THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000 Points of Dark Angels vs. Dark Eldar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

1000 Points of Dark Angels vs. Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: 1000 Points of Dark Angels vs. Dark Eldar   1000 Points of Dark Angels vs. Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14 2013, 15:41

I have been off the net for a while, but just getting back up and running.

Went to the local GW shop for a bday event and met up with a buddy to try and get in a game amidst the hoopla. We kept it small because of that. He is playing with his new DA and I wanted to try out some of the coven models I have just finished painting up. It is not an all out coven list, but is getting there. I am not 100 percent sure of all his upgrades.

The armies:

DE

HQ
Haemonculus: LG

Troops
10 Warriors: Raider with DL, NS
5 Wyches: HWG, venom, NS, SC X2
5 Wracks, LG in a Venom with SC X 2

Elites
3 Grots: LG and Aberration upgrade in a Raider with NS and SCX2

Heavy
Ravager NS
Ravager NS
Talos pain Engine: TL-LG, TL-SC

DA

HQ
Saemmael on Corvex

Troops
Tactical Squad in Rhino
Tactical Squad

Elite
Venerable Dreadnaught in Drop Pod

Heavy
Land Speeder
Land Speeder

Mission: #1: Purge the Alien
Deployment: corners
Special Issues: None
Warlord Traits: He had Saemmael’s special one. I rolled for move through cover in ruins.
Terrain: See diagram and picture, there was more terrain, but I only included those that had some effect on the game.
Combat Drugs: I rolled for combat drugs and got +1 to attacks.
Night Fighting: No

DA deployed first, I failed to steal the initiative.

Deployment: He put Saemmael, a speeder and a squad out front and a Rhino and speeder to the back. I hid what I could out of sight behind the hill and then put the rest as far back in the corner as I could, since I did not know what weapons he had.

1000 Points of Dark Angels vs. Dark Eldar 1000_points_DE_vs_DA_13_jul_13_Deployment

Turn 1 DA:
The only target for him was the Talos, and he moved everything up to try and take it out. The speeder used its melta and bolters, Saemmael used some kind of blast weapon that scattered off the talos completely and his other weapons which all failed to wound. The tactical squad fired all its storm bolters and the one plasma guy killed himself with gets hot. The rhino fired and missed and his other speeder was out of range of everything.

1000 Points of Dark Angels vs. Dark Eldar 1000_points_DE_vs_DA_13_jul_13_Turn_1_Dark_Angels

Turn 1 Bloody Claw:
I positioned everything to take shots at the Rhino and moved the Talos to try and charge anything that came out. I had a pretty terrible round of shooting, missing with all but three dark lance shots and he saved two. The Rhino ended the turn only losing one hull point and not being able to move and only shooting snapshots next turn. Splinter fire managed to take out four more marines. I declared an assault with my talos on his rhino but failed the charge by about an inch.

1000 Points of Dark Angels vs. Dark Eldar 1000_points_DE_vs_DA_13_jul_13_Turn_1_Kabal_of_the_Bloody_Claw
Turn 2 DA:

He decided that the Talos was his most immediate threat and threw everything at it. The drop pod dropped in right in front of it and the Dread jumped out. He also saw the writing on the wall for the Rhino and jumped the marines out to help deal with the talos. Once again the Talos was a champ. He soaked up the land speeder, saemmaels and the assault marines fire. The dread managed to put two wounds on it and finally the drop pods storm bolter put the killing wound on. First Blood to the DA. His other land speeder was right at 24 inches range of a venom but NS saved the day.

1000 Points of Dark Angels vs. Dark Eldar 1000_points_DE_vs_DA_13_jul_13_Turn_2_Dark_Angels

Turn 2: Bloody Claw

In the movement phase I positioned my wyches for an assault on the Land Speeder and its melta guns. Everything else either positioned to go after the dread or the HQ.

In the shooting phase the wyches failed to hit the speeder with a grenade (they were closer than it appears in the pic). The raider next to the wych venom put a wound on Saemmael, then the venom failed to wound him. The warriors on the raider however managed two more wounds killing the HQ. Warlord to the DE. Six DL shots to the Dread failed to do anything, but a lucky raider shot managed to explode the Rhino with no collateral damage.

In the assault phase the wyches took out the Land Speeder with 4 HWG hits and were lucky the thing did not explode, but were sitting ducks in the open now.

1000 Points of Dark Angels vs. Dark Eldar 1000_points_DE_vs_DA_13_jul_13_Turn_2_Kabal_of_the_Bloody_Claw

Turn 3 DA:
He moved his dread to try and get at my vehicles, but ended up only being able to get in range of a venom. His tactical squad went to kill the wyches.

Shooting: The Dreadnaught only managed to put one hull point on the venom after two of three FF saves came through. The storm bolter and tac marines only killed one wych and his speeder did nothing missing the venom the dread went after with its melta shot.

1000 Points of Dark Angels vs. Dark Eldar 1000_points_DE_vs_DA_13_jul_13_Turn_3_Dark_Angels

Turn 3 Bloody Claw:

I moved my raider full forward hoping to get my grots into combat since I had never used them before. Everything else just shimmied around a little and the wyches made a run for the venom to try and load up next turn.

Then the shooting phase went crazy. My first Ravager got two hits on the Dread and exploded it. The next one took out the speeder and then a single Raider shot took out the drop pod which killed two marines. Combined venom fire killed 5 more marines. And down to two squads of 5 marines he conceded.

1000 Points of Dark Angels vs. Dark Eldar 1000_points_DE_vs_DA_13_jul_13_Turn_3_Kabal_of_the_Bloody_Claw

The Talos was the VIP, soaking up two complete turns of firepower. I will have to get him into my rotation better. Overall, I wish I had moved my grots forward faster, I really wanted to get them in a fight, but with his 24 inch range and my NS making it 18, he really never had a chance and one turn of lucky shooting with the DLs that usually fail me utterly was to OP for the DA.

I think he relied to much on the 3+ save and thought that his HQ was tougher than he was. In my two games against speeders, I have not found them difficult to deal with, but the venerable dreadnaughts are plain nasty.
Back to top Go down
Shadowharte
Hellion
Shadowharte

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Points of Dark Angels vs. Dark Eldar   1000 Points of Dark Angels vs. Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14 2013, 15:54

Congrats on the win. Always nice to see Marines getting beat. I have a question that is kinda off topic, what program did you use for the pictures?
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Points of Dark Angels vs. Dark Eldar   1000 Points of Dark Angels vs. Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14 2013, 16:19

Great report as always Nappen! Talos are such underrated units.

Shadowharte wrote:
what program did you use for the pictures?

The program he used is called battle chronicler, there is a tutorial on how to use it stickied at the top of the battle report section.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Shadowharte
Hellion
Shadowharte

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Points of Dark Angels vs. Dark Eldar   1000 Points of Dark Angels vs. Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14 2013, 17:20

Mushkilla wrote:
The program he used is called battle chronicler, there is a tutorial on how to use it stickied at the top of the battle report section.

Thanks a lot Mush, if I would have had this, it would have been much easier to do my battle report, prolly could have done those pictures quick instead of sleeping a couple night in between and forgetting a few things
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Points of Dark Angels vs. Dark Eldar   1000 Points of Dark Angels vs. Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14 2013, 18:02

It is a pretty easy program. It can get squirrly at times, but just shoot a note and someone here can help.

Oh and it is free Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Points of Dark Angels vs. Dark Eldar   1000 Points of Dark Angels vs. Dark Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1000 Points of Dark Angels vs. Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Realspace Raids
-
Jump to: