THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later.

Go down 
+2
Shadows Revenge
Korazell
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later. Empty
PostSubject: 1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later.   1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2013, 16:13

Hello one and all!

This is my humble attempt at a fun theme list. I'm a new player and currently not interested in "tournament" style lists as they seem very restrictive min-max in what I can and can't run. I just want some insight, advice, abd suggestions on how to make this list function smoothly and effectively in what it aims to do. Have fun!

I had about a hundred points left over near the end and decided I needed a fast attack, reavers stepped up...but I'm not sure if I should go with a surprise tank hunter with heat-lance or do caltrops. Or just a sqaud of deep strike scourges with shardcarbines. I'm about 19 points over which I don't think is a big deal, if they are wanting to nitpick down to 1500 exactly, I'll cut the nightshields on my ravagers.

Last edited by Korazell on Wed Apr 10 2013, 00:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later.   1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2013, 18:56

Here is the list we made in chat:

75- Succubus w/ venom blade, haywire
75- Succubus w/ venom blade, haywire
121- 3 Trueborn w/ 2 Splinter Cannons; Venom w/ second Cannon
121- 3 Trueborn w/ 2 Splinter Cannons; Venom w/ second Cannon
203- 9 wyches w/ Haywires, Hekatrix w/ Venomblade, Phantasm Grenade Launcher; Raider
203- 9 wyches w/ Haywires, Hekatrix w/ Venomblade, Phantasm Grenade Launcher; Raider
125- 5 Wyches w/ Haywires; Venom w/ Second Cannon
125- 5 Wyches w/ Haywires; Venom w/ Second Cannon
137- 5 Reavers w/ 1 Heat Lance, Arena Champion w/ Venomblade
105- Ravager
105- Ravager
105- Ravager

Total: 1500pts exactly

Now you see what I did??? I took the elements you wanted, but optimized them. This opened up enough points to give me another Troop and HS slot. It also increased your target saturation. Dont by fooled by overpriced things that dont work as well as something way cheaper. Personally I think there is more optimzation we could do (drop a succubus, split her squad into two troops, get another reaver squad) but here is basically your list... optimized... have fun

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later.   1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2013, 19:09

Thank you so much!

Alright, I'll admit, that was the most help I have ever gotten in regards to making a list. I didn't even consider alot of these options and I feel it just points me out as a new player all the more!

My only concerns are I'd need to convert one of the raiderrs I currently have into a ravager, doesn't seem so hard, really, as I could just add some turrets are even just jury rig a few guns on it and say it counts. Who knows. The second one, is, I'll need to buy two more venoms...but I like putting these things together anyway, so, who cares, right?

I'm very curious to hear what else you would do now that you've given me some solid feedback...however I warn you that it might awaken the tactical monster in me and I might go on a warthpath. Because I really want to win, however, I want to have fun and win at the same time, AND have fun even if I lose.

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later.   1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2013, 19:13

Actually, with that plugged in, this is what I end up with.

Last edited by Korazell on Wed Apr 10 2013, 00:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later.   1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2013, 19:28

Like I said in the chat, found my math problem... I put raiders in as 70pts for flickerfields instead of 60. Old habit from 5th when you always took them, so I ingrained 70pts for a raider. Just like I have 65pts for a venom memorized (55pts + 10 for second cannon). My bad

I would drop the haywires on the succubi (they really dont need them if the whole squad has them) and change the venom blades to agonisers. Therefore you have some AP3 in the army.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later.   1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2013, 19:34

Done and done! Let me change some things up.

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Replacing lists with legal lists.   1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2013, 19:36

Edited for legality

Last edited by Korazell on Wed Apr 10 2013, 00:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later.   1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2013, 19:43

lol I ment to drop the haywires on the succubi and let the arena champ keep his venomblade. So itll be exactly 1.5k with that (you drop 10 pts, and gain 5pts) also its normally a good idea to never be over. especially when you can be drop something to go under (like a venom blade or haywires are 5 pts for characters)

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later.   1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2013, 19:47

Edited, will be replaced soon.

Last edited by Korazell on Wed Apr 10 2013, 00:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later.   1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01 2013, 22:12

As a general update!

I've handily won two games with this list, the first against an all terminator army of Dark Angels and the second some regular blood angel SPERCE MUHREENS!

The anti armor options are very solid I find in that the ravagers sit in the back and snipe important targets. Turn one in my second match I destroyed a tank and a rhino! It was so helpful for a first turn barrage it left me giddy.

The Trueborn venoms pump out 25 venom shots a piece! It really eats up infantry blobs!

The wytches? They are fantastic. They charged into a sqaud of jump pack marines and handily one, then, in the next turn whittled away the charging tac marines while taking no wounds due to dodge, allowing my second large unit to charge in and join the melee and wipe them all out, including one HQ!

The reavers are priceless and while they didn't see much use the second game, I want more of them for the mobile anti armor and anti infantry capability!

Thank you so much everyone for the help, and a big thank you to shadows!

Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later.   1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01 2013, 22:22

My Ravagers are just Raiders with two extra kabalites with lances.

Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later.   1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02 2013, 14:24

Glad you did well. Now is there anything you would change in the list??? Or do you think it needs more playtesting???

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later.   1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03 2013, 18:40

Uhm, more playtesting probably. So far I've won with just my ravagers, reavers, and wytches alone. Between the two games I've only lost two vehicles, and like seven wytches. That's it. The rest of the game I'm behind cover, zipping up, eliminating units, exploding armor, it's awesome.

I'm looking actually to expand this list to 2000 points and calling my army done at that point. I'm going to flesh it out to 18 reavers, but, beyond that, I'm not too sure on what else to slide in...

Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later.   1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09 2013, 18:31

I just realized I have four elite choices then with the four venoms, augh! I'll redo the list in a moment.

Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later.   1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09 2013, 20:08

I think the Hq's with provide a much needed punch even if a wych or two dies to over-watch.

Last edited by Korazell on Wed Apr 10 2013, 00:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later.   1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09 2013, 20:37

Kor you need to edit your army lists so that the site stays legal, please see the linked sticky about it.

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t1132-posting-lists-from-army-builder-and-simular-programs

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later.   1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09 2013, 23:51

Oh...Oh dear. I didn't even notice that. I'll get right on that. I need to finish up work, then it's a short drive home. First thing I'll fix it.
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Extra coversaves?   1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 00:08

Just wondering why you've bothered with the PGL on your HekatriI? Have you seen the benefit so far in the games you've played?

Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later.   1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 00:24

I have been saved plenty of times on the stealth, and assaulting into cover has been okay. I'm not certain that it is even worth it since the wyches should never be in the open anyway. But, if you lose a raider and have to slog, I really think it's nice for an extra save against over-watch.
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later.   1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 00:43

Well, yeah, that's what i meant, because all your wyches have Plasma Genades so you don't need them for the charging through cover. I just wanted to know if the stealth has ever helped. It just seems situational as you don't get stealth unless the enemy are within 8". I always kit out my Archon with one but it's not been useful against shooting yet, as far as I can recall.
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later.   1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 00:48

It's been hit or miss. My dice seem to love sixs or twos, depending on their fickle mood, so when I get over-watched it really comes in handy, but, for the points, probably not worth it if I had to look long and hard at it.

Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later.   1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 00:50

It's funny isn't it? Sometimes you stick with something because you don't want to rue the day you got caught without it! I was always the same with meltabombs on my CSM, hardly ever got used but, what if?
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later.   1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 00:55

And yes, exactly my point. I'm one that would rather have it in those what ifs that allow some flexibility rather then kick myself later I didn't have it! XD

Also, I just removed the other lists. I didn't even notice I was including the upgrade points, so, this one has no point values in it...Shadow, this is my more, uh, competitive list I came up with, less fluffy.

