THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

What's coming this year?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

What's coming this year? Empty
PostSubject: What's coming this year?   What's coming this year? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15 2021, 15:35

Due to the new kind of spoilers... can anybody make sense of the redacted covers?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/13/whos-getting-a-new-codex-in-2021-find-out-with-our-road-map-for-warhammer-40000/
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: What's coming this year?   What's coming this year? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15 2021, 15:49

These covers were used in 8th too. Without a crystal ball you wont get any more info...

Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: What's coming this year?   What's coming this year? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15 2021, 16:45

Really. Dang

Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: What's coming this year?   What's coming this year? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15 2021, 17:04

But the article says, its one imperial and one xenos Codex. Might be anything, but if I had to guess?
Custodes and Tyranids. Dont know why, but it feels like it. At least for me.

Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: What's coming this year?   What's coming this year? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15 2021, 17:08

They also said that 2022 will be better for the rest of the traitor legions. Fingers crossed for my world eaters. I spend so much time converting them with blood warriors...

Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: What's coming this year?   What's coming this year? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15 2021, 17:25

The Chaos Chosen from Fantasy also look very khorne -ish...

I think, next year there even might come a Codex: Emperors Children.

Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: What's coming this year?   What's coming this year? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15 2021, 18:56

I would agree with Tyranids. There has been a LOT of Nid-like stuff in the rumour engine over the later six months. Or maybe two things. But SOME.
And to be honest, I hope Gaurd won't be for a long time. The reason being, the best way they could introduce Codex World Eaters would be Angron having his second crack at Armageddon. Primarch, new Berzerkers, and Steel Legion as a new focus for the Militarum units. And if THAT happens, it's better at the end of the Codex release cycle as the start of this editions post-cycle campaign (Psychic Awakening). Maybe thats a pipe-dream, but it would be perfect in my eyes.
Custodes might be a good call, but given they've put two Codexes in the same month, maybe its just a new Ultramarines to get new Tyrannic War Veterans on the shelf. Or hell, maybe it's a totally unexpected Codex Inquisition, with a shiny new Ordo Xenos Inquisitor model to fight off some Tyranids...

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: What's coming this year?   What's coming this year? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15 2021, 19:36

T'au really is in need of a new Codex, but Nids are just more likely. With the new Computergame featuring them and all...

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: What's coming this year?   What's coming this year? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16 2021, 12:47

Rumor says it will be Custodes and GSC, but that is likely a wild guess.

Kinda strange that we still have 1/3 of the year left, and they are only releasing 3 "new" codicies (I dont count Orks/TS/GK since those have already been released/leaked)
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: What's coming this year?   What's coming this year? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16 2021, 14:15

indeed they REALLY need to fasten the pace at which the codices are released!
if things continue this way, we'll get to the 10th edition and some Codices won't even be released :/
Covid does have a large back on which to put all our blames, but come on!

Seriously i pity people still playing with their 8th edition Codex.........it's just useless against 9th edition ones! For the sake of the game, please release all those codices so that everyone can bath in the sun!!! (or Dark sun.......yours to choose Wink )
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: What's coming this year?   What's coming this year? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16 2021, 14:46

Stolen suns, in our case...

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: What's coming this year?   What's coming this year? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16 2021, 17:51

Ive actually been trying to find people to play 8th edition codex armies. Other than a few outliers (Harlies, Custodes, and IMHO Demons), they are reasonably balanced.

I think we need to start going back to an Index at the start of every edition. It will be another book to buy, but at least things will be reasonably even.

Trying to play my Guard into Necrons is nearly impossible. Against my Dark Eldar its just laughable.

Ah well, this sort of imballance lead to the creation of the ITC (and our current Missions/Secondaries). Maybe this will lead to a community based point-balance team.

We honestly need it...

The Strange Dark One and AzraeI like this post

Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: What's coming this year?   What's coming this year? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16 2021, 18:13

There was a goonhammer article about playing IG competitive. Have you read it?

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: What's coming this year?   What's coming this year? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16 2021, 18:19

I did see it on my news feed a week or so back, but did not read it.

I jumped into Guard in 8th, and they did pretty well IMHO. Back then I did not play Competitive, just beer-hammer against random other opponents.

For the last few months I have been reading a lot of Guard novels (Redemption Corps, Gaunts Ghosts, Commisar Cain, etc) and really inspired to run Guard. There is no way I can get Guard to work. Been talking to one of the top Guard players here in Canada, and hes basically saying the same thing. You got DKoK horses, and thats basically it. Manitcores are garbage (imo), and LRBTs are just too expensive for their damage output and fragility. Infantry just die in droves, you cannot "drown their bullets in bodies" like you could last edition.

Did you give it the article a read thru? Is it worth the time?
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: What's coming this year?   What's coming this year? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16 2021, 18:27

I didnt read it fully in detail, but I think its worth a look. Or two. Or maybe even three.

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: What's coming this year?   What's coming this year? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17 2021, 13:10

I gave the Goonhammer review a quick flip thru, nothing really jumped out at me.

They did identify the main powerhouse units (Taurox Prime, Manticor, Tank Commanders), but nothing ground breaking IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: What's coming this year?   What's coming this year? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17 2021, 13:19

Then I am sorry. For me there were some news in the article. But I never played IG.

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: What's coming this year?   What's coming this year? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17 2021, 17:58

All good buddy, I appreciate the reminder!

And as I said, I did not read the whole thing in depth (it seemed that there was a large part of it going over Allies, which is another thing I despise).

But Guard are in a terrible place right now. If someone showed up with 2400 pts against 2000 pts of DE, I would still bet on the DE (its that bad...). Same for Tau and Nids (outside a few FW models, which I also despise).

Guess I am just a hate-filled horror monster at heart. Just like were supposed to be in the fluff XD
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: What's coming this year?   What's coming this year? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21 2021, 14:34

I so want that cuddly, cute Nurgling. Jeah, I know, I'm 44, but there has to be a place for that in my life...

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: What's coming this year?   What's coming this year? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24 2021, 12:39

Well, we will see if there is a new Primaris unit to go with that new Primaris flamer. I doubt GW would spend the money designing a Black Templar only unit/weapon.

Started re-doing my Primaris Ravenguard army, could be interesting Wink
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: What's coming this year?   What's coming this year? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24 2021, 15:12

You think, after units of Plasmadudes and Meltadudes they now get Flamerdudes?

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: What's coming this year?   What's coming this year? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24 2021, 17:19

When it comes to GW, I no longer think at all XD

I mean we already got Flamestorm Aggressors, but who knows. They made the Invictor Warsuit, which is the worst model since the Centurion IMHO. Damn suits inside suits inside suits...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's coming this year?   What's coming this year? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's coming this year?
Page 1 of 1