THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar and Forgeworld

Go down 
+6
jackers
TheBaconPope
Clothar
dumpeal
DevilDoll
Squidmaster
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Dark Eldar and Forgeworld Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar and Forgeworld   Dark Eldar and Forgeworld I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2018, 12:25

Not much in terms of news, but something that popped up today I thought might be of some interest:
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2018/06/the-future-of-dark-eldar-forgeworld.html

From FAEIT212:

Quote :
"Dark Eldar/ Drukhari miniatures may not be a part of Forgeworld's future (at least in the forseen near future). A reader here on Faeit 212 has sent in his latest correspondence with Forgeworld about the Dark Eldar.

As mostly a Dark Eldar player this is always a little sad. But the possibilities are always still open. Sometimes I think we are getting over-saturated with different armies that have codexes.

This was the response I got after I bought a Tantalus and asked about other models. Their excuse has been they were a pain to make, but this sounds different. Who knows. Will be submitting a what’s on your table soon as well. Cheers "

Dark Eldar and Forgeworld Image1

http://www.escelionfilms.com
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Forgeworld   Dark Eldar and Forgeworld I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2018, 17:31

Good. Their service sucks, their packaging sucks, their plastic sucks even more and their prices are disgusting, hopefully we DO get new models from GW though
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Forgeworld   Dark Eldar and Forgeworld I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2018, 20:05

DevilDoll wrote:
Good. Their service sucks, their packaging sucks, their plastic sucks even more and their prices are disgusting, hopefully we DO get new models from GW though

But the reaper is good.
Back to top Go down
Clothar
Slave
Clothar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Forgeworld   Dark Eldar and Forgeworld I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2018, 00:14

As somebody who owns a Tantalus and 2 Reapers, I'm fine with DE never getting more FW items. I ordered all 3 at the same time, and if I had originally ordered just the Tantalus like I had intended, I wouldn't own 2 Reapers today.
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Forgeworld   Dark Eldar and Forgeworld I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2018, 02:03

The models look nice, and the rules are good, but, the hassle, and expense, of getting Forge World's products to ship to the States means they'll always just be a nice "what if" for me.

To me the "oversaturation of armies" as an excuse is a fat load of horse crap, though. DE have been around for decades, the fact that Forgeworld prefers to make eighty thousand Rhino doors instead of expanding an established faction's line is their fault, no one else's.

Slave
jackers

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Forgeworld   Dark Eldar and Forgeworld I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2018, 02:24

From what I can tell atm, FW are doing their best to cover for some fairly major problems. They went super hard into the HH line, and have just discontinued a large swathe of those models with no real explanation. (I have many rather annoyed friends who are now left with half an army in Mk. II armour they can't expand.)
I wouldn't be all that surprised if that email really meant, 'we won't be doing much of anything right now'.
Back to top Go down
Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior
Nogrim

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Forgeworld   Dark Eldar and Forgeworld I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2018, 05:58

well if the range isn't offered im sure we will see people creating models for 3d printing to fill the gap.

i was on the fence about it before but now i plan on just printing my own.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Forgeworld   Dark Eldar and Forgeworld I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25 2018, 10:44

Maybe FW are stopping due to the fact you can get china cast at less than half the cost of their models.
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Forgeworld   Dark Eldar and Forgeworld I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25 2018, 21:34

Crazy_Ivan wrote:
Maybe FW are stopping due to the fact you can get china cast at less than half the cost of their models.

sad fact: its better quality too...
Back to top Go down
clively
Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Forgeworld   Dark Eldar and Forgeworld I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05 2018, 05:49

DevilDoll wrote:

100% agree.

FW books have always been top notch. FW models, on the other hand, are mostly garbage that anyone could do better.

I have several different FW models, including the tantalus, Reapers, some characters and random bits like doors. I won’t buy another one until they move production to plastic.

Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Forgeworld   Dark Eldar and Forgeworld I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2018, 18:21

Depends on the model. Some are bad. Some are worthy of the gods.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Forgeworld   Dark Eldar and Forgeworld I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar and Forgeworld
Page 1 of 1