THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607

Go down 
+8
Shadows Revenge
Thor665
Gobsmakked
gunnerboy1607
Marquis Vaulkhere
Raucir Lustingclaw
Evil Space Elves
GAR
12 posters
AuthorMessage
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607 Empty
PostSubject: HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607   HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13 2011, 14:16

Comment thread for Gunnerboy1607.

HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607 Dsc01110

Nice conversion. I am really liking the spear/sword/naginata thingy.

I see great potential in this one

HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607 Youdaamrg

Last edited by GAR on Fri Dec 23 2011, 12:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607   HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13 2011, 15:03

Clever, clever use of the Dire Avenger Exarch arms. I like!

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Raucir Lustingclaw
Kabalite Warrior
Raucir Lustingclaw

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607   HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13 2011, 15:09

Evil Space Elves wrote:
Clever, clever use of the Dire Avenger Exarch arms. I like!

Seconded! Although my initial reaction was "AAAAUUUGGHH someone's ALREADY had my idea for a Shadowfield generator!", I have to admit this guy looks pretty awesome. The only downside has to be that banner though. Our banners are just way too static - which is ironic considering the fluid and dynamic nature of our warriors.

How about stealing a WFB banner from somewhere to keep the impression of fluidity?

Otherwise, great work!

Raucir

Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607   HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13 2011, 17:18

Such an impressive model man. I cant wait to see how it is painted.
P.S. your husk blade is killer... no pun intended.

gunnerboy1607
Kabalite Warrior
gunnerboy1607

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607   HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13 2011, 23:27

@GAR - thank you very much!! Let's call it the husk blade spear thingy Razz

@ESE - thanks! I was going through my bitz box and found those and I'm like! MUST USE!!!

@raucir - hahahah sorry! Razz but thanks! I really like it as well, like game wise u can use it as a shadowfield or the clone thingy, but for me I use it as a soul trap as well as the shield! My idea is, that it's the souls of his enemy that makes his shield stronger! (but that doesn't mean if the field gives out, he can't soul trap anymore, more like fluff reason) haha sorry didn't have to say that but thought u should know Razz

And for the banner, I would try change it...but I have no other ones other than the banners of warriors of chaos....which is a crapper one to use as it looks rugged...so I decided to keep elegant with the DE banner. I would've used the eldar one, but I ran out of it Sad

@marquis - hahahahaha thanks! I'm really hoping I could pull it off myself...I'm a bit worried, that I prob won't be able to follow up to this! :/

Last edited by gunnerboy1607 on Tue Dec 13 2011, 23:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot something)
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607   HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19 2011, 21:49

Great conversion, looks terrific as a single tabletop piece. I have to agree about the banner though, something more dynamic like that off a Skaven Doomwheel would be much better for DE.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607   HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2011, 19:36

I just like the ominous solidity of the guy - looks like something you wouldn't want to mess with on the battlefield.

Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607   HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2011, 17:49

my first thought was "Yiel???" Razz I do like that weapon though, looks really nasty. Ive never been a fan of bald heads though, and banners... but to each their own. I think the paint scheme might put this one over the top Razz

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Archeonlotet
Kabalite Warrior
Archeonlotet

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607   HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24 2011, 07:39

The duskblade on the end of the pike is indeed bad-ass. I do agree that a more dynamic flag is in order. Those bracers are smokin cool as well!
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607   HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25 2011, 23:19

Gobsmakked's idea of a giant banner is a good one, I might have to steal that. Why not add a severed hand to the banner pole to break it up a bit? I'd rotate his head to the left a bit too but maybe that's just me.

Love the sword and use of the shimmershield arm.

Base is funky too, where's that from?

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
gunnerboy1607
Kabalite Warrior
gunnerboy1607

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607   HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26 2011, 00:51

@Gobsmaccked - *sigh* this is what i get for not collecting more WFB armies Sad

@thor665 - WOOO TOUGH GUY FTW!!! Smile

@Shadows Revenge - yeah! thanks! i was trying to avoid any bald heads as well, but i was also trying to avoid any long hair...which is pretty much for DE our choice is bald, girly looking faces for men or the wyches helmet...which i liked this one most!!! Smile Well lets hope i can paint this one really well, im not a great painter compare to some of the models iv seen people put up, but ill try own this one!! Smile

@Archeonlotet - That is one of the most proudest conversion iv ever made! its easy as hell! but i just love the look of that dusk blade spear thingy as well Razz

@Sky serpent - Thats what i was planning to do, at the end. hang it from the moon thing... Smile
it looks pretty fine to me, its just prob the angle of the photo! but ill take a look again and ill reposition if it look like nyeeeeeeh! Razz
oh and the base is just one of the home made bases i made, using the skull pile from a basing set and then using sprues as like bricky thing and stuff Smile

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607   HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2012, 06:49

I don't know how I missed the finished pic, but that Archon is looking quite awesome. the colors almost remind me of an evil high elf(Okay, it's the White Lion banner that's doing it tongue )Looking forward to seeing an army done in this scheme.

My Dark Eldar Project Log

Last edited by Evil Space Elves on Wed Feb 01 2012, 13:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Devilish
Kabalite Warrior
Devilish

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607   HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2012, 13:44

Good thing ESE mentioned the finished pic, I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise.

Great job!
Back to top Go down
gunnerboy1607
Kabalite Warrior
gunnerboy1607

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607   HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01 2012, 06:43

hahahaha!!! THANK YOU GUYS!! Very Happy but yessshhhh!!! i did "steal" the lion from the high elves....shhhh Razz

Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607   HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01 2012, 17:33

I don't see any finalised picture, just the one in GAR's post at the start.
Back to top Go down
gunnerboy1607
Kabalite Warrior
gunnerboy1607

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607   HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02 2012, 06:39

you will have to go to the main post with all the other entries Smile

Kabalite Warrior
gunnerboy1607

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607   HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02 2012, 07:50

By the way everyone! thanks for all the compliments Smile but if anyone has some (or a lot) of criticisms and what i could do better, please do speak up Smile i wont bite.....that hard Razz but please do say something Smile

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607   HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HQ Edition comment thread: gunnerboy1607
Page 1 of 1