THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000pt Competitive List

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hazzer22
Slave
Hazzer22

2000pt Competitive List Empty
PostSubject: 2000pt Competitive List   2000pt Competitive List I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04 2018, 11:30

Thinking about using this list for a couple of bigger tournaments this summer, I've won a couple of games with it so far, one against Tau and one against DG (let me know if you would like to know their lists), any feedback is welcome, I'm interested to debate some of the choices in here! One of my thoughts is going for a covens battalion with Urien, Haem, 3 x 5 Wracks, 4 Talos and 8ish Grots, instead of the Venoms, Kabalites and any 2 of the flyers. I'm going for maximum optimisation

++ Air Wing Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [34 PL, 620pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Detachment Attribute: Kabal of the Black Heart

+ Flyer +

Razorwing Jetfighter [8 PL, 145pts]: Splinter Cannon
. 2 Disintegrator Cannons: 2x Disintegrator cannon

Razorwing Jetfighter [8 PL, 145pts]: Splinter Cannon
. 2 Disintegrator Cannons: 2x Disintegrator cannon

Voidraven [9 PL, 165pts]: Two dark scythes, Voidraven Missiles

Voidraven [9 PL, 165pts]: Two dark scythes, Voidraven Missiles

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [57 PL, 1090pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Detachment Attribute: Kabal of the Black Heart

Prizes from the Dark City (1 Relic)

+ HQ +

Archon [4 PL, 76pts]: Huskblade, Labyrinthine Cunning, Splinter pistol, Warlord (Archon), Writ of the Living Muse

Archon [4 PL, 93pts]: Blaster, Huskblade

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors [2 PL, 47pts]
. 3x Kabalite Warrior
. Kabalite Warrior with special weapon: Blaster
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

. 3x Kabalite Warrior

. 3x Kabalite Warrior

Kabalite Warriors [2 PL, 30pts]
. 4x Kabalite Warrior

+ Heavy Support +

Ravager [7 PL, 125pts]: Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon

Ravager [7 PL, 125pts]: Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon

+ Dedicated Transport +

Venom [4 PL, 75pts]: Splinter Cannon, Splinter Cannon

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Craftworlds) [16 PL, 290pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Craftworld Attribute: Ulthwe: Foresight of the Damned

+ HQ +

Eldrad Ulthran [8 PL, 150pts]: 2. Doom, 4. Executioner, 6. Mind War

Warlock Skyrunner [4 PL, 70pts]: 4. Protect/Jinx, Shuriken Pistol, Twin Shuriken Catapult, Witchblade

Warlock Skyrunner [4 PL, 70pts]: 5. Quicken/Restrain, Shuriken Pistol, Twin Shuriken Catapult, Witchblade

++ Total: [107 PL, 2000pts] ++
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Competitive List   2000pt Competitive List I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11 2018, 14:28

Are you running the Air Wing as Black Heart? I might recommend Flayed Skull instead to give them Ignores Cover, the slight boost to the Razorwing Splinter Cannons isn't bad either.

Why is there 1CP spent for Prizes From The Dark City? I only count one Artefact of Cruelty in use.
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Competitive List   2000pt Competitive List I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11 2018, 15:31

I would question what your plan is with Eldrad, particularly since you made the warlocks skyrunners. On his own, he can't do much. And if your opponent stays back from your range of your psychic powers, he is 150 pts sitting in your backfield.

If you're planning to use mindwar, I would also change one of your warlock powers for Embolden/Horrify for the extra +2 Ld on Eldrad when you cast it.
Back to top Go down
Hazzer22
Slave
Hazzer22

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Competitive List   2000pt Competitive List I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11 2018, 16:08

Personally prefer the 6+++ on the flyers.
It was just a battlescribe glitch, counted as an error if I didn't take it.

I've run him in a few games with this list now and tbh he really puts in the work, with 24" range on his powers plus his move of 7" and advance he covers a lot (34.5"*), and one of his major things is Dooming the ravager targets, though it makes WTLM somewhat redundant he is deffo worth while, for 10 pts more than a farseer all he loses out on is speed but gains an extra power, 3++ and +1 to cast after the first power, it's almost a no contest in my mind.

