THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

750 escalation league

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dolcet40
Slave
dolcet40

750 escalation league Empty
PostSubject: 750 escalation league   750 escalation league I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15 2012, 19:21

here is an army list i am working on for the second week section of an escalation league this time for 750 points

Dark eldar

HQ
Archon 120
venom blade
Shadow Field
ghostplate armor
blaster

Troops
5 wyches 60
haywire grenades

5 wyches 60
haywire grenades

Heavy support
Razorwing jetfighter 195
splinter cannon
nightshields
necrotoxin missles x4
ficker field

Elites
5 Kabalite Trueborn 155
Splinter cannon x2
Dedictaed Venom
Splinter cannon
nightshield

5 Kabalite Trueborn 155
Splinter cannon x2
Dedictaed Venom
Splinter cannon
nightshield

Adam Savage
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: 750 escalation league   750 escalation league I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2012, 18:41

Hey, I really like the concept of escalation leagues, it lets you try things out so you know what you should buy next once you have some games going.

I don't know if there are any mandatories that you have to keep, but judging from a general perspective the list you posted has some weaknesses which are as follows:

The most glaring issue is the wyches, your only 2 troop choices. Let's put it this way: they will not accomplish anything. 10 models with a 6+ save footslogging towards your enemy is a bad idea. To make footslogging viable you'd need a far better save and toughness. Give them a venom dedicated Transport (with extra spinter cannon)so they get where they are needed fast and hopefully unharmed. The venoms also function as a nice anti infantry fire base.

Second is your archon, he has a blaster but he also looks like he wants to be in combat, decide a role for him. If you want to put him in CC let him join the wyches and make their transport a raider instead of a venom. If you want him with a blaster just give him the blaster and a shadowfield and stick him with trueborn (see next paragraph for these)

The trueborn: are quite expensive for what they do and I don't think the extra carbines give you all that much for an anti infantry firebase. make it 3 models 2 Cannons in Venom with extra cannon. I'd advise Blasterborn though, 3 or 4 each with a blaster in venom with extra cannon. Gives you some much needed anti tank and decent infantry killing potential in one unit. Stick the blaster archon only with blasterborn as he wants to shoot different targets than splinterborn. And generally decide which one you fancy more either the one or the other.

I find your HS choice a bit too expensive as well, that's on AV10 flyer worth a good chunk of your army. I'd not worry too much about flyers in this point range and switch him for 2 lance ravagers or maybe 1 lance 1 dissie ravager. to get the points needed shave something from the trueborn.

The cheapest HQ by the way is a regular haemonculus with liquifier (to give him a use). You could save yourself some points there as well.

Hope this helped.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
dolcet40
Slave
dolcet40

PostSubject: Re: 750 escalation league   750 escalation league I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2012, 21:45

as to the flyers i know of three that are planning on showing up in it. one was in our 500 point league (the current leader imperial guard) as to the others i am very new to playing & am making due with a battleforce mostly & i am planning on getting another & i have been buying what i need as i go (minimal money).

i have been using the archon as a peace to absorb attacks (he took 20+ saves before falling last game) so i can grab objectives with the wyches the blaster was an addon with leftover points

Thank you for your advice i will keep it in mind when i make my next purchase (which will prob. be a battle force)

Adam Savage
Back to top Go down
Fruz
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 750 escalation league   750 escalation league I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17 2012, 15:53

Dogmar wrote:
Second is your archon, he has a blaster but he also looks like he wants to be in combat, decide a role for him. If you want to put him in CC let him join the wyches and make their transport a raider instead of a venom. If you want him with a blaster just give him the blaster and a shadowfield and stick him with trueborn (see next paragraph for these)
completely disagree with that.
With a CC squad, it sometimes allows to fire while moving, and when you charge, you get almost for sure an S8 AP2 weapon shot.
A blaster on a BS7 model is ridiculously efficient, especially on a tough model.

But yeah, don't go with footslogging wyches. That can be affordable if you come out from a WWP and fire your 5 HWG to blow up a tank, but otherwise just forget it imo.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 750 escalation league   750 escalation league I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

750 escalation league
Page 1 of 1