THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre

Go down 
+31
Skari
The_Burning_Eye
kenny3760
The Eye of Error
SmallVictory
ColoredBanana
Thor665
teknistmajjan
Kinnay
Crisis_Vyper
Sky Serpent
Sorrowshard
Mike
Vincenzo
dizylizy
SirTainly
Evil Space Elves
Local_Ork
GAR
Hydra
Incubi Death
Saintspirit
Vanq
Gobsmakked
LilLoser
Xelkireth
Radium
Nomic
Torpedo Vegas
killfrenzy
speedfreek
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre   Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2011, 03:37

That Harm is pretty horrific - and I mean that in a good way.

Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre   Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2011, 04:34

Wow, that Haemonculus looks great. Inspiring as always! Somehow the feel of a plague doctor and something awesome.

Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre   Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2011, 06:54

Ah, I was waiting impatiently for this to get posted here, I saw it somewhere else first.

Your best model yet as far as I am concerned, Speedfreek! The sheer amount of character it has is amazing. A great concept that reminds me of L_O's Soul Harvester pic, which I love, and it's put together and posed perfectly.

I have to ask, what are the caped arms made from?

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre   Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2011, 07:27

I believe the arms are from the WHFB Necromancer? But where might the bird mask thing be from?

speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre   Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2011, 08:57

Thank you all.
And its always nice to inspire others as well.

The arms are from the emire wizard kit, the one enchanting his bowling ball.
The bird head is from the standard of Bretonnian Men at Arms.

He needs some stuffing in joints and the cloak and so, but other than that, he is finished.
Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre   Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2011, 22:57

Speedfreak...your Harlequin Haemonculi is friggin sick man! I just saw it for the first time today. LOVE IT!

kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre   Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2011, 12:20

This army is amazing. The details and skill in the conversions and painting are stunning.
I wish I could paint and model half as good as this
Back to top Go down
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre   Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12 2012, 22:14

Crazy birdman in da house!

Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre - Page 6 8b7cb34f

Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre - Page 6 2978f933

As with every other model in this army, I have no idea how to paint it and just sort of tag along with any feeling I get when holding the brush...
Back to top Go down
SmallVictory
Hellion
SmallVictory

PostSubject: Re: Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre   Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13 2012, 18:53

Fantastic, kitbashing at it's best. I dig the alternating colors on the cloak, great idea.
Back to top Go down
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre   Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2012, 17:26

Not yet finished, but posing on a picture with some arty filter effect.

Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre - Page 6 99305a94
Back to top Go down
Hydra
Kabalite Warrior
Hydra

PostSubject: Re: Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre   Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2012, 09:11

One word: Awesome!

Hive Fleet Hydra

Kabal of the Poisoned Fang
Back to top Go down
http://h-archive.blogspot.de/
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre   Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2012, 20:55

That would make a great shot with some sepia or B&W filter effects too.

This fig really is 'macabre', it has a tremendous presence surrounding it.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre   Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21 2012, 00:46

this thing really came together well. Well done!

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre   Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21 2012, 08:35

And done!

Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre - Page 6 6c16fc76
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre   Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21 2012, 17:32

Perfect Haemonculus for your army theme. Well done! Twisted Evil

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre   Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2012, 03:22

Beautiful job, easily the most striking conversion I have seen anywhere for a long time.

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre   Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30 2012, 11:11

I'm not usually one for the coven elements of the DE list, but man that's a beautifully converted and painted model!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre   Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04 2012, 22:42

Lovely.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Twin-Souls94
Slave
Twin-Souls94

PostSubject: Re: Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre   Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06 2012, 21:03

the vehicles are superb dude Very Happy keep up the terrific work!! 8pts out of ten!
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre   Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06 2012, 22:07

First of all, this is on of the most awesomely awesome armies of awesome that I have ever seen. So awesome that it seems to have limited my adectives.

The first thing I noticed was the colour scheme on your venoms. The colour throughout the army is magnificent. It is intriguing as it is a stark contrast of other DEldar. Most Deldar use colours that are dull, yet they stand out from one another. The appearance of the bright pastel colours that almost fade into each other is a nice change.
I really liked the conversions for your Venoms. They look much more like chariots than the Venom models.

Then I looked through your Wyches, with brighter colours still. They certainly, dare I say, reminisent of a Slaaneshi Parade, so you have cetainly captuered the thought of the 'Carnivale'.

Your scourges made me chuckle slightly at their madness.

The Hellions are genius. Their elongated noses conjur up the thought of medieval doctors, which, through many hours of playing Assassin's Creed, I associate with the Carnivale.

The Ravager is beautiful and the Death Jester has a comic sense of horror about it.
What took me away from laughing in approval was the serious face of your Archon, sporting the awesome jester's hat, and how disfigured the Incubi are with their legs. They are wondeful models

Your trueborn are sweet. Nice bright colours throughout the force make them somewhat menacing, especially on your gharishly cool Baron. I love his Skyboard by the way.

Your Haemonculous... affraid oh my, he's an odd one. Grotesque and eccentric, just how Haemonculi should be.

You made the awesome-metre go up to eleven on this project.
Congratulations. Very Happy

Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre - Page 6 YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Mr_Pink
Kabalite Warrior
Mr_Pink

PostSubject: Re: Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre   Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat May 26 2012, 04:03

I'm late to the party, but this project is absolutely exceptional, so I thought I needed to add my flowers to the teetering pile at your feet.

Brilliant. Work.
Utterly.

The Incubi are my favourite, but your chosen aerial support is following closely behind them.

Though it seems like you could stop now and declare this a Job Well Done, I am secretly hoping that you wind up progressing through the DE list and Harlequinizing the rest of the entries >Very Happy

Though I haven't trolled through all the posts on this thread to check that someone else hasn't already linked to it, I thought I'd point you at Agis' Dark Harlequin force in case you can draw any inspiration (sorry they're so old!):

http://www.agisn.de/html/dark_harlequins.html

Back to top Go down
http://modernsynthesist.blogspot.ca/
BerryStyle
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre   Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16 2012, 20:54

I'm a little over a year late on this, but I've actually had a similar idea for my DE army as the one you just presented. (Unfortunately I've only been in the WH40k-universe for roughly 3 months) so I'm afraid all my clowns and jesters would look awfully messy.

I love the sinister circus theme, and I can't help but think of The Joker (him and Harlequins are what gave me the idea of a clown/jester-based army in the first place).

Don't know what else to say really, but I truly love your work.

Cheerios.

This thread, no matter how fond of it I may be, has not been active for over half a year. Please refrain from posting on topics that have not been active for over a month. Thank you - Cavash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre   Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speedfreeks's Harlequinade Macabre
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6