THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Hair colour?!

Go down 
+4
Nomic
Mngwa
Lay_Ayanesha
Gherma
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

Hair colour?! Empty
PostSubject: Hair colour?!   Hair colour?! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04 2013, 14:35

Hi guys, I've got a background question for you, because I can't find the answer in any files or story that I've read.

Why dark eldars have all the same hair colour? Because they are a very "closed" and selective race or because they paint their hair all in the same way?.
And there is some source that clearly states that a character (lelith, vect or someone else) has his hair of a precise colour?

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Lay_Ayanesha
Hellion

Hair colour?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair colour?!   Hair colour?! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04 2013, 14:54

As far as I know no story or background article ever mentioned a hair colour?
What do you exactly mean with same haircolour - painted models/ armies or something different?
The reason why most people paint the hairs of their miniatures in the same colour is very simple - it looks better. For units like wyches hairs are part of the painting sceme. But as far as I know there is no background reason for having the same haircolour.
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

Hair colour?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair colour?!   Hair colour?! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04 2013, 15:08

I mean that in almost all the DE army I've seen all the models have the same hair colour, that generally is even a "strange" colour, like red or blu and not a normal colour like blonde or black. So I would like to know if there is some background to support this choice.

Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

Hair colour?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair colour?!   Hair colour?! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04 2013, 15:10

If you want, you can have black hair too, or anything you like.
I read the Trueborn here written by that great guy Thor, people had many different hairs there afro
My DE have red hair though, like it.

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

Hair colour?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair colour?!   Hair colour?! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05 2013, 10:06

I paint all my Wytches with the same hair colour as I consider it to be a part of their "uniform" (they all have red bodysuits, blakc armour and blue hair), much like the plumes in Kabalite helmets (most Wytches go helmetless). For my helmetless Kabalites and Hellions, I figure they can probably dye their hair any way they like, so in addition to more normal black or white hair I also have bright greens, blues and pinks.

As for official models, it's true we haven't really seen Dark Eldar with brown or yellowish hair. They are usually decipted with black hair and sometimes white or red, as well as some wilder colours (like blues or greens) that are probably dyed.

Archon Kheraq Sionyx
Slave
Archon Kheraq Sionyx

Hair colour?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair colour?!   Hair colour?! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06 2013, 01:46

Given that Dark Eldar are very individualistic, I use different colorations for the hair. Even my Wyches have different hair colours, the better to appeal to certain audience members

Battle chant of the Kabal of the Bleeding Claw[i]

In the depths of the Dark city, cute little bunnies and rainbows ain't good for an Archon's health.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

Hair colour?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair colour?!   Hair colour?! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06 2013, 02:02

Think, this is a race that at one point could silence stars. Even though they have fallen from this great height I think that they could manage a bit of hair dye. Razz

Paint them whatever colour you want.

Hair colour?! YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Phototoxin
Kabalite Warrior
Phototoxin

Hair colour?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair colour?!   Hair colour?! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09 2013, 12:21

I tend to go for punk looking almost neon styles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joerogers.info
Khain mor
Sybarite
Khain mor

Hair colour?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair colour?!   Hair colour?! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29 2013, 16:49

My Kabal has no hair color limit. Most of my guys have red or dark green hair, however you also have black, grey, white, some light blue for my future wyches (perfect with their purple armors)

I don't agree that most Kabals have the same hair colors. Some do follow the GW pictures, some don't.

The red is common for a simple reason: blood. It is described they use blood as a hair dye.

The Blue/dark green, comes from the light, very dark types of lights, in most cases they're bluesih or greenish within Commorragh.

They're you've got the flashier colors, to symbolise the pirate/punk attitude. Light blue on wyches, they want to stand out, their love the attention, that's also why they wears leather and show their tits off.

There is a real answer to your hair problem, in the Eldar Paths trilogy. As Cavash said, it's tech based, they can change their colors at will, with some tech. No sure how, but iI do remember one particular scene where the Female future farseer changes her hair, with the push of a button. Civilian Eldar have the weirdest hair styles and colors. They can manipulate hair colors and style with some tech, very handy and a dream for most girls today probably.

Dark Eldar also also quite fashion aware, outside of the battlefield, they love to dress up, eat the finest meals, etc... You can get a glimpse of it in the Dark Eldar Path trilogy. Armor is almost always the same old, though some archons, like the Duke Slicus for example, dress different for each occasion, new decoration for each battle.

BTw I also know the eldar use anti gravity belts and string in their hair, it's not just the color that's high tech.

The Biggest Kabal ever, be sure to check it out if you haven't, old and new units.
The Biggest Dark Eldar Apocalypse force you'll find on the net.

My Eldar Facebook Page, feel free to join. All Eldar factions allowed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254489
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

Hair colour?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair colour?!   Hair colour?! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29 2013, 19:32

Thank you Khain! This is the accurate-bg answer that I'm waiting for!

Sponsored content

Hair colour?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair colour?!   Hair colour?! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hair colour?!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Background
-
Jump to: