THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 point Wych Cult . 5 games. Game 2: Vs. Orks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

2000 point Wych Cult . 5 games. Game 2: Vs. Orks Empty
PostSubject: 2000 point Wych Cult . 5 games. Game 2: Vs. Orks   2000 point Wych Cult . 5 games. Game 2: Vs. Orks I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2013, 15:49

Went to a leauge (5 weeks) and decided to bring a "fun" rather than competitive list. It's not an easy list, as I like to win, but it is not a dual force org 11 venom list either.

My List:
Duke Siccius

5x 5 Wyches / hekatrix/ venom blade/ hydra gauntlets/ haywire
Venom/ xtra splinter cannon

Ravager 3x disintegrator

10 warriors/ splinter cannon

9 jetbikes/ 3x caltrops/ 3x heat lance/ champ/ venom blade

2x void raven bombers w/ flickerfield/ 2x shatterfields

Aegis defence line with iccarus lascannon

ALLIES:
Farseer w/ runes of warding
5 dire avengers

Orks:
warboss with a bunch of nobs in a battlewagon/ deff rolla
2x 30 shoota boyz
2 deff dreads (1 was scoring somehow)
10 lootas
some guy that floated around giving 5+ cover saves
Plane. (fightabomba?)

ALLIES
Demon prince of Tzeetch with ap3 flamer
10 chaos marