THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New FAQs

Go down 
+24
Count Adhemar
Gizamaluke
Azdrubael
albions-angel
sweetbacon
Dalamar
Archon_91
ferrusmanus
Oaka
Denegaar
Darklord
Void Prince
Cerve
Soulless Samurai
Grimcrimm
CptMetal
fisheyes
GreyArea
DevilDoll
Sarcron
Koldan
Kalmah
amishprn86
krayd
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Denegaar
Hellion
Denegaar

New FAQs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09 2021, 21:14

In the app, Hellions are 17 and Reavers are 10. But that means nothing, maybe the dude that uploaded the points on the servers had the same PDF as we have.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

New FAQs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09 2021, 21:42

Yeah most likely.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

New FAQs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10 2021, 08:58

Thanks, yeah I think it too.
Back to top Go down
Void Prince
Hellion
Void Prince

New FAQs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10 2021, 16:00

fisheyes wrote:
Honestly, if this wasnt posted on the GW website I would assume this is a hoax.

The organization is terrible, the point costs dont make sense, and the upgrades not even fall under the specific unit (Reaver upgrades).

I am thinking that both the Reaver and the Wrack entries are typos, and will get corrected in the next week. Otherwise DAMN! We are back in a powerful way...

I know of at least one Death Guard player at my local club who is very happy with the points costs (for DG) as now published. I think it is safe to say they won't be changing in the new Codex.
Back to top Go down
Darklord
Hellion
Darklord

New FAQs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10 2021, 16:49

About Reavers I have a feeling it is a inversion between unit cost and blaster cost.
The real cost could be 15pts.

Back to top Go down
Denegaar
Hellion
Denegaar

New FAQs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10 2021, 16:56

I think what makes most sense is what people is saying, Hellions 10 and Reavers 17. I would play both at that price.

Reavers at 10 is broken good, one of the best units in the game for sure.
Back to top Go down
ferrusmanus
Hellion
ferrusmanus

New FAQs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10 2021, 17:59

hi to all Smile
a beautiful fix for ours army
i don't undestand the cost of 1 talow with Haywire blaster..
te fax say 110 (with standard load two splinter cannons and two macro-scalpels) and propose:
Talos gauntlet +5 pts
Twin liquifier gun+15 pts

so replace the splinter cannons with Haywire blaster is a total costo of 100? (5 points less for any blaster)?

i don't get the faq for the talos O.o
Back to top Go down
Oaka
Kabalite Warrior
Oaka

New FAQs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10 2021, 18:22

According to the author's notes in the FAQ, every option that isn't listed can be treated as +0 points, and that is how it is listed in the app.
Back to top Go down
ferrusmanus
Hellion
ferrusmanus

New FAQs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10 2021, 18:43

ahhh ok
i have missed this entry, thanks a lot for the answer
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

New FAQs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10 2021, 21:32

This has me flashing back to reavers at the start of 8th ed ... where their points cost made them really good and people speculated it was so they could get rid of extra stock
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

New FAQs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11 2021, 12:04

I played a Wrack heavy list over the weekend against a reasonably hard Necron list. DAMN did those 20 man Wrack squads pull their weight (I posted the list over in the Army List section).

120 wracks doing their Black Cornucopian were able to get into the enemy lines and tie up EVERYTHING on turn 4. He was able to take out 60 of the 120 wracks by the end of the game (the CTan was really good at knocking off 2-4 from a bunch of squads to prevent having an obvious Black Cornucopian target), but they were just EVERYWHERE clogging up EVERYTHING and there is no good way to get rid of them. Gauss Reapers (Assault 2, S5, AP-2) did more work than I expected.
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

New FAQs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12 2021, 20:12

Oaka wrote:
Dalamar wrote:
GW app updated and all points and unit sizes have been applied as wriiten in FAQ.

That's not entirely true.  I didn't go through everything but Grotesques are 3-6 unit size in the pdf, 3-10 in the app.  Beastmasters are 40 points in the pdf, 45 in the app.

You are correct about the Beastmaster they forgot to zero out the cost of the Agonizer. but Grotesques are max 6 in the app.
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

New FAQs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12 2021, 20:56

In the latest episode of Splintermind, they were basically shouting that the points for Reavers are a mistake and to expect this mistake to be corrected in the codex.
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

New FAQs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12 2021, 20:59

fisheyes wrote:
I played a Wrack heavy list over the weekend against a reasonably hard Necron list. DAMN did those 20 man Wrack squads pull their weight (I posted the list over in the Army List section).

