THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How would be a dark eldar farseer or warlock?

Go down 
+3
Mngwa
Mushkilla
el_horror
7 posters
AuthorMessage
el_horror
Slave

How would be a dark eldar farseer or warlock? Empty
PostSubject: How would be a dark eldar farseer or warlock?   How would be a dark eldar farseer or warlock? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 12:24

One of the things I like the least from the bluff is the fact the dark eldar don't use or explode their psychic powers. Before the codex came out I hoped to have dark eldar farseers and warlocks (with other names and other powers more focused in the army) but no luck.

So since then I have seen the haemoncoulus as our "psychics" with their special items as "count as powers". Ok, maybe I have too much imagination, but I am now painting my army and am thinking about this issue again.
I will use haemis minis as haemis (I mean haemis only for giving pain tokens to units and unlock wracks) and using other minis as haemis with some items, they will be my "dark eldar warlocks".

Now, my question is, ¿how a dark eldar warlock would be?

I imagine it as a rogue and mercenary character. Of course a shadowy character because Asdruval edicts against psychics.
Also I imagine them as wealthy character. And in general as an "evil" eldar warlock.

What do you think about this? Could you suggest me some minis or give some ideas?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: How would be a dark eldar farseer or warlock?   How would be a dark eldar farseer or warlock? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 12:29

Why don't you just use eldar allies? That way you can get the psykers that you crave so much. Very Happy

As for why Dark Eldar don't have psykers, their background makes it clear.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
el_horror
Slave

PostSubject: Re: How would be a dark eldar farseer or warlock?   How would be a dark eldar farseer or warlock? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 12:36

I don't use as allies because I don't like them Wink

And the issue about dark eldar psykers, well, if I don't remember wrong in the codex doesn't say they aren't. Only that they are forbidden because their powers could affect their realm. But is the same as dark elves in fantasy. There are not male dark elves wizards because in the fluff Malekith is afraid one of them could beat him based upon a prophecy. But in fact there are even old minis of dark elf wizard.

My idea is to use one of those "voids" in the fluff to make some models I like more. Don't know, I have seen even "dark eldar avatars" played as Talos. Don't see the problem.
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: How would be a dark eldar farseer or warlock?   How would be a dark eldar farseer or warlock? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 13:51

Lets all calm our psychic powers before we destroy our beloved forum, shall we? bom
But, well, if you want a DE psyker, just have one and use farseer rules, maybe?

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: How would be a dark eldar farseer or warlock?   How would be a dark eldar farseer or warlock? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 13:53

the problem is your "count as" psykers dont have a current DE statline that you can even proxy him as a "count as" Avatar and Talos work because both are MCs. There is no analog for a psyker in our book, not even Haemies can work as they dont take tests, and they dont have "powers" like crypteks.

You already said you hate allies, but that is an easy solution to your problem. Run an allied farseer and warlock squad as a rogue DE psyker and aspirants and call it a day. Add in some DA as "hired bodyguards" or rangers as "DE assassins" and you got yourself a done deal.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
el_horror
Slave

PostSubject: Re: How would be a dark eldar farseer or warlock?   How would be a dark eldar farseer or warlock? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 17:43

Like your point Shadows Revenge.

Let's change my question.

How you model, or make, a warseer so it is more "dark eldish" style?

Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: How would be a dark eldar farseer or warlock?   How would be a dark eldar farseer or warlock? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 17:49

Get a farseer, paint it in "dark eldish" style Smile
Since that varies, just use whatever colours you use for your regular DE models.

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Aschen
Sybarite
Aschen

PostSubject: Re: How would be a dark eldar farseer or warlock?   How would be a dark eldar farseer or warlock? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 21:23

Use the many many extra bits you get from the different sprues. Thats how i ended up making my Corsair prince. Eldar body, Dark Eldar head, a hanging knife and dangling skulls from the Raider sprue
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: How would be a dark eldar farseer or warlock?   How would be a dark eldar farseer or warlock? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13 2013, 07:11

kitbash always works, so does re-purposing Eldar models. Or you could make him a rogue human psyker running amuck around Commorragh. Its basically all in how you want to see your psyker. For example my foot seer and my jetseer are both modified Shadowseers, for all of my allies are harlie based (harlie GJB, harlies themselves, Nightwing painted in harlie colors)

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Devilish
Kabalite Warrior
Devilish

PostSubject: Re: How would be a dark eldar farseer or warlock?   How would be a dark eldar farseer or warlock? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13 2013, 07:31

I've been thinking on Eldar allies for awhile and have come up with two ways I'd do it.

Some kind of a conversion based on the mandrake.

Or have a haemoncolous or some other character holding a severed head with mouth and eyes sewn shut.
Back to top Go down
Lay_Ayanesha
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: How would be a dark eldar farseer or warlock?   How would be a dark eldar farseer or warlock? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13 2013, 08:24

At the moment I'm working on a Haemonculus Coven army with Eldar allies. But the allies will be heavily converted and be a part of the Coven (Haemo with shiny toys counts as Farseer, some Matrix style attack drones count as Eldar Jetbikes and some giant sknakes with prisoners at their front count as Eldar war walker).
As base for the Farseer Haemonculus I just ordered the following miniature (Pandora from Wyrd Miniatures).
How would be a dark eldar farseer or warlock? C6b5ca5d903d2506cc3b7957cee1887e

Another idea was building a normal flying Haemo and a captured psyker on a base. The Haemo could just steal the psionic energy with one of his artifacts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How would be a dark eldar farseer or warlock?   How would be a dark eldar farseer or warlock? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How would be a dark eldar farseer or warlock?
Page 1 of 1