THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ynnari have leaked - prepare to be salty

Go down 
+6
krayd
Gelmir
Sarcron
Soulless Samurai
Kalmah
Squidmaster
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sekac
Wych
sekac

Ynnari have leaked - prepare to be salty - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari have leaked - prepare to be salty   Ynnari have leaked - prepare to be salty - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07 2022, 20:52

Gelmir wrote:
sekac wrote:

What it says is "You cannot include Drukhari and non-Drukhari Aeldari units in the same Detachment unless all those units have the Ynnari key word."

To me, "those" is referring to the non-Drukhari Aeldari units. I.e. "You cannot include Drukhari and non-Drukhari Aledari units in the same detachment unless all [the non-Drukhari Aeldari] units have the Ynnari keyword."

I read it as "You cannot include Drukhari and non-Drukhari Aledari units in the same detachment unless ALL those[Both the Drukhari AND the non-Drukhari Aeldari] units have the Ynnari keyword."
That said, I'm definitely not sure, and this rule could use some clarification from GW.

That definitely could be the case. My only issue with that interpretation is the word "those" becomes functionally useless. 

If it read "You cannot include both Drukhari and non-Drukhari Aeldari units in the same Detachment unless all units have the Ynnari faction keyword" it would mean exactly the same thing as the way it's written and assumes "those" is a meaningless fluff word. So why include "those"--a pronoun specifically used to describe a smaller group as distinct from the larger group?

Using "those" to mean the subset of non-Drukhari Aledari makes more sense than to use "those" to mean the entire group we're talking about. That's a really weird way to use the word.
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

Ynnari have leaked - prepare to be salty - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari have leaked - prepare to be salty   Ynnari have leaked - prepare to be salty - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08 2022, 01:13

I get your point. I guess the only thing we're sure about is that GW really needs to clarify this because they've made a vague rule AGAIN... (-_-)

sekac likes this post

Back to top Go down

Ynnari have leaked - prepare to be salty
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2