THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

can someone suggest how to get the skin tone GW uses on the new nurgle lord

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Judgex83
Hellion
Judgex83

can someone suggest how to get the skin tone GW uses on the new nurgle lord Empty
PostSubject: can someone suggest how to get the skin tone GW uses on the new nurgle lord   can someone suggest how to get the skin tone GW uses on the new nurgle lord I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03 2011, 14:10

Im assuming everyone has seen the new really nice nurgle lord by now since I belive everyone here visits the GW site as often as me chomping at the bits for new releases. I was wondering if anyone could suggest some colors to use to get the skin to look how GW has it on the site. They dont have to be GW paints since I know GW doesnt even use GW paints soley. Im terrible at painting skin and up until now I was able to hide all skin by a helmet but this guy decided armor was for wimps. Thanks in advance.

A pic incase you have not seen it
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1340007a

Sybarite
Dogmar

can someone suggest how to get the skin tone GW uses on the new nurgle lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: can someone suggest how to get the skin tone GW uses on the new nurgle lord   can someone suggest how to get the skin tone GW uses on the new nurgle lord I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03 2011, 15:24

Ok, there are a few ways to do it.

I play VC in fantasy and my ghouls have a very similar skin tone to that nurgle general. What I did is the following:

Basecoat with a mix of Tanned Flesh and Codex grey
Highlight through adding progressive amounts of elf flesh (and some Codex Grey when the mix becomes tooo lively)
Wash with Devlan Mud
Redefine the Skin with a thin layer of your last highlighting colour
Add final highlights with Elf Flesh + Bleached Bone
If you think it is too dark give it a slight wash with Griphonne Sepia afterwards and you should be fine.

Thats about what I did off the top of my head. Here is what it looks like:
can someone suggest how to get the skin tone GW uses on the new nurgle lord P1000790

Hope this helps
Back to top Go down

can someone suggest how to get the skin tone GW uses on the new nurgle lord
Page 1 of 1