THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5)

Go down 
+6
Bibitybopitybacon
Sky Serpent
Deyfluff
Steffo
Tony Spectacular
Mushkilla
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5) Empty
PostSubject: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 21:10

Hi, need help finishing of my list for my next game. Any ideas? Thanks. Very Happy

LIST A

HQ
Succubus, venom blade - 70

TROOPS
8 wyches, Hekatrix, venom blade, PGL, Haywire - 121
Raider, Disintigrator - 60

FAST ATTACK
9 Reavers, 3 heat lances, arena champion, venom blade - 249

Total: 1430 (if only I could take a third succubus!)

LIST B

HQ

TROOPS
8 wyches, Hekatrix, venom blade, haywire, PGL - 121
8 wyches, Hekatrix, venom blade, haywire, PGL - 121

FAST ATTACK
9 Reavers, 3 heatlances, arena champion, venom blade - 249

HEAVY
Talos, twin-linked liquifier gun, splinter cannons - 105

Total: 1459

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell

Last edited by Mushkilla on Thu Oct 11 2012, 07:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 22:49

In list A you could always throw one CC on each Reaver gang, and add a 9th wych to the crew not taking a Succubus. You might not use the CC, but if you have throwaway points, why not take them just for the extra ripping and tearing?

Or FF and NS on all three Raiders?
Back to top Go down
Steffo
Hellion
Steffo

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 23:02

List AB- A compromise perhaps?

HQ

TROOPS
7 wyches, Hekatrix, venom blade, PGL, Haywire - 109

FAST ATTACK

HEAVY

TOTAL: 1499
Back to top Go down
Deyfluff
Kabalite Warrior
Deyfluff

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 23:59

Oiii I like the first one. Two taloi are nasty! Smile but it is really low on troops. Steffo's list could be a good solution though
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11 2012, 00:46

I think you should play with the idea of using Haemonculi, there's a lot of fun options in there and will help to beef the Wyches up to a degree, or the Reavers using deployment shenanigans.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11 2012, 04:18

I like list b and steffo's list c. Most of the sixth edition games I've seen you win have been through secondaries while contesting their objectives with your reavers. (With the not uncommon tabling thrown in)
I love list b since the pain engines act like an anvil to your reaver's hammer. As your battle reports have shown wyches tend to under perform without a bus I really think in the end the engines will make everything more survivable by being massive bullet magnets and will serve you far better than another raider with wyches.
I look forward to seeing you rofl stomp someone with either list Smile
p.s. have you thought about using a chronos? In your batrep agaist salimanders it seemed like the liquidiers did most of the heavy lifting and the chronose's large blast and flamed templates would let it deal damage better and buff you army at the same time. I could see someone of your skill being able to abuse the pain tokens it gives out in all sorts of great ways.
Back to top Go down
Seshiru
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11 2012, 21:49

Do you find the Splinter Cannon to be good enough on the Tallos?

Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11 2012, 22:08

@Steffo: I think a talos on it's own would be too vulnerable. Just my experience with daemons and MCs.

@Sky: Haemies are interesting, do need to have another go with them at some point. Would make my troops tougher.

@Bibitybopitybacon: You are right, a third unit of troops, doesn't necessarily mean more troops after turn 1.

@Seshiru: I prefer splinter cannons as they are free, are great for getting early pain tokens, and let you sit on objectives and still contribute. Heatlances have similar effective range to the talos' charge, so are only really useful out of portals and haywire blasters are just not effective enough (More often then not you want to be running unless you are camping an objective or finishing off a unite with the cannons to get a token).

What about:

HQ

TROOPS
Raider, Disintigrator, NS - 70

FAST ATTACK

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager, NS - 115
Ravager, NS - 115

Total: 1499

Or are Ravagers just too blasphemous? Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Seshiru
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11 2012, 22:51

Well if i just look at the list I would say Ravagers stay back while the rest of the army moves forward.
So how do you keep you opponent from freely deep striking and taking out your ravagers without fear of retaliation? Your wyches and Reavers will be on the other side of the board so I see that as a problem.

But that just me reading the list, How are you playing to use?

Sybarite
Orthien

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12 2012, 02:09

On sky's Haemy idea, have you considered some 3man Wrack squads to start your Succubus in for a first turn PT at 60 points for the 2 they could boost your Wyches survivability.
Its risky since they start dismounted but good positioning/cover and preferably first turn should compensate.

Kabalite Warrior Helm Project Log: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t5342-real-life-kabalite-helm
Back to top Go down
Steffo
Hellion
Steffo

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12 2012, 02:11

Try a Voidraven for some void mine uber lancing?

HQ

TROOPS

FAST ATTACK

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager - 105
Void Raven Bomber -145

Total: 1499

Couldn't resist throwing this in.

HQ
Succubus, venom blade, haywire grenade - 75

ELITES
4 Grots, Aberation, Venom Blade, Liquifier - 185
Raider - 60

TROOPS

FAST ATTACK

Back to top Go down
Septimus
Kabalite Warrior
Septimus

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12 2012, 20:03

Hi Mushkilla,

Or maybe that should be "hej Mushkilla", saw you writing Danish in another post...

