THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Anecdotes

Go down 
+45
Vasara
Count Adhemar
Panic_Puppet
Barrywise
thesaltedwound
aurynn
Martinman
joe twocrows
Sulphunet
Mushkilla
Vandral Chorax
Laughingcarp
clively
Tyrant Lord 73
wittykid
tmonster
Shrike423
baster
Hijallo
dolcet40
Grub
Larndorn
Jehoel
Royal lynx
NiteOwl
Eldur
eldargal
Preacher
Rocko Flamefart
asdrubal vect
GrenAcid
Gobsmakked
Nomic
Hydra
abjectus
Darklight
stinger989
Todo13
Zee Alice
Radium
Urien Rakarth
Crazy_Irish
Saintspirit
Torpedo Vegas
Sky Serpent
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Larndorn
Hellion

Dark Anecdotes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Anecdotes   Dark Anecdotes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10 2012, 23:04

Most Fun Ive had was Old codex vs old nid codex, My Talos (didnt have more than one Ravager at that point) was 4-0 against Hive Tyrants(okay one of those was the new 'nid dex with Lash Whip Tyrant) but my Biker Archon with punisher(klaive equivalent for those newer to DE) tormentor helm, shadow field and drugs(the fun kind where you could choose 2-3 options)and maybe an animus vitae, lost his shadowfield to something minor along with his one of his other wounds and then proceeded to sweeping advance 2 squads of guants who came back with without number swept them both again and when his guants came back for a third time my friend said !@#$ it and shot the Archon with his warriors
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Dark Anecdotes   Dark Anecdotes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15 2012, 00:17

A bit of an opposite post but I had a game a few months back where my archon charged into a 6 man Imperial guard team after taking out a 5 man lightning claw terminator team (He only had the one wound remaining). Managed to kill 5 of the imperial guardsmen. The last guardsman spun around whereby my archon promptly headbutted his bayonet and died. Thats how you lose a warlord and any prestige!

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
dolcet40
Slave
dolcet40

PostSubject: Re: Dark Anecdotes   Dark Anecdotes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15 2012, 00:45

at my local game shop we do a league for three weeks you use the same list then you are allowed to change your list. i am having a lot fun with it. i accedentially turned in the wrong list. one that is very heavy anti infantry (i run Dark eldar ) with only the imperial bastion's quad gun ( there are a lot of flyers in our local meta) & a talos pain engin able to take out vehicles. this is in a 1000 point set with everyone (including me) running many vehicles. i was using army builder tryng out different things & when coming up with my final draft i changed some things & forgot to change others. so i ended up with no real way to deal with them so i am avoiding them & concentrating on what i can do which is wiping out there infantry. & i am discovering that this is a viable tactic & i am holding my own or winning in some surprising cases.

i beat a local necron player who uses 2 barges with shields for armor 13 or 14 that are full of troops for lots of shots. & i took out an armor 14 land raider (i think. all i remeber is it was a huge tank) that an away from all game till i could get get my pain engine into assault with it.

All in all this has been a learning experence for me. but then every game is like that this is my first league & i have only been playing for about 4 months.

lol!

Adam Savage
Back to top Go down
Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

PostSubject: Re: Dark Anecdotes   Dark Anecdotes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26 2012, 15:45

Apocalypse game 2 weeks ago... 10,000 points of orks (giant squiggoth, big stompa, megadread, lots of kan wall in front, nobz and boyz and lots of things behind including 5,000 points of vanilla marines.

On MY side... 13,000 points of Blood Angels, Demons (well they weren't on our SIDE they just appeared ;P) and a Baneblade, plus my own DE: 3000 points (basically all my stuff including Urien and Lelith).

We took first turn. My 13,000-points-full-of-stuff-and-a-baneblade-friend was afraid of the Supah-Kan-Wall and the squiggoth full of meganobz and ghazhkull. To make it worse the ork player threw a Smoke Bombardment Line just in front of our deployment zone....

Then I said: I'm in charge. (Glasses on, CSI:Miami Style!! just joking XD)

My 3 units of wyches disembarked from their raiders and charged all the kanz (except for megadread and stompa in 2nd line). On the other side of battle, Mephiston and my 2 5xwracks units charged the squiggoth....

Wait for it...

Bam! All kanz dead in 1 turn, 5 of 9 killa kanz exploded (LOL 5 pens at 6+ and 5 explodes at 6+ too from HW grenades...), so my wyches were pretty dead before the combat ended.

