THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend vs The Warband of The Dark Dice Gods

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dez
Kabalite Warrior
Dez

1500 The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend vs The Warband of The Dark Dice Gods Empty
PostSubject: 1500 The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend vs The Warband of The Dark Dice Gods   1500 The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend vs The Warband of The Dark Dice Gods I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29 2011, 15:09

I played another game last night vs CSM, my list was the same. It was the roughest game that DE could ask for, Dawn of War and Killpoints. I also seemed to get all of my 6's out of the way at the beginning of the game Wink

My opponents army was roughly:

Demon Prince
-Wings, Lash, Warptime

CSM with MoGL x3
-Meltas, Flamers, Upgraded champs with PF's, Rhinos

Defilers x2

Obliterators x3

Mine was:

HQ:

The Baron!

Haemonculi

3 Wracks

14 Hellions
-Helliarch with PW

5 Warriors
-Blaster
-Venom
+Splinter Cannon x2

5 Warriors
-Blaster
-Venom
+Splinter Cannon x2

5 Warriors
-Blaster
-Raider

Scourge x5
-Haywire Blaster x2

Scourge x5
-Haywire Blaster x2

Razorwing
-Flickerfield

Razorwing
-Flickerfield

Ravager
-Flickerfield

I made a few mistakes this game, which I suppose comes with the territory on playing a new army. Totally forgot to use Hit & Run with the Hellions which really cost me. On the plus side, they did a great job of tying some units up.

I got first turn, and deployed the Hellions, and the Baron with the Wracks. I moved the Hellions up the center, then had the Baron join the Hellions after leaving the Wracks. My opponent had deployed 1 unit of CSM and his Demon Prince. The rest of my army came on the board and my 2 Venoms and Raider moved up the board as fast as they could (Mistake 2: I think I should have deep struck my Scourges, it took a turn or two to get them in range to do anything). I ended up popping the Rhino and using Monotoxin Missiles to eradicate the full unit. Yup, destroyed the whole unit and certainly made the points back Wink My Hellions opened fire on the DP, doing 1 wound (I should have assaulted the DP after, DUH).

On his turn, his toys came in. A unit of CSM rapid fired on the Hellions, and I took the Melta shot on the Baron...and rolled a 1. Dammit. This is the point at which my dice abandoned me...to a point. The Hellions scoffed at the DP, and wounded him 3 times (I got Reroll to wound on the Drugs). He smooshed a couple Hellions, and they made their leadership. The DP died next turn Smile

I'll summarize here, the next turn my shooting was pretty darn good again and my opponent was worried. He then was visited by the Dice Gods, and just shot my army up into ribbons and made most of his armor and cover saves. I was really happy he won, because he is more of a painter and had beautiful armies that get their asses handed to them Wink My tactics were solid, my dice not so much. I'm really enjoying Dark Eldar, and I'm looking forward to solidifying my army and painting it!

I ended up destroying 1 Defiler, 1 Rhino, 1 Unit of CSM and the DP. I only had a Venom, Hammy and a Wrack left Wink There was a unit of 1 CSM (he wouldn't DIE!!!) and an Immobilized Defiler with 1 weapon and another immobilized Rhino. My dice just failed to do any mopping up Wink
Back to top Go down

1500 The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend vs The Warband of The Dark Dice Gods
Page 1 of 1