Anyways, I have a suggestion for your list based on my own experience with DE. I play competitively, so have that in mind. I have to admit I got pretty frustrated with DE in general ... I can win with them, even in 5th (sometimes), but there were too many games where half the army was blown away in one or two turns and when I win I hate the feeling that I just got lucky... I want to win because I outmaneouvre my opponents and utilise (hopefully) superior tactics.

So in short I got quite frustrated. Especially with dark (g)lances and blasters. Mech in 5th was horrible to fight. Now? Well, it's certainly more fair but dark light weapons are no better than they were in 5th.

That's why I completely changed my own list shortly before I stumbled upon this site and a bunch of nice battle reports by someone who like reavers as much as I do.

I scrapped my ravagers. All 3. They have never done anything remotely significant, only barely managed to kill something once in a while.

Instead I added 3x Talos with haywire blasters and the upgrade that let's you roll an extra dice for cc attacks and pick the highest (chain-flails?). 5 Scourges with 2 haywire blasters and 2x 9 Reavers with 3 heatlances and an agonizer champ.

I have only tested it in a couple of games vs. guard. It was my first games of 6th too so made some bloobers in both games, which cost me a win and a draw - but that was the first time I did not feel like I had to be seriously lucky just to survive through the first couple of turns.

The thing with haywire blasters that made me use them and try out triple talos was that they are only 16.7% worse at pen'ing AV12+ ... but way better at chipping hull points than dark light weapons. 66% chance of a glance + 16.7% chance of a pen. The Talos is even TL so vs. flyers that's 30.5% chance of a hit.

TL;DR:

List suggestion:

75 Succubus: venom blade + haywire grenades

85 5x Succubus: haywire grenades + hekatrix + pgl + venom blade
60 Raider: shock prow + grisly trophies + disintegrator

55 Raider: shock prow + grisly trophies + disintegrator

55 Raider: shock prow + grisly trophies + disintegrator

249 9x Reavers: 3 heat lances + venom blade

110 Talos: haywire blaster + liquifire gun (thanks for the idea about the liquifire btw... hadn't thought about that - area denial ftw!).
110 Talos: haywire blaster + liquifire gun

1497 point.

I used to like warriors better than wyches but also changed to wyches in 6th because - how often do you really get to make that 5+ armour save anyway? There's only 1 less wych than your original list but there's an extra raider...

Disintegrators because they can snipe marines out of cover (and because I hate dark lances!!!).

I would keep the taloi because they become scoring in one of the missions. Basically you have 6 troop units in missions where Fast are scoring, and 5 where Heavy are scoring.

The Talos can move up behind the Reavers and threaten a charge if the Reavers are in danger of being charged. That's how I do with my daemons, multiple layers or waves of dangerous units so the enemy has to think twice before charging into a seemingly isolated target.

Ps. Keep the batreps coming!

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13 2012, 20:00

@Septimus: Godt forslag. Glad to here the reavers are working out for you. As for what to run I'm quite torn, talos are great, not too keen on ravagers. I need to sit down and do some more brainstorming.

Septimus wrote:

That's how I do with my daemons, multiple layers or waves of dangerous units so the enemy has to think twice before charging into a seemingly isolated target.

Ahh, a daemon player as well? Smile

Back to top Go down
Septimus
Kabalite Warrior
Septimus

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13 2012, 22:07

Ohh yes ... I have played daemons (and still do). A lot. Cool

I don't like ravagers any more - I used to take them because they provided essential AT power but time and again they failed to impress. The taloi however have been pleasantly surprising.

So for me it's either taloi and/or razorwing fighters. With a list like yours I would stick with taloi as the fighters will only show up at the earliest from turn 2 and I think you need more target saturation on the table in case you go second or get seized.

If I take a ravager again it will be re-configured with 3 disintegrator cannons. I have only tried it once but that actually had an impact as it forced my opponents (doubles game fighting IG and BA) to stay in cover.

However, a disintegrator ravager wouldn't mesh with the rest of your list.

This would only be possible in larger games but I do get such a fuzzy feeling inside when I think about 3x 9 reavers and daemon allies including a unit of 9 screamers - or how about csm allies with a helldrake armed with a baleflamer ... 'splode a transport with the reavers and burn whatever is stumbling out of the wreckage Smile

Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13 2012, 22:30

Maybe Dissie Ravagers? Another hammer unit.

Good unit, give it a shot.

Im putting together now roughly same list with them included + beast unit instead of one Reaver group.

The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5) 1500_w11

An argument for shooting additions to the roster.

As Bladevaning is done in the shooting phase you can actually prioritse where to bladevane, for example if you shoot enough models from the unit you can immediately move in for the kill with Reavers, to claim Pain Token.

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14 2012, 18:29

Had the game today, posted the report for those who are interested (pictures are as usual). Thanks for all the advice. Smile

BR12: The Black Buzzards VS IG Mechanised - 1500pts

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5)   The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Black Buzzards - 1500 point list (attempt 5)
Page 1 of 1