THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Help with competitive Dark Eldar 6th edition 1500 points list.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
At'nak
Slave
At'nak

Help with competitive Dark Eldar 6th edition 1500 points list. Empty
PostSubject: Help with competitive Dark Eldar 6th edition 1500 points list.   Help with competitive Dark Eldar 6th edition 1500 points list. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04 2012, 13:23

Greetings.

With the release of the 6th Edition I would like to give my Dark eldar another go.
I know people keep saying that Necrons are great now but honestly I was bored with my
Necrons even before the new edition because I didn't have to make an effort to win really.
But since I know that Dark eldar are less forgiving and have great miniatures I would like to
field them as my 6th edition army. And I would appretiate all the help, hints and tips I could get
from you DE gurus out there. Last edition mech was my way to go, but now its competitive
6th edition list I want. Mainly face Orks and Space wolves with a occational Tyranid fight now
and then.

Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Help with competitive Dark Eldar 6th edition 1500 points list.   Help with competitive Dark Eldar 6th edition 1500 points list. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05 2012, 11:19

well...wyches to preassault, incubi and archon to wreck face, wyches to glance vehicles to death, reavers to bladevane, gunboats for a load of poison shots, haems to give fnp to wyches and incubi, grots to soalk up damage, razorwings with disintegrators for AI, voidraven for AA, baron and beasts for a good wound-alocating and danger blob for your opponent to shoot at, stuff like this and that Very Happy

you got to decide what theme do you want to build your army though, for if you want to play coven lists, then im not your man.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
At'nak
Slave
At'nak

PostSubject: Re: Help with competitive Dark Eldar 6th edition 1500 points list.   Help with competitive Dark Eldar 6th edition 1500 points list. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05 2012, 11:56

Well, my 5th edition list looked something like this (from the top of my head).

Archon: Agoniser, Shadowfield, Phantasm grenade launcher, Cobat drugs.
5 Incubi: Raider (Flickerfield).

3 Trueborn: 3 Blasters, Venom (Night shields, Splinter cannon).

5 Warriors: 1 Blaster, Venom (Night shields, Splinter cannon).
10 Warriors: Splinter cannon, Raider, (Flickerfield).
10 Wyches: Hekatrix with Agoniser, Shardnet and Impaler, Hydragauntlet, Haywire grenades, Raider (Flickerfield, Enhanced Aether sails).

6 Reaver Jetbikes: 2 Heatlances.

Ravager: 3 Dark lances (Flickerfield).
Razorwing: Twin-linked splinter rifles, 2 Dark lances, 4 Monoscythe missiles (Flickerfield, Night shields).

Edit: I have been thinking that I should play a similar list.
Maybe drop the Reavers for another Ravager. What do you
guys think about that?

Please dont double post. If you need to add something, just use the Edit button -Your Friendly Neighborhood Mod SR-

Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Help with competitive Dark Eldar 6th edition 1500 points list.   Help with competitive Dark Eldar 6th edition 1500 points list. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06 2012, 19:37

well...do you want to be shooty or assault based? Depending on that, ill give a basic list that can be tailored Smile

Back to top Go down
Ghosttrain23
Hellion
Ghosttrain23

PostSubject: Re: Help with competitive Dark Eldar 6th edition 1500 points list.   Help with competitive Dark Eldar 6th edition 1500 points list. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07 2012, 01:12

I would leave the reavers, they are amazing now! as long as you run over people a lot.
Give you warriors a Dark lance instead of Splinter cannon if you want a little more heavy suppor and give Splinter racks to the raider. works great.
I would give the raider with the incubi and archon nightshields instead of flickerfield. You will most likely be moving and still getting your 5+ jink save.
Also I dont see much need for Enchanted sails any more. use those points rather for night shields.
And if you fighting orks (or nids), i would drop the heat lances on reaver bikes and give cluster pods instead, to created some intense pain among the boyz.
But looks like a good list to me, just minor stuff to trim down.

Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Help with competitive Dark Eldar 6th edition 1500 points list.   Help with competitive Dark Eldar 6th edition 1500 points list. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07 2012, 08:03

@Ghost: and if you give the raider warriors dark lance, and move 0.000001" to get that 5up junk save, you will be shooting 1 bs1 shot. No ma'am, that just wont cut it. If you want more heavy support, look at the heavy support forc org chart Smile
2) why in the world would you give nightshield to a transport, that will usually be in 16-18" of an enemy squad? The only thing that wont hit them are CWE guardians.
3)EAS: you deploy table quarters and need to get to the enemy shooty in the back of his forces, and a 30" move wont cut it, because you had to deploy in cover? Works. Disembark your squad but want to give them cover and grab an objective but you have a 5up as? 5up cover is better than nothing and next turn you can start moving with the relic back for ex. And if the raider is put to the ground, it blocks TLOS completely. You need to move over your disembarked troop to do this? EAS.

all these are situational though, i only use EAS on my shock troops for ex. Smile

reavers yes, either run'em over enemy squads with turbo, or just leave them home.

Back to top Go down
At'nak
Slave
At'nak

PostSubject: Re: Help with competitive Dark Eldar 6th edition 1500 points list.   Help with competitive Dark Eldar 6th edition 1500 points list. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07 2012, 10:37

Yeah I was thinking about the Dark lance on warriors, that is an AT weapon and the splinter rifles are for infantry.
Doesn't seem as a good combo since they have to fire at the same target? I like my list, I just want to improve it even if it means that I have to replace something.

Hellion
Ghosttrain23

PostSubject: Re: Help with competitive Dark Eldar 6th edition 1500 points list.   Help with competitive Dark Eldar 6th edition 1500 points list. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07 2012, 16:53

The dark lance on warriors has worked great for me so far. I run 3 raiders, with 8 warriors each, one DL in each raider, and is just a matter of tactics from them on. Placing objectives close, having raider nearby, far from enemy, and having it shoot two dark lances per turn. Turns out pretty good. Also not many people expect two DL shots from a raider. They rather focus their fire to take down the ravager. and Night shields protect the raider if you keep it far.
In my experience and how i use it, it works. As for shooting at the same unit, take the DL as a mostly certain wound. I havent played wolves yet, but I guess most of their characters are T-4 like marines are, meaning instant death if wounded by a Dark Lance. So a rain of poison shots and DL at an expensive unit=dead marines.

Now, if your playing Relic mission, night shields are not a smart choice since you have to get in close to the action.

Just give what ever you think a try, and you will see how you like it. Hope the tips helped. Good luck in your games.

Setomidor
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Help with competitive Dark Eldar 6th edition 1500 points list.   Help with competitive Dark Eldar 6th edition 1500 points list. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07 2012, 17:53

I can see why they wouldn't expect that, Ghost; you have to bring 10 Warriors for them to take a DL Wink
Back to top Go down
Ghosttrain23
Hellion
Ghosttrain23

PostSubject: Re: Help with competitive Dark Eldar 6th edition 1500 points list.   Help with competitive Dark Eldar 6th edition 1500 points list. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07 2012, 19:59

Hahaha true, Laughing sorry it was a mistype. Is that my 5th ed lists used to be 8 wyches on raiders. So i just automatically type 8 when referring to troops on raiders.

At'nak
Slave
At'nak

PostSubject: Re: Help with competitive Dark Eldar 6th edition 1500 points list.   Help with competitive Dark Eldar 6th edition 1500 points list. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08 2012, 10:39

Well I rarely mix the purpose of my units. I'll rather have them doing one thing good instead
of two things half bad. I use my Warriors against infantry.

Edit: Sorry for the double post but when I edited the thread wasn't bumped to the top.
We have increased the points for the games to 1750 pts.

Its Alright, just message me next time after you post so I can edit it -Your Friendly Neighborhood Mod SR-

PostSubject: Re: Help with competitive Dark Eldar 6th edition 1500 points list.   Help with competitive Dark Eldar 6th edition 1500 points list. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with competitive Dark Eldar 6th edition 1500 points list.
Page 1 of 1