120 wracks doing their Black Cornucopian were able to get into the enemy lines and tie up EVERYTHING on turn 4. He was able to take out 60 of the 120 wracks by the end of the game (the CTan was really good at knocking off 2-4 from a bunch of squads to prevent having an obvious Black Cornucopian target), but they were just EVERYWHERE clogging up EVERYTHING and there is no good way to get rid of them. Gauss Reapers (Assault 2, S5, AP-2) did more work than I expected.

I’m impressed by anyone who actually has 120 Wracks. I think this could be a legit top tier build that will be held back due to hobby constraints as I think very few actually have the models (outside of TTS) to actually play this list.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

New FAQs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13 2021, 13:36

I had been toying with a Wrack heavy list since 9th dropped, but with the latest point cost I could no longer hold back. Honestly, Wracks would still be spammable at 10 pts each IMHO (assuming you are willing to build that many of them).

I got 15 fully ready for tournaments (painted/based), with another 20 ready for priming. I think I could do another 20, but more than that would be just painful...

Got to say, having TTS has been amazing during Covid. So many advantages to playing online (models with rules tagged to them, standardized terrain, infinite access to models, etc)
Back to top Go down
Denegaar
Hellion
Denegaar

New FAQs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04 2021, 19:03

Reavers back to 20

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/gxruRl769G2olA3v.pdf

Skulnbonz likes this post

Back to top Go down
albions-angel
Kabalite Warrior

New FAQs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04 2021, 19:33

Ouch, that hurts. Hellions still at 17 as well. Odd choice. Knee jerk response? Not that it matters much given the near codex release. Everything might change again...
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

New FAQs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04 2021, 19:59

damn.....our golden age is already over Sad I hope some of you found a way to enjoy it a little Wink
At least the Wracks are still at 8pts.
Also, we (well, at least me....) don't know yet if those points reflects what will be in our next codex...
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

New FAQs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04 2021, 20:14

Kalmah wrote:
damn.....our golden age is already over Sad I hope some of you found a way to enjoy it a little Wink
At least the Wracks are still at 8pts.
Also, we (well, at least me....) don't know yet if those points reflects what will be in our next codex...

I can't find any fun about playing Reavers at 10 ppm. So yeah, happy that they fixed it fast.
Wracks still OP lol

Anyway, it's interesting that it wasn't a swap, but actually Hellions are really at 17...that's interesting for the new codex incoming. Mmm...1 point over Incubi. Flying Incubi maybe? Less armour but Ap and D3 on charge?
Back to top Go down
Koldan
Kabalite Warrior
Koldan

New FAQs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05 2021, 10:22

Cerve wrote:
Anyway, it's interesting that it wasn't a swap, but actually Hellions are really at 17...that's interesting for the new codex incoming. Mmm...1 point over Incubi. Flying Incubi maybe? Less armour but Ap and D3 on charge?

I would not think too much about the points yet. The fix seems a little rushed, no colour coding of new changes, as GW normally does. The power level list got also updated, but the unit sizes there are still different to the ones in the points list. And 10 incubi have fewer points then 10 Hellions, but a higher power level. Just because they have not fixed something, does not mean it is intentional. Different unit sizes in narrative and match play are clearly not intentional, so they could also have missed the Hellion points.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

New FAQs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06 2021, 13:56

How do you think, will they enable Cult of Strife rules from Book of Rust to be available in Realspace Raiders detachment in new FAQ?

Seems kinda silly that most themathic and slightly less competitive choice is limited in options.

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

New FAQs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06 2021, 14:20

I highly doubt we will be able to use CoS in a RSR with all the hate rolling around the internet at the moment.

The fact that we kept the +2CP for the Raiding Force astounds me, and makes me worried about future power creep in 9th
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

New FAQs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 07 2021, 01:04

fisheyes wrote:
I highly doubt we will be able to use CoS in a RSR with all the hate rolling around the internet at the moment.

The fact that we kept the +2CP for the Raiding Force astounds me, and makes me worried about future power creep in 9th

Thats not how GW nerfs, so don't worry about that.

The Strange Dark One likes this post

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

New FAQs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 07 2021, 19:56

@amishprn86, long time dude, where have you been?

Got back just in time to feel the hate. What a time to play DE *eye roll*

amishprn86 likes this post

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

New FAQs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 08 2021, 12:40

fisheyes wrote:
@amishprn86, long time dude, where have you been?

Got back just in time to feel the hate. What a time to play DE *eye roll*

Just been less on websites and more in on going topics like discord.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New FAQs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New FAQs
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next