I'm currently thinking of dropping one of the warlocks and 2 venoms for 2 x 5 rangers and a 20 man guardian squad deep striking, gives me 4 more CP as well which this list can drain in no time
Back to top Go down
merse24
Kabalite Warrior
merse24

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Competitive List   2000pt Competitive List I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11 2018, 17:52

I tend to agree on Eldrad on foot. I would consider dropping the jetbike on both Warlocks and Dropping the 4th unit of Warriors and their Venom for a Wave Serpent.

30 points from Warlocks
30 points from Warriors
75 points from Venom
135 Total

For 134 points, you can take a Shuriken Cannon and a Twin Shuriken Cannon. That's 9 S6 shots with rending at 24", and provides decent protection while you get your psykers in range.
Back to top Go down
Chippen
Kabalite Warrior
Chippen

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Competitive List   2000pt Competitive List I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2018, 15:24

Foundation/idea of the list is solid. What I would do, however, is swap the Dark Scythes to Void Lances on the Voidravens. Dark Scythes were the go-to for a long time, but that was mostly because we had Lances everywhere, and the Dark Scythes helped us fill a niche on the mid-strength side. Now the opposite is true - we take Dissies everywhere, which leaves us hurting for T8.

I'd drop the Blaster from the Archon and put it on the Kabalite squad. If you run the Archon up the board, you're probably advancing and hitting on 3s anyway, so you lose that benefit. Personally I use my Archons for beatsticks and/or screening and area denial.

I'm not sure what Eldrad does for you that an Alaito Farseer wouldn't. Doom and Executioner are the best, and while Mind War is fine, you gotta invest more in the form of PGLs/Horrify casts to make it worthwhile. I'd consider changing that to an Alaitoc Supreme Command with Farseer Skyrunner and dual Warlock Skyrunners rocking Protect/Jinx and Embolden/Horrify.

I also don't know what 4 Flyers is doing for you that 2-3 won't. You're a little light on CP in my opinion to be playing competitive games, since still so many lists are dependent on stratagems. You'll want more AoV.

I'd consider swapping stuff around to something like this:

Black Heart Battalion:

2x Archon, Huskblades, pistols
Kabalites w/Blasters (as many as you can fit)
Enough Venoms for the Kabs
3x Dissie Ravagers
2x voidravens w/ Lances and Missiles, if you want a Razorwing, pull these to a separate Air Wing for a CP

Alaitoc Battalion
Farseer Skyrunner, Doom/Executioner
Warlock Skyrunner, Protect/jinx
3x5 Rangers, just for screening.

Alternatively, going Flayed Skull Battalion for your venom spam, Black Heart Spearhead for the Dissies and Flyers, then the Alaitoc Battalion works really well together.

Hazzer22
Slave
Hazzer22

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Competitive List   2000pt Competitive List I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2018, 16:17

Current list is

2x Razorwing
2x Voidraven

2x Archon
3x 5 Kabalites w/ Blasters
3x Venoms
3x Dissie Ravagers

Eldrad
Warlock
2 x 5 Rangers
20 Guardians w/ 2 Shuriken Cannons

I prefer the scythes to the lances, essentially more shots is always the way to go personally, there's more capacity.

4 Flyers have some pretty execptional niches which some armies just can't handle, they can be a great screen against certain armies and they've preformed very well for me in all my games so far.

I agree about the CP hence why I've gone for the Ulthwe battalion, just don't rate Aliatoc that much especially on characters, rangers and hemlocks are where it comes in to play
Back to top Go down
merse24
Kabalite Warrior
merse24

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Competitive List   2000pt Competitive List I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2018, 17:03

As far as the 4 flyers go, if you're playing ITC missions, having 4 flyers is amazing for taking Recon as one of your secondary choices. Almost an automatic 4 points.

Doing the math, Alaitoc is more resilient than Ulthwe IF you can keep 12" away. If you feel that you won't be able to do that, then I agree, Ulthwe is the next best option.

I would still consider dropping a flyer and adding in another Archon to get 1 more detachment. You could change your Battalion to Flayed Skull or PT and then take BH on the Airwing or Spearhead.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Competitive List   2000pt Competitive List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000pt Competitive List
Page 1 of 1