Oh except for one wych that remained stuck in combat with one dread until they exploded in turn 3 from a bomb.

And Bam! After being wounded 6 times by Mephiston (he rerolled thanks to Skarbrand being close), wracks did the last 2 wounds and the giant squiggoth went down before guessing where he was!

And for major greatness on the next turn (yeah you guessed right, my wyches and wracks were killed with no mercy) , my Archon with Urien and Incubi killed Ghazz and co. and on turn 3 (after the last Incubi was shot down), my S6 Archon and Urien (who was taking care of 1 wound) charged 2 nob squads with 2 bosses already engaged, killing all of them in our and our opponents turns. My Archon sucked 3 ork HQs with his trap that day. Legendary!!

Quick! To the Trophies' Room!!! I guess we have place for this Squiggoth head!!!

Eldur project log for Dark Eldar and Eldar
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Dark Anecdotes   Dark Anecdotes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26 2012, 16:32

nice, very nice when so little does so much!
I remeber a game I had with my friends spacemarines and IG in 5th. I had a pretty terrible game and had 2 wyches and 5 warriors left on one side of the board but managed to hold 1 objective, my opponant held 1 and the last one was empty. It was the second but last turn and he trundled his landraider with 7 terminaters towards my 5 warriors and shot them up with the assault cannons killing 2, they didn't run however but were unlikly to survive the next turns termies and it would be a victory for my friend. But out of the jaws of defeat sprang two haywire wyches who charged the landraider and somehow managed to blow the thing up- killing 4 of the termies inside (unlucky for him) and then both passed there FnP (oh how we loved the 4+). Next turn he charged his remaining 3 termies towards the warriors but because the front 2 had died he couldn't make the assault- a couple of inches out! The warriors rapid fired and killed 2 and the final wych killed the last man. So it would have been a draw... however I had a single raider with a Dissie that we had forgotten about. It fired on the Small IG squad on his objective- they failed there moral and ran leaving it a 1-0 victory for Dark Eldar- 5 men and a busted raider left beat about 20 remaining marines and an array of IG tanks. He was livid. As expected!

Back to top Go down
Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

PostSubject: Re: Dark Anecdotes   Dark Anecdotes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26 2012, 16:56

Whoahaha! Monkey scum can't stand the uber race in space! Even when suited in steel barrels!!

Those epic moments are priceless!!!

Eldur project log for Dark Eldar and Eldar
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Dark Anecdotes   Dark Anecdotes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26 2012, 17:57

That's what makes the game fun- I have found a little book I used to keep which detailed these sort of moments, brings me happyness every time!

Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Dark Anecdotes   Dark Anecdotes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31 2012, 07:59

Warrior killed 3 Genesteelers in CC yesterday! He is now known as Bob the third.

Hijallo
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Dark Anecdotes   Dark Anecdotes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14 2012, 19:20

There was a bloody struggle between Kabal of the Crippled Truth and Word Bearers' warband allied with some Deathguards.

I made some very unlucky rolls and lost all my Incubi squad in battle against Possesed and Khorne Berzerkers. Only Archon left.

In first turn he killed Possesed champion, then Skull champion. Clouds were gathering, because he should face The Betrayer next phase.

5 attacks, 4 "1"'s. 0_o.
Rolling to wound. "6".
Invulnerable save. "1". With angry scream great Khorne champion died before he could raise an axe. Seeing that, Chaosits fled from the battle and reached table's edge, while acrhon was busy finishing possesed.

Then i recalled this Archon have rolled "Legendary Fighter" Warlord Trait.
Back to top Go down
baster
Kabalite Warrior
baster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Anecdotes   Dark Anecdotes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16 2012, 14:42

not dark eldar but it was great to watch lol.....

