THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 3)

Go down 
+4
Blind_Baku
alexwellace
Enfernux
Mushkilla
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 3) Empty
PostSubject: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 3)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 3) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 09:45

Here is the lastest incarnation of my 1500 point list:

HQ
Succubus, venom blade, haywire - 75
Succubus, venom blade, haywire - 75

ELITE
4 Grotesques, aberration, liquifier, venom blade - 165
Raider, Disintigrator, sail - 65

TROOPS
8 wyches, Hekatrix, venom blade, PGL, Haywire - 121

FAST ATTACK
9 Reavers, 3 heat lances, arena champion, venom blade - 249

Total: 1499

The succubi go with the grotesque. I'm going from three troops to two, however my reasoning is that the wyches might be more survivable in this list as the grotesques will be a fantastic bullet magnet. Thoughts?

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 3)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 3) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 09:52

best of luck, want a rep on it with piksörz
anyway, if we could only separate the wyches in to two squads like marines Sad meh, cant have it all Sad Very Happy
and i am very interested in how will the grots perform, as i to also want to utilize them in my lists.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
alexwellace
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 3)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 3) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 11:12

Triple reavers are fun and effective! Wasn't the Succubus the bite in the wych units as in most of your reports its about the succubus beating down those gray knights or delivering deadly granades. Also having both succubus('s?) in one unit is nerfing that awesome granade potential.

Maybe if 1 succubus went in with grots, but i think the wychhs need the extra bite to do anything other then tarpit.
Back to top Go down
Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 3)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 3) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 13:47

I see the grots and think like everyone else how's posted thus far... but honestly it could be alot of fun so I'll just wait for the battle rep for less theory more practical application. Who knows, you may be about to start the next big DE fad (Grots are the new Reavers!?)
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 3)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 3) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 14:01

actually, i asked the question ^^ but they do seam very viable now esp that PW dont negate fnp, the change to poison rules, and that everyone here, even me, are learning more and more, and we want a counter DS to combat our opponents ones. Mostly terminators in general.

Still, would someone refresh my memory on GK and nemesis force weapons and Malys anty psy powers result? As in the power is not initially affecting the squad Malys is with, so she doesnt negate it, but the powers effect does, instakilling if failed, but is a psypower, so is it negated?

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 3)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 3) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 17:01

I would drop a Reaver squad and have more Wyches. Sure the Grotesques are survivable but your opponent would have to be really stupid to focus all fire upon them and mostly ignore the two Wych squads.

Oh and I don't think Force Weapons are actually a Psychic power, you just take a psychic test to use them, so I don't think the Crystal Heart will stop them from working. Presumably this is why the Chaos Daemons gift 'Blessing of the Blood God' specifies that you get a 2+ save vs Psychic powers and Force Weapons, because taking a Psychic Test doesn't necessarily mean that you are using a Psychic Power, but means it can cause Perils and be stopped by things like Shadow in the Warp which says: 'Any enemy psyker that takes a Psychic Test'.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 3)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 3) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 17:03

Love your reports! Although they have done nasty things to my wallet... lol
Having In 9 for sweeping advance is great, but what I'm wondering is why do you have two succubie with your grots? Wouldn't one succubus and one haermo be better since it gives you both In 9 for purposes of sweeping advances and an extra pain token for fc?
But, in all honesty, I'm convinced that as long as you have 3 units of 9reavers you would be able to load up all of your other points in mandrakes and still send whoever challenged the black buzzards home crying! Lol
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 3)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 3) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 17:40

Anggul wrote:
I would drop a Reaver squad.

*Covers ears* NOT LISTENING LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALAL... true about ignoring the wyches though. Smile

alexwellace wrote:
Triple reavers are fun and effective! Wasn't the Succubus the bite in the wych units as in most of your reports its about the succubus beating down those gray knights or delivering deadly granades. Also having both succubus('s?) in one unit is nerfing that awesome granade potential.

Maybe if 1 succubus went in with grots, but i think the wychhs need the extra bite to do anything other then tarpit.

