THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 2)

Go down 
+2
Blind_Baku
Mushkilla
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 2) Empty
PostSubject: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 2)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 2) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21 2012, 13:43

I have my first 1500 point game of 6th edtion next week (against necrons)!

List A

HQ
Archon, shadow field, venom blade, haywire - 100
Succubus, venom blade, haywire - 75

TROOPS
8 wyches, Hekatrix, venom blade, PGL, Haywire - 121
Raider, Disintigrator, night shield - 70

FAST ATTACK
9 Reavers, 3 heat lances, arena champion, venom blade - 249

Total: 1495

I decided to change one of the succubi into an archon, as he is more survivable in order to avoid giving away a warlord point. Leadership 10 also makes the command table more useful (I have decided to use this table as it doesn't have any duds).

You will notice there are only three armour values in this list. Because I don't run ravagers, I thought it would be impossible to get enough enough armour to saturate my opponents anti tank. As a result I decided to go to the other side of the spectrum and minimise the amount of armour in the list, that way it would be easier to hide the little armour I have out of line of sight on the first turn (I don't expect any raiders to survive past turn 2). Anything that can't be hidden out of line of sight, out of range or get a cover save will be kept in reserve.

The army aims to win by killing my opponent outright, or contesting objectives and earning all the secondary objective whilst denying them to my opponent (Reavers are great at getting first blood and line breaker).

Thoughts and criticism appreciated! Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell

Last edited by Mushkilla on Wed Aug 22 2012, 16:57; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 2)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 2) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21 2012, 15:33

The only thing I can think of to say is beware Overwatch from the weapons that cause bouncing (extra) wounds on a 6 or so. I quickly discovered that those can hurt, alot.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 2)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 2) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21 2012, 15:40

Especially since I'm facing this:

Teslatastic!

Necron Overlord w/Warscythe - 100
catacomb command barge - 80
4 Harbringers of the Storm, voltaic staff, lightning field - 140

8 imortals, tesla carbines - 136
Night Scythe, tesla destructor - 100
8 imortals, tesla carbines - 136
7 imortals, tesla carbines - 119
7 imortals, tesla carbines - 119

Annihilation Barge, tesla destructor - 90

Totals: 1500 points

Lightning fields will be a pain!

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell

Last edited by Mushkilla on Tue Aug 21 2012, 15:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Seshiru
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 2)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 2) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21 2012, 15:42

Your 1 point over?
For point reasons I tend to run a unit of 8 wyches with haywire for every unit of 9 reavers with H/L

8*12 = 96 wyches
(22*9+3*12) Reavers = 234
96+234 = 330

Then the upgrades are all in 5 point increments
So if you took 1 wych from each unit you would have a 35 points even to spend.

But I don't any criticism on list, I've been getting my butt kicked in 6th so far.
How do you deal with flyers in a list like this? Especially Necrons

Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 2)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 2) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21 2012, 15:46

Seshiru wrote:
Your 1 point over?
For point reasons I tend to run a unit of 8 wyches with haywire for every unit of 9 reavers with H/L

8*12 = 96 wyches
(22*9+3*12) Reavers = 234
96+234 = 330

Then the upgrades are all in 5 point increments
So if you took 1 wych from each unit you would have a 35 points even to spend.

That's pretty neet I will need to look into that.

Seshiru wrote:

But I don't any criticism on list, I've been getting my butt kicked in 6th so far.
How do you deal with flyers in a list like this? Especially Necrons

That's what I will have to find out! Heatlances and mobility is what I normally count on.

Back to top Go down
Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 2)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 2) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21 2012, 15:58

Mushkilla wrote:
Teslatastic!...
Lightning fields will be a pain!

I recommend remodeling everything to have on rubber boots and grounding wires, then you're impervious to lightning! Yeah, that looks like a fun list to go up against! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 2)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 2) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21 2012, 17:17

Nightshields on everything.

If the Necron player is going to rely on shooting so heavily then mess with his shooting phase and screw up his priority targetting.

Nightshields will also draw him in closer as he tries to get into shooting range.

Question:

If your units are close to his when he fires the Tesla, will it "arc" onto his units that are nearby or only yours?

But getting back to nightshields, I'd drop a wych from each to add them. I also think that nightshields works well with your mobility tactics too - it would add an extra 6" distance wise in regards to enemy shooting.

