THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mug7703
Sybarite

DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k Empty
PostSubject: DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k   DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08 2013, 12:28

Hi all! This is my rather radical idea for an all-out shooting list which includes IG to field some things we can't get. Barrage weapons, decent AA and cheap mobile flame squads.

<---Dark Eldar--->

Hameonculus w/LFG - 60

3 Wracks, Venom w/2xSC - 95
3 Wracks, Venom w/2xSC - 95

5 Warriors w/B, Venom w/2xSC - 125

Ravager - 105
Ravager - 105
Ravager - 105

<---Imperial Guard--->

CCS w/AC - 60

10 Veterans w/3xF - 85

Vendetta - 130

Manticore - 160

= 1,500

So the general tactic is to put out a ridiculous amount of firepower. They can't bunch together for fear of the Manticore ripping apart their army. The fact that they'll have to spread out will mean it's a little bit easier for the Ravagers to pop vehicles. I've taken 6 troops because the Vets can't score. They'll ride in the Vendetta and hopefully drop near an enemy in cover to flame them to death. The Vendetta will be my AA and the Manticore will try to wreak havoc from behind a building (or a wall of Venoms if terrain is sparse). What are people's thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k   DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08 2013, 15:07

How about a demolisher instead of a manticore?

mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k   DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08 2013, 22:56

I hadn't considered one. Are they better than Manticores? I took one because of the damage it does when I face it. The ability to hit anything on the board even if you can't see it is incredible!
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k   DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09 2013, 16:06

personally I think the AP2 arty is better than the manticore, but your have to figure out how to make it (also think its more expensive points wise than the manticore) so idk where you would drop it to fit it in...

Also why flamers on the vets??? see alot of foot horde where your at??? I would think your venoms would be able to atleast put a dent on it, especially when backed by pie plates

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k   DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 12:10

I think the 24" range would be a bit limiting. I'd thought of using a Basilisk. What are your thoughts on that?
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k   DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 17:16

the ap2 arty (I think its called the the colossus) is 48" isnt it??? well its atleast 36"...

A bassie is nice, but it a weird place. Its not as scary as a manticore, but not useless either. Personally I would take the manticore over the bassie due to the multiple shots you get

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k   DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14 2013, 20:54

Shadows Revenge wrote:
the ap2 arty (I think its called the the colossus) is 48" isnt it??? well its atleast 36"...

A bassie is nice, but it a weird place. Its not as scary as a manticore, but not useless either. Personally I would take the manticore over the bassie due to the multiple shots you get

The colossus is very long range but only S6 AP3. Do you mean the Medusa? That one is 36" range at S10 AP2.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k   DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15 2013, 15:58

yah, that one. Consider the only time you will be outranged is across the board, I think its a steal. The only problem is it isnt barrage if I remember right, which means you need line of sight, but other than that, a S10 AP2 large blast ftw

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k   DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16 2013, 01:22

Shadows Revenge wrote:
yah, that one. Consider the only time you will be outranged is across the board, I think its a steal. The only problem is it isnt barrage if I remember right, which means you need line of sight, but other than that, a S10 AP2 large blast ftw

Hmmm I think some games with other tanks used as proxy will help me decide what's best. Thanks for the advice though. You mentioned some ideas I'd not thought of before.
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k   DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16 2013, 03:26

Take marlboro..I mean rambo. His rules scream dark eldar plus he comes with explosives.

Another option other than eldar would be tau.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k   DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16 2013, 07:29

Marbo would be nice, but he is really only an infiltrating (or deepstriking) demo charge. That's it. he really doesn't do anything else. While it works for a pure guard army giving them some sniping capability, a fast DE army doesn't really need it. Although I do think he is a cool character fluff wise Razz

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k   DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16 2013, 09:37

Shadows Revenge wrote:
Marbo would be nice, but he is really only an infiltrating (or deepstriking) demo charge. That's it. he really doesn't do anything else. While it works for a pure guard army giving them some sniping capability, a fast DE army doesn't really need it. Although I do think he is a cool character fluff wise Razz

Yes! I absolutely love him. He's basically Rambo. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k   DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16 2013, 14:40

he is also very cheap too, so it wouldnt take much to throw him into the list. If he is worth it though is a different story... Mug, are you an experienced guard player??? If so I would say give him a try and see if he synergizes well with the army. If you arent, I would say skip on him for now, and just try the basics of guard out before you start playing with their more snazzy features (like marbo)

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Squierboy
Kabalite Warrior
Squierboy

PostSubject: Re: DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k   DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16 2013, 19:07

I would consider dropping the artillery and replacing it with a 2nd vendetta. The CCS can then ride in it. I know the flyers have to squadron-up, but you can load the CCS out with 4 special wepaons to support the vets, and then they don't have to sit at the back doing very little. I also agree the flamers could be exchanged for plasma or melta which would better fill a hole in the DE capability. Depends what you typically face.

Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k   DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16 2013, 19:18

Regarding 24" range.
a 6*4 table is 72*48 inches
a 4*4 is 48*48 inches

Deployed front and centre of your DZ, you are 36" from the side, and 36" from the enemy edge, 50" on the diagonal.
A 6" move reduces that to 30" and 44".
Theres very little of the board it cant hit, corner pockets and running off the board strip

I used them in the last guard codex, people laughed, and then ate S10AP2, and then died.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k   DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE with IMPERIAL GUARD Allies list! 1.5k
Page 1 of 1