Code:

+++ DE 1500 (2000pts) +++
+++ 1500pt Dark Eldar 6th Ed (2010) Roster (Primary Detachment)) +++

Selections:

Dark Eldar 6th Ed (2010) (Primary Detachment) Selections:

+ HQ +

* Archon
        (Fleet, Independent Character, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
        Combat Drugs, Ghostplate Armour, Huskblade, Plasma Grenades, Shadow field, Splinter Pistol

* Succubus
        (Dodge, Fleet, Independent Character, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
        Combat Drugs (Combat Drugs), Plasma Grenades, Wychsuit
        * Pistol and Close Combat Weapon
            Agoniser, Splinter Pistol

+ Elites +

* Kabalite Trueborn
        (Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
        * 3x Trueborn
            2x Splinter Cannon, Splinter Rifle
        * Venom
            Flickerfield, Splinter Cannon

* Kabalite Trueborn
        * 3x Trueborn
        * Venom

* Kabalite Trueborn
        * 3x Trueborn
        * Venom

+ Troops +

* Wyches
        (Dodge, Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
        * Hekatrix
            Haywire grenades, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Plasma Grenades, Splinter Pistol, Venom Blade
        * Raider
            Dark Lance
        * 8x Wyches
            8x Haywire grenades, 8x Plasma Grenades, 8x Splinter Pistol and Close Combat Weapon

* Wyches
        * Hekatrix
            Haywire grenades, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Plasma Grenades, Splinter Pistol, Venom Blade
        * Raider
            Dark Lance
        * 8x Wyches
            8x Haywire grenades, 8x Plasma Grenades, 8x Splinter Pistol and Close Combat Weapon

* Wyches
        * Venom
        * 5x Wyches
            5x Haywire grenades, 5x Plasma Grenades, 5x Splinter Pistol and Close Combat Weapon

* Wyches
        * Venom
        * 5x Wyches
            5x Haywire grenades, 5x Plasma Grenades, 5x Splinter Pistol and Close Combat Weapon

+ Fast Attack +

* Beastmasters
        (Night Vision (Entire Unit))
        * 4x Beastmaster
            (Power from Pain)
            4x Close Combat Weapon
        * Khymerae Pack
            5x Khymera (Invulnerable Save (4+))
        * Razorwing Flock
            2x Razorwing Flock (Whirlwind of Blades)
        * Razorwing Flock
        * Razorwing Flock
        * Skyboard
            Splinter Pods

* Reaver Jetbikes
        (Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain, Skilled Riders)
        3x Blaster, 9x Jetbikes
        * Arena Champion Upgrade
            Venom Blade

+ Heavy Support +

* Ravager
        (Aerial Assault, Night Vision)
        Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Dark Lance

* Ravager

* Ravager

Created with BattleScribe
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later.   1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 11:31

I like your new list, I'd drop the Archon in favour of the Baron and put him with the beasts, maybe even look at dropping the Succubus too and possibly one of the Trueborn squads and invest in more troops. Your Baron could easily be made as a Succubus on a skyboard, Lelith would fit well on a board, a little head and weapon swap and you're away!

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later.   1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 15:32

I do have a metal Lelith model that I was given for free from the local hobby store where I play. I suppose I could do that, but, why the Baron, Exactly? What does he give my beasts that makes him worth dropping a heavy combatant from my wyches?

I have done very little conversion work...so the idea with actually, you know, using the Lelith model I have instead of trying to fit her in is nice...if anything that could be a fun project! Thank you for the idea, sky!

I'm not sure if I need the trueborn sqaud or not...I feel that they support my wyches phenomonly as I have one skim close to a raider, get into fire position, disembark wyches, fire the 25 poision shots into the enemy, then the pistols, then a charge, it's great as they usually only have one or two units left that leave smy wytches free to kill them during my enemies turn and then hop back in the raider while the venom scouts for new victims...

But! I'll look it over. Shadow was going to take a look and see what he felt, as he is the one who worked close with me to get my 1500 point list now that has served me very very well. I'm going to do some more playtesting, but, currently I feel Beast-masters are the way to go with a unit with 30+ wounds and the rending is fantastic. I think one squad of nine reavers is potent and with my theme, and I am actually considering dropping a ravager for a razorwing...but not sold on that as firmly.

Also...if I got the baron...I could get some hellions are troops...which could be awesome as they can score....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later.   1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 Wyche cult Army List - casual first, competitive later.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next