THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000pt Pure DE

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

2000pt Pure DE Empty
PostSubject: 2000pt Pure DE   2000pt Pure DE I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13 2012, 08:11

I have a tournament I'm going to on Saturday, and wanted anyone interested to critique my list and let me know if anything in the army comp looks strange or bad. Any help appreciated!

[TOTAL: 1998]

[HQ: 130]

1x [Archon, Power Axe, Venom Blade, Shadow Field, Phantasm Grenade Launcher]

[ELITES: 563]

1x [5 Incubi+Klaivex, Demiklaives in Raider 1 Dark Lance]

2x [4 Kabalite Trueborn, 4 Blaster in Raider, 1 Dark Lance]

[TROOPS: 870]

2x [10 Warriors, 1 Blaster, 1 Splinter Cannon in Raider, 1 Dark Lance, Splinter Racks]

2x [5 Warriors, 1 Blaster in Venom, 2 Splinter Cannon]

2x [5 Wyches, Haywire Grenades in Venom, 2 Splinter Cannon]

[HEAVY SUPPORT: 435]

2x [Razorwing Jetfighter, 2 Disintegrators, 4 Monoscythe Missiles]

1x [Voidraven Bomber]

I was waffling on my Archon's weapon, but ultimately the Agonizer is really bad at harming 2+ people, so I've loaded up the unit with AP 2 and ran with it (I even cut Flickerfields from my fliers to afford the Klaivex...hope he's worth it!) The Venom Blade is for those times when the Archon is in a pinch. I'm hoping the WYSIWYG will be lax on Saturday, though I'll have to model power weapons properly by NOVA. I'm thinking...an old halberd-style Punisher will do nicely for the Axe.

After the big squad, there are 2 of most every animal, though the breakdown is sort of 5 anti-tank i the Trueborn, Wyches, and Voidraven and 4 anti-infantry in the Warrior gunboats and Razorwings. The small Warrior squads stay alive, fire at 18"-24", and cap points.

Thoughts?

Klaivex
Massaen

2000pt Pure DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pure DE   2000pt Pure DE I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13 2012, 11:34

Is the event a true 2k with 2 FOC?

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

2000pt Pure DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pure DE   2000pt Pure DE I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13 2012, 16:28

No, it is not. I believe the current wording is something like "You use a 1999 point army, and may go 1 point over, but otherwise use 1 FOC, 1 Fortification, and 1 Ally FOC". The reasoning was to allow 2000 point armies to be played that were assembled before 6th Edition came out, stick to the rulebook's guidelines, and still disallow 2 FOCs.

Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

2000pt Pure DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pure DE   2000pt Pure DE I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17 2012, 23:30

Warning: Long Post

The first tournament with this list was sort of a bust. I went 1-2 as follows.

Game 1: Chaos Daemons+Traitor Guard
His army consisted of two units of Bloodletters, 2 Platoons, a Leman Russ, a Melta Vet Chimera, a Vendetta....and FIVE Flying Daemons! The Guard folded without offering much resistance after I Seized, but the Daemons only seemed to die to Deep Strike mishaps and lucky wing hits that caused them to be groundborne for a turn. My Archon got turned into a Spawn, so it was a tradeoff of Slay the Warlord. The game ended when time was called on Turn 3 (after 3 hours) and my opponent conceded, admitting that he could shenanigan the table quarters, but that he thought I had a better chance in the tournament ahead, so he declined to grasp tehcnical victory from the jaws of bad luck. I accepted, and shortly therefter we split a pizza. Not very relevant to strategy, but I felt it added to the narrative.

Game 2: Grey Knights
6 Razorbacks, 3 Paladin squads, Coteaz, extra Inquisitor for more Divination. Yeah...yeah. He got first turn, and mis-measuring on my part led to my Trueborn getting shot up, so I had approximately 0 good ways of dealing with his tanks in a timely fashion. I cursed my Warriors and Razorwings, and secretly envied my opponent's effortless ability to fill his army with guns that didn't have to choose between anti-infantry and anti-tank. At least his army was well painted, and chatting revealed he had played since Daemonhunters, so he was a respectable gentleman playing a list that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. He said that Night Shields were good against him, though I don't believe it when his Razorbacks have a 42" threat bubble.

Game 3: Imperial Guard
He was packing a fair amount of mythical beasts: 2 Medusas, 2 Chimeras, and a Manticore. 2 Russes, 1 Vendetta, 2 Sentinels, Melta, etc. etc. Modified Hammer and Anvil Deployment, so I had to cross infinite distance to reach him, going second. I rolled Night Fighting for my Warlord trait and set up 42" from his forward tanks, Turbo-Boosted my Turn 1, then proceeded to make an unholy amount of cover saves. "You should follow me around NOVA and roll my dice for me", in his words. Sadly, damage was done, and many vehicles were shaken so their occupants couldn't use their Blasters. My Archon made it to his backline building and carved up, which made the Kill Points much closer in the end- 14-10 him (you have to win by 3 or more to win that objective). A memorable moment involved a Stunned Razorwing being forced to crash into a Leman Russ, and I managed to get the attending TO to join me in a couple of bars of "Space Oddity". If you don't know it, look it up!

A record of 1-2, or more accurately 0-3 is not a strong result for my generalship or my army choice. Clearly, I had too much AI for the magnitude of tank spam that I faced. I was disappointed in my Razorwings, and am starting to take a shine to the Voidraven. In particular, it can kill Paladins! Wyches also performed well, but I need more girls to ensure a nice swarm on the parking lots. They will probably be more efficient at dealing with Devastator equivalent than a Razorwing who can only shoot 2 blasts a turn. The Warriors and Trueborn got hit hard by the vehicle explosion increase, but buying the Venom or Raider is still want I want for mobility. The Wyches really want the Pain Token...and there's a guy who specializes in rigging your drug rolls.

[TOTAL: 1961]

[HQ: 150]
Duke Sliscus

[ELITES: 534]
3x [4 Kabalite Trueborn, 4 Blaster in Raider, 1 Dark Lance, Night Shields]

[TROOPS: 656]
1x [9 Warriors, 1 Blaster in Raider, 1 Dark Lance]
4x [5 Wyches, Haywire Grenades in Venom, 2 Splinter Cannon]

[FAST ATTACK: 156]
2x [3 Reavers, 1 Heat Lance]

[HEAVY SUPPORT: 465]
3x [Voidraven Bomber, Flickerfield]

This is what I'm working on. I have no more Wyches or Reavers, unfortunately. 39 points gets me upgrades, but I don't know where. Any ideas?

2000pt Pure DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pure DE   2000pt Pure DE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000pt Pure DE
Page 1 of 1