5 fenrisian wolves bounded into combat on their first turn against a unit of 5 plague marines held them in combat for 2 whole game turns killing all but 1, plague marine needed help from a nearby possessed squad to kill the lone puppy
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Dark Anecdotes   Dark Anecdotes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17 2012, 17:38

Had a game today against my friends Imperial guard, nothing special happened except when his last Vostoryian Sergent somehow manged to hold his objective against 10 warriors- passed all of his cover saves, killed one guy back, the 9 warriors charged him, lost 2 to overwatch, then he managed to kill another 2 in closecombat, the remaining 5 didn't cause any damage back, failed there leadership and were cut down- why you should never use warriors in close combat (even to charge the last guy on an objective on the last turn :/ )

Back to top Go down
Shrike423
Hellion
Shrike423

PostSubject: Re: Dark Anecdotes   Dark Anecdotes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26 2012, 19:18

Was in a game on Saturday against an Eleysian drop troop army.
Turn two opened up with a squadron of vultures firing at my lone Haemonculus in a ruin (he deployed a WWP last turn).
The resultant sixty twin linked punisher cannon shots only managed to put a single wound on him!
(He went to ground for a 2+ and got Feel no Pain on top of that)
He did die next turn to a subsequent barrage but only by failing one save! affraid

Over three hundred points of flyers wasting 120 strength five shots to kill a 105pt HQ
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Dark Anecdotes   Dark Anecdotes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26 2012, 22:02

How's this for a dark anecdote: Stepped on two of my newly painted venoms today crushing both to an unrepairable state. Not even Flickerfields could save them Sad

Back to top Go down
baster
Kabalite Warrior
baster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Anecdotes   Dark Anecdotes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29 2012, 14:52

had a unit of 3 splinter born took out 5 plague bikes in the first turn, this through my opponent completly
Back to top Go down
tmonster
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Anecdotes   Dark Anecdotes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05 2012, 08:28

i was playing against space marines last year. I had a unit of 3 trueborn, two dark lances and 1 with a cc and pistol. First the 2 dark lances pop his predator. Then those two got shot. only the one with cc left. His 5 assault marines charge the sole trueborn. he took out all 5 assault marines solo.
edit : actually she took out 5 assault marines solo
Back to top Go down
wittykid
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Anecdotes   Dark Anecdotes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14 2012, 04:47

Had a game against space marines a while ago where my archon lost his shadowfield to a blowing up raider so when challenged by darnath in a squad of cc termies I left him out of it and had my hekatrix take his place. She ended up killing darnath while the archon and couple of wyches left after the raider explosion cleaned up the termies through some lucky rolling. Needless to say my one friend has an extreme prejudice against wyches now.

Hellion
Shrike423

PostSubject: Re: Dark Anecdotes   Dark Anecdotes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21 2013, 03:21

Archon and 4 incubi got charged by cannis wolfborn and ten fenrisian wolves. Incubi wiped the shop with the wolves. The archon challenged cannis only to have his shadowfield short out to a strength 5 hammer of wrath hit! affraid
Seven lightning claw attacks later and I assure you that archon was not there anymore. Sad
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Dark Anecdotes   Dark Anecdotes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2013, 06:05

Played my last game before new turnement yesterday. Against GK, and he was whiped of the table Turn 4.

Tyrant Lord 73
Hellion
Tyrant Lord 73

PostSubject: Re: Dark Anecdotes   Dark Anecdotes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2013, 23:51

I had a game against some Orks tonight and just barely won. It was a brutal game and it would have ended in defeat if not for my Archon. Him and his 9 strong Wych squad decided it would be fun to charge 6 Nob bikers and a warboss on turn 2. After slaying the warboss with his Huskblade and trapping his soul, he then proceeded to chop his way, almost single handedly, through the rest of the squad over the next few turns. Unfortunately his Wych bodyguard did not survive. After this he went on to finish off a squad of boys and a squad of grots on an objective. He and a single Incubus ended the game with 8 pain tokens from various sources. He also survived a hell of a lot of shooting and ended up getting me the line breaker objective. Man I love my Archon!

See the Scything Tempest in action
Back to top Go down
clively
Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: Dark Anecdotes   Dark Anecdotes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17 2013, 03:46

1500 pt game against Tyranids tonight.

Turn 2 spore lands next to a raider w/10 plain warriors. 2 Zoanthropes pop out. They fire their lance weapon( Strength 10) both hit / pen. Flicker saves on 1, while he rolls 1 on the damage table after mods = weapon destroyed.

Warriors ignored them and killed a group of genestealers. Zoanthropes fire again in round three. Exact same outcome, so its now immobilized. Warriors ignore them again, stay inside and kill enough rippers to cause them to run away.

This was right on top of an objective.

Round 4:zoanthropes completely miss. Warriors still ignore them and take out the spore.

Round5. zoanthropes shoot again, both hit but are saved by flicker. Zoa's decide to try and assault the immobilized raider..... and miss. Now the warriors decide its time to take them out. They hop out to secure the objective and the Zoa's die to poison.

