THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Blogings of a newb with dark eldar (updated 01/03 before torni)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelster
Slave

Blogings of a newb with dark eldar (updated 01/03 before torni) Empty
PostSubject: Blogings of a newb with dark eldar (updated 01/03 before torni)   Blogings of a newb with dark eldar (updated 01/03 before torni) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2013, 03:27

I have decided if its ok with the mods that i will do a sort of blog with my dark eldar as try and improve my abilty and play around with different units as such i will change the tittle as i update. I find doing this sort of thing helps with lerning mistakes and better players can help guide me into being a improved player

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice game and my first of many with dark eldar in 6th

Last edited by Kelster on Fri Mar 01 2013, 19:12; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Broken link)
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: Blogings of a newb with dark eldar (updated 01/03 before torni)   Blogings of a newb with dark eldar (updated 01/03 before torni) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2013, 14:04

link doesn't work unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Kelster
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Blogings of a newb with dark eldar (updated 01/03 before torni)   Blogings of a newb with dark eldar (updated 01/03 before torni) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19 2013, 22:32

Thanks and link fixed
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: Blogings of a newb with dark eldar (updated 01/03 before torni)   Blogings of a newb with dark eldar (updated 01/03 before torni) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19 2013, 23:23

Aaaalright, nice report! Some random comments:

Oh my god, a thunderhawk as a terrain piece! That was either extraordinarily expensive or a very nice scratch built one. Cool stuff and a very nice table in general.

The game itself seemed like a very balanced 3 way. Biggest issue with 3 way is to get even chances for all players and to prevent "teaming up" of two players. That was sort of mitigated by very friendly players and a good system for victory points.

It was entertaining to watch, especially those raiders that just would not go down.

Big issue though, as you have adressed: Deployment. 24" from all enemy units is a good rule on paper, but leads to big issues in practice, since you as a DE player had almost nowhere to deploy thus leaving your important beast unit in reserve. Had you had more space to deploy you could have played a lot more aggressively. I think that should be reworked to give each player a dedicated deployment zone. From the top of my head and without a table for geometry in front of me I think 12" from the home objective might be a good idea, with the homeobjective in turn having to be within a fixed number of inches from the table edge so that nobody can deploy right in the middle of the table.

In conclusion: good report, spoken with a clear voice. do more of these! Smile
Back to top Go down
Kelster
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Blogings of a newb with dark eldar (updated 01/03 before torni)   Blogings of a newb with dark eldar (updated 01/03 before torni) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 19:14

thanks for the comments with the table we try and make sure with have a good amount of scenery on the board. yer deployment is a problem the big thing is making sure there are no turn one charges which can completely change how the game works but was fun and a good start for my new force!
Back to top Go down
Kelster
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Blogings of a newb with dark eldar (updated 01/03 before torni)   Blogings of a newb with dark eldar (updated 01/03 before torni) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 19:29

So on saturday im heading up to a 2 day torniment 1750, 6 games all the book missions. no i dont intend to win at this point but will be a good way to get 6 games in as such i plan on tacking eliments of all the bits i like just to see how it works. i feel the list is a little light on anti tank and scoreing also im franticly trying to get it all painted in time so there might be sore un planed mods. i will do short vids after each game (i hope) or some sort of right up. so her is the list

Baron Sathonyx

10x Warriors Splinter Cannon
Raider (60pts)

10x Warriors Splinter Cannon

5x Warriors
Venom 2x Splinter Cannon

5x Wyches Haywire grenades
Raider (60pts)
Dark Lance

Beast Masters
4x Beastmaster
8x Khymeras Pack (48pts)
4x Razorwing Flock (30pts)

6x Reaver Jetbikes 2x Blaster

Razorwing Fighter , Flickerfield

Ravanger night shilds

Eldrad Ulthran

5x Fire Dragon
Exarch Crack Shot Tank Hunters (15pts)

3x Guardian Jetbikes

Agis with Autocannon

Well then wish me luck Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blogings of a newb with dark eldar (updated 01/03 before torni)   Blogings of a newb with dark eldar (updated 01/03 before torni) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blogings of a newb with dark eldar (updated 01/03 before torni)
Page 1 of 1