Unfortunately my games against the Necrons was strictly 5th edition.

Other than that, I love the list and would be almost exactly how I would outfit those units (barring the nightshield option).

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 2)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 2) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21 2012, 17:35

Grumpy Kwi wrote:
Question:

If your units are close to his when he fires the Tesla, will it "arc" onto his units that are nearby or only yours?

Yes, he can hurt his own units, but no cron model should be that close in an all shooty list

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 2)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 2) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21 2012, 18:27

Grumpy Kwi wrote:

Great idea, will give it a go (also helps out if there is not enough LOS blocking terrain on the first turn). And means I have 8 wyches which works with Seshiru's arithmetics. Hmm 5 points left, what to do? (updated list)

Back to top Go down
Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 2)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 2) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21 2012, 22:46

I like it exactly as is now and you should just go play it before any more changes.

However, those 5 spare points are enticing and makes me want to give the Archon combat drugs (he would be the only person not using them which is ironic to me. I just do not see where you are going to find 5 more points without dropping something potentially more useful (like dropping the haywire grenade off the succubus to buy drugs for the archon). Although I like the idea of a high BS IC like the succubus throwing a grenade people just don't buy succubi for their anti armor ability anyway. Since the succubus would be in a squad of wyches anyway I think I could handle her not taking a HWG.

Otherwise, maybe just taking a grisly trophy or a shock prow could be fruitful.

Still can't believe you are winning games without Heavy Support - bravo!

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 2)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 2) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22 2012, 08:56

Grumpy Kwi wrote:
I like it exactly as is now and you should just go play it before any more changes.

However, those 5 spare points are enticing and makes me want to give the Archon combat drugs (he would be the only person not using them which is ironic to me. I just do not see where you are going to find 5 more points without dropping something potentially more useful (like dropping the haywire grenade off the succubus to buy drugs for the archon). Although I like the idea of a high BS IC like the succubus throwing a grenade people just don't buy succubi for their anti armor ability anyway. Since the succubus would be in a squad of wyches anyway I think I could handle her not taking a HWG.

Otherwise, maybe just taking a grisly trophy or a shock prow could be fruitful.

Someone has to stay sober! Beside other wise another space pimp might come steal his girls!

I'm not a fan of combat drugs on the Archon, only 50% of the rolls are useful (+1A,+S,re-roll to wound) and two of those are not amazing when you have a venom blade and are already wounding on a 2+. The archon doesn't really benefit from the pain token roll either, as he has a shadow field (his unit might benefit from it though). For 10pts I just don't think it's worth it.

On a succubus it's another story as she effectively pays 5pts for drugs, dodge, better WS and I. Also 5/6 of the rolls are useful for her (rolling a 6 and starting a wych squad with 2 pain tokens has always been fantastic).

But what else to get?

Grumpy Kwi wrote:

Still can't believe you are winning games without Heavy Support - bravo!

Thanks. To be honest I didn't really run heavy support in 5th (couldn't afford ravager after spending all my money on reavers). After realising reavers were not the easiest thing to use effectively I just had to deal with it, I was stuck with them. It was a lot harder, but screening units, 50% unit in cover and skilled rider with area terrain meant you could get by. Changing to this edition really feels like I was playing with lead in my boots and I just took them off. Smile

Back to top Go down
Talos
Kabalite Warrior
Talos

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 2)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 2) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22 2012, 10:22

I really looking forward to this battle repport.
Your battle reports have been inspiring, so I have just brought a handful of revers myself, I really want to try this list out for myself, it looks fund, and like a breath of fresh air compared to what I normally filed.
Hope you don’t mind, but I will shameless steal part of your list.
Back to top Go down
http://www.olasart.se
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 2)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 2) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22 2012, 10:39

Talos wrote:

Hope you don’t mind, but I will shameless steal part of your list.

Don't be silly! Go for it! If anything I'm quite chuffed someone wants to use parts of my list. The more people that experiment with it the more we can refine reaver/wych lists and tactics. Very Happy

Edit: The battle report is up thanks for all the help! Smile

]b]Please use the edit button Mush. Thank you. -Your Friendly Neighborhood Mod SR-[/b]

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 2)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 2) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 2)
Page 1 of 1