Awesome game

Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: Dark Anecdotes   Dark Anecdotes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24 2013, 14:59

Played 2 games last night with my cronos.  They were 1500 pts.  The first against tzeentch marines, the second against nurgle marines.

The first game was relic and my opponent got to it first.  The cronos managed to get close and in one round of shooting absorbed 45 Bolter shots and several psychic power hits.  Essentially his entire army shot at this one model causing 2 wounds.  The cronos itself only killed a couple of his models the entire game but certainly earned MVP for distracting my opponent away from the rest of my army.  This enabled me to wipe the two marine groups protecting the relic and ultimately win.

The second game was scouring.  The cronos failed to kill any models.  However it again was a great distraction unit that took a lot of hits before falling.  It shrugged off 2 vector strikes and 2 hades auto cannons from a helldrake , a quad gun and 2 rounds of a defiler shooting at it before dying to an IG unit.  

Although I had to drop a Ravager in order to take it, I'd say its survivability was key to both victories.

One memorable moment in the second game, my opponent shot a blast weapon that scattered into the back of a rhino. The rhino exploded taking out 2 plague marines and failed to take out any of my guys that were slightly closer.

Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: Dark Anecdotes   Dark Anecdotes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17 2013, 21:06

A squad of Kabalite warriors with a splinter cannon humor out of their raider as it crashed, hiding behind the wreckage. Next turn a seven-strong White Scars bike command squad with Khan and a artificer armour/storm shield artefact Chapter Master turns the corner of the nearby ruins. The Haemonculus must have promised a particularly painful death if the warriors failed, 'cause they died hard. They managed to inflict 6 wounds in a round of shooting and 6 more in over watch, killing all the bikes other than the Apothecary and Khan, and leaving the chapter master with 1 Wound.

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
Vandral Chorax
Slave
Vandral Chorax

PostSubject: Re: Dark Anecdotes   Dark Anecdotes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2013, 01:03

Today I had my first battle versus space marines, at 1000 points.
1° turn: he moved his 2 tactical squads (one with the captain and a librarian) and his devastator squad (between the previous two). I moved flat out my two raiders (one with archon Vandral, his Haemunculus and 5 incubi; the other one with 10 wyches); my 10 Kablite warriors in cover and 4 trueborn (2 splinter cannons) fired at the devastator squad and killed the two sm carrying lascannon and missle launcher (they were in the wrong place, his error...) and my talos did nothing (XD).
2° turn: His bikes arrived from his side of the table (my right) and went directly towards my trueborn and talos, then he fired with all his squads but the raider and the talos absorbed all the damage. I disembarked and the wyches assaulted the tactical squad on the left, the archon and his squad tried to assault the squad of his captain and librarian but the haemunculus launched the dark gate and destroyed quite the entire enemy squad in one single explosion *_*. Only one sm survived but my archon killed it with his blaster rifle...The trueborn and the talos killed the bikes, my kabalite warriors fired and annihilated the remaining devastators, my wyches destroyed the remaining tactical squad.
3° turn: the terminator squad arrived, deviating on a ruin...unfortunate d6 roll....automatically destroyed XD. The assault squad arrived too but then it was the only squad remaining, my wyches ready to charge and he surrendered.
Not a single Dark Eldar died in battle!!! Wiiiiiiiiiiiii
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Dark Anecdotes   Dark Anecdotes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2013, 07:27

Vandral Chorax wrote:
3° turn: the terminator squad arrived, deviating on a ruin...unfortunate d6 roll....automatically destroyed XD. The assault squad arrived too but then it was the only squad remaining, my wyches ready to charge and he surrendered.
Just thought I would point out deepstriking into terrain (any that is not impassable) does not cause mishaps in 6th, it just forces each model that lands in the terrain to take a dangerous terrain test (which terminators would still get their 2+ save against). So that unit of terminators would not have been destroyed.

This edition you only mishap if you scatter off the board, onto impassable terrain, onto your own units, or onto an enemy unit.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Vandral Chorax
Slave
Vandral Chorax

PostSubject: Re: Dark Anecdotes   Dark Anecdotes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2013, 09:48

I misunderstood XD: my friend says he rolled on the mishap table because the squad was within 1 of my trueborn squad (which was practically attached to the ruin, that caused my misunderstanding). Thank you for having explained the rule! I've only played few battles and don't know well some abilities like deep strike =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Anecdotes   Dark Anecdotes - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Anecdotes
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next