THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Various tactics DE can use

Go down 
+2
Enfernux
Cobra7fac
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Cobra7fac
Slave

Various tactics DE can use Empty
PostSubject: Various tactics DE can use   Various tactics DE can use I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17 2012, 06:29

I didn't see a post like this here and thought I would see what other people think. What I am looking for is what people are currently going for in the meta phase of the game (i.e. list building).

For example, my current list I'm trying out will be shooting with fast attack units ready to spring out when the opponent gets close. Pretty much a blob squad of warriors in a aegis defense line, pathfinders and Heavy Support with fast attack units like beastmasters, hellions (double as shooting) and reavers ready to spring forward. My plan if I go against a shooty army is to use the fast attack to tie up until my entire army is on my opponents board edge, warriors and all. A unit of wyches and scourges tossed in for good measure.

Thoughts of my strategy? Have a strategy that your working on? Not lookig for entire lists, just the basic jist.
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Various tactics DE can use   Various tactics DE can use I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17 2012, 06:49

our gun lines arent as effective as other races' are.
our bigest adv. is mobility, though a bit changed since 5th ed, i do believe we are the fastest in the game, and shouldnt throw that away for a silly aegis.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Cobra7fac
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Various tactics DE can use   Various tactics DE can use I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17 2012, 07:19

Everything you say is correct, and I'll admit my strategy may not work.

About the aegis, I didn't build a list around it, it simply fit into the strategy I want to try. It's a sure way to give a warrior blob squad 4+ cover, can be placed around an objective, and with the Duke manning the quad, thats 4 BS6 S7 AA TL shots that go precision on 6's. If for some reason my Hellions are of little use that game Baron can join em to make them a 3+ cover.

I would like to point out that I have not abandoned our speed, I simply moved it to a defensive stance. BTW my list is on the list forum.

If I may ask what strategy are you trying and what units are you using to accomplish it?
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Various tactics DE can use   Various tactics DE can use I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17 2012, 07:29

after ive gotten over my doom and gloom of how assault has changed, i use the same lists as before: archon, incu, wyches, warrior venom combo, added gunboats, added in cannonborn/cannourges, shifted from mainly vrb to rwjf.
added in allies - farseer, gjb, ww squadron or FW flyer.

i run down my opponent mainly, gunning him from air, cracking vehicles and/or assaulting on ground, supported by gunboats.

Tacs: flank denial, reposition, hide, strike, mop up, annihilate with a speed that by turn2, 3/4 of my assault unites are in cc, the rest lost their transport and is footsluging toward the enemy.
Notes: stay away from termies! OR tie'em up with - i almost wrote wyth XD - wyches Smile If you can keep'em tied for 1-2 turns, that means hes not doing much a damage - about 250 vs 150, and are taken out of comision for a few rounds? Anyday!

Just get over the fac that you lose them. Thats their role.

Warlord: usually my archon with the strategy tree.

Back to top Go down
Fruz
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Various tactics DE can use   Various tactics DE can use I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17 2012, 09:58

I really find that Aegis does not fit at all with DE playstyle, it's a static objet, beside we are pirates, we always move, our only fortress is the dark city lol.
The few games I have been playing had all the same kind of scheme :
getting most of my army on one side of the table, using covers as much as possible, and focus unit after unit with shooting while still trying to use covers.
On the other side of the map, I had my HQ + Incubbi in a venom who were handling what they could, rushing tank in CC ( blater + HWG on Archon + S4/5 + furious charge if there ) or destroying almost everything else than tank anyway.
As they could always back with the venom if not destroyed, it meant tht my opponent had to either to :
- concentrate some of his forces on my HQ and then I would destroy everything with my shooting on the other side.
- leave almost nothing on the side of my CC unit and then they could freely crush whatever they found, the main problem being dreadnoughts there ><, but that's why we have DLs don't we ?

This strategy has been workign quite well until now, even though I don't have many many games yet.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Various tactics DE can use   Various tactics DE can use I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17 2012, 16:55

The ageis sint a bad choice, and is good if you need that AA or need a +1 to reserves, but atleast for DE you literally have to build a list around it (take your warriors + duke, that is building the list around the defense line) but its up to you. Other than that your plan is sound in theory, but get some games in and truely see if its something you can pull off consistantly

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: Various tactics DE can use   Various tactics DE can use I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17 2012, 18:54

@Enfernux I'm surprised that you're switching away from the Voidraven, when in the last edition you were quite keen on championing it! I myself am switching to the Voidraven, as with its new durability and the increasing importance of AP 2, I think it has come into its niche. This comes at the cost of the poor Razorwing losing its niche- the ability to quad-missile a squad off the board in one turn. I would stil prefer it over a Dissie Ravager, though.

As usual it's all about balancing an individual . A note on the Aegis- at a tourney I went to last Saturday, some of the TO's+competitve players who know all the TO's were having serious discussions about the brokenness of a "3-sided Aegis defense line", AKA make it into a box so you can't get flank shotted. Just some food for thought!

Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Various tactics DE can use   Various tactics DE can use I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17 2012, 19:11

@Cap'n: yes, consider av 11 not open topped and s9 to handle vehicles. Now: HWG to handle vehicles, so i can divert to what i like: AI.
Now that it is harder to take out a rwjf than a ravager, even 3 dissies compared to 2, its still better i think - minus 9 shots vs 1/6 chance to even hit it, a 5up to save it and tons of missiles, are you kiddin mie?! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Various tactics DE can use   Various tactics DE can use I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17 2012, 19:19

Shadows Revenge wrote:
and is good if you ... need a +1 to reserves

I was considering it for this, but then I realised I could field an Eldar Autarch for a similar price (for the +1), and get some guardian jetbikes for last turn objective captures.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Various tactics DE can use   Various tactics DE can use I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Various tactics DE can use
Page 1 of 1