Yes the succubus was the bite in the wyche squads, grenades would still work if need be (spliting the unit). My biggest concern is actually the loss of fleet. I'm playing around with a lot other lists at the moment too.

Bibitybopitybacon wrote:
Love your reports! Although they have done nasty things to my wallet... lol
Having In 9 for sweeping advance is great, but what I'm wondering is why do you have two succubie with your grots? Wouldn't one succubus and one haermo be better since it gives you both In 9 for purposes of sweeping advances and an extra pain token for fc?
But, in all honesty, I'm convinced that as long as you have 3 units of 9reavers you would be able to load up all of your other points in mandrakes and still send whoever challenged the black buzzards home crying! Lol

Hehe, yeah those reavers are not cheap! I'm leaning towards the second succubus as she hits on 3s and has 2 more attacks then a regular haemi, also then I can tank on her 4++/FNP for the grots without risking my warlord. I'm considering giving the succubi power axes for extra utility, but I'm not quite convinced.

Here is another list I have been working on:

Duke, Succubus & Warriors

HQ
Duke - XXX
Succubus, venom blade - 70

TROOPS
10 warriors, splinter cannon - 100
Raider, Disintigrator - 60
Raider, Disintigrator, Aether sail - 65
Raider, Disintigrator, Aether sail - 65

FAST ATTACK

Total: 1499

Thoughts?

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 3)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 3) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 17:48

Grotesques are going to do you well - they will also provide a decent meat shield against shooting too if you are careful enough. Would rather see flesh gauntlets on the aberration but I see its a points thing. Sail is actually what I would recommend too so I think you are fine.

Interesting to see 2 troop choices.

Just be sure to have the Grotesques raider be the closest unit to the target and sail the wyches behind. I have used sails extensively in 5th and the psychology should be the same - the opponent will almost always concentrate on the closest raider to his units and with Grotesques (a very unique, mysterious unit) they will be hard to ignore or pass up.

I am concerned with the wyches in an explosion and the grotesques not being fearless (unless you roll a "6" for drugs).

Try it out definitely!

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 3)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 3) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 17:54

You would need to drop the cannon warrior to fit the Duke into the squad, but yeah it looks good.

I don't see much point in Enhanced Aethersails any more though, 12" move + 18" flat out = 30", which I think is quite enough. Razz

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 3)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 3) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 17:57

Grumpy Kwi wrote:
Grotesques are going to do you well - they will also provide a decent meat shield against shooting too if you are careful enough. Would rather see flesh gauntlets on the aberration but I see its a points thing. Sail is actually what I would recommend too so I think you are fine.

That was the plan. I really like sails this edition, especially seeing as I try to hide all my raiders, it makes up for the terrain sometimes being in awkward places.

Grumpy Kwi wrote:

Interesting to see 2 troop choices.

I have a test list around somewhere with three units of grots in raiders, three units of reavers, two haemies and a succubus and only two units of three wracks as troops. Smile

Grumpy Kwi wrote:

I am concerned with the wyches in an explosion and the grotesques not being fearless (unless you roll a "6" for drugs).

Try it out definitely!

Those are my biggest concerns too, I8 for sweeping advance is why I prefer the succubus with grots to haemies as it can save the whole unit when they lose combat.

Anggul wrote:
You would need to drop the cannon warrior to fit the Duke into the squad, but yeah it looks good.

I deploy the duke with the warriors on foot next to the wych and warrior raider, then he hops into the wyches raider and the warriors hop into their own raider. Done properly the raiders can still move flat out etc that turn. I like my 3+ splinter cannon! Smile

Back to top Go down
Seshiru
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 3)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 3) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 16:15

If your going to put both HQ with the grots, then you may want to consider having a Haemy with an Liquifier and a Venom blade as oppose to the second Succubus, gives you two template shots and twice the chance to roll right ap value you want.

As for the Duke list, I like it, how come no splinter racks?

Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 3)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 3) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 17:06

Seshiru wrote:

As for the Duke list, I like it, how come no splinter racks?

To be honest I completely forgot about them, will shuffle it around. Thanks for the reminder. Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 3)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 3) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 3)
Page 1 of 1