THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules

Go down 
+3
Axel115
Thor665
Unholyllama
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Unholyllama
Sybarite
Unholyllama

Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules Empty
PostSubject: Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules   Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04 2013, 19:38

I can't figure it out on the Forgeworld Site like I can with certain other armies.

Which Imperial Armour book(s) are the rules for the various Dark Eldar FW models?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules   Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04 2013, 20:32

The "various" DE models... Very Happy

I would say the current most updated and official one would be Imperial Armor Apocalypse 2nd Edition (it has an Imperial Reaver Titan on the cover, not the Chaos Reaver). If there are any more up to date rules I'm unaware of them.

Back to top Go down
Axel115
Hellion
Axel115

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules   Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04 2013, 20:38

Edit: Nothing to see here Smile
Back to top Go down
Unholyllama
Sybarite
Unholyllama

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules   Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04 2013, 20:53

Thor665 wrote:
The "various" DE models... Very Happy

I would say the current most updated and official one would be Imperial Armor Apocalypse 2nd Edition (it has an Imperial Reaver Titan on the cover, not the Chaos Reaver). If there are any more up to date rules I'm unaware of them.
The latest IA Apoc book has the rules for the Reaper, Raven and Tantalus? Good to know. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Mandor
Kabalite Warrior
Mandor

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules   Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04 2013, 21:54

Forgeworld rules are a complete and total mess. It's quite possible that the "official" rules for units change once, sometimes twice a year. The most recent rules, I think are:

Tantalus, Reaper: Imperial Armour Apocalypse (note, this is not the Imperial Armour Apocalypse 2nd edition book).

Raven: Imperial Armour Aeronautica.

Void Dragon Phoenix: I think the rules for this model were never updated past the original Imperial Armour Apocalypse book (the very first).
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules   Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04 2013, 22:24

Mandor wrote:
Tantalus, Reaper: Imperial Armour Apocalypse (note, this is not the Imperial Armour Apocalypse 2nd edition book).
Those are indeed the most recent rules as far as I can tell.

They list that book as due out early next year.
Until then I'm pretty sure 2nd Ed. Apoc is the correct book.

Back to top Go down
Mandor
Kabalite Warrior
Mandor

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules   Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04 2013, 22:55

Thor665 wrote:
Mandor wrote:
Those are indeed the most recent rules as far as I can tell.

They list that book as due out early next year.
Until then I'm pretty sure 2nd Ed. Apoc is the correct book.
Nah, it's already released. That "9th of August" is actually 2013. I guess the site is not up to date. No surprise there. The 2nd Edition Apoc book is no longer available.

To summarize the rules:
Tantalus, better than previous, decent though costly. Reaper, haywire nerfed, otherwise the same, about 20 pts overcosted and suffers from one-weapon syndrome. Raven, useless, about 100 pts overcosted.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules   Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05 2013, 00:55

So it's all still useless then? Color me unsurprised.

Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules   Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05 2013, 18:41

If only there had been some Hornets for us (Craftworld Eldar small fliers, bit like the Stormtalon).
Back to top Go down
Mandor
Kabalite Warrior
Mandor

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules   Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05 2013, 21:28

commandersasha wrote:
If only there had been some Hornets for us (Craftworld Eldar small fliers, bit like the Stormtalon).
Yes, the new Hornet rules are insane. I doubt they playtested those at all. Then again, someone at Forgeworld probably has bloodied their fingers on some failed Raven cast they had lying around, to price it at twice the cost it should be...
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules   Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05 2013, 22:58

I still love the reapers even though haywire has been nerved slightly, running eldar allies to make them twin linked is golden.
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules   Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05 2013, 23:00

If you guys don't me asking what are the new Hornet rules? I have yet to pick up the new book so I'm only familiar with IA11 rules. I have 3 painted and used them on a number of times and I thought they were pretty insane to begin with. What's changed?

Kabalite Warrior
Mandor

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules   Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06 2013, 10:01

Cavalier wrote:
If you guys don't me asking what are the new Hornet rules? I have yet to pick up the new book so I'm only familiar with IA11 rules. I have 3 painted and used them on a number of times and I thought they were pretty insane to begin with. What's changed?
Without breaching copyright, compared to ravagers, a hornet:
  • is much faster;
  • has the same armour but less hull points;
  • packs more heavy weapon shots;
  • can be squadroned;
  • is fast attack instead of heavy support;
  • is about 75% of the cost armed with pulse lasers.

So yeah...
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules   Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06 2013, 13:35

Interesting... I'm shocked the cost of pulse lasers went down. I run mine with missile launchers and it was totally ridiculous. I'm surprised they haven't hit the tournament scene particularly in American westcoast where forgeworld is allowed pretty much across the board.

Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules   Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06 2013, 13:43

Pulse lasers are ridiculous now! Wish I could afford to buy some hornets.
Back to top Go down
Mandor
Kabalite Warrior
Mandor

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules   Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06 2013, 17:31

Crazy_Ivan wrote:
Pulse lasers are ridiculous now! Wish I could afford to buy some hornets.
Yes, the upgrade cost on pulse lasers is what makes the Hornet so incredibly powerful (though 2x scatter lasers is awesome as well). You generally don't want to run them with missile launchers.
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules   Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07 2013, 14:26

The reason I ran them with EML is the 48" range keeps them out of trouble, they tear up side armor like and put out tons of wounds when using plasma missiles. They were super deadly and doubtless the MVP of the games I used them. I had my brother conceding on turn 3 because of how quickly they tore up his IG vehicles (while my d-scythe Wraithguard obliterated most of his infantry). Being able to hide at 48" with a nice little jink save made the EML the perfect choice and kept the super cheap.

However what you guys are hinting at with the pulse lasers is really intriguing. Gotta get the new book. Thanks for the info!

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules   Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forgeworld Dark Eldar Rules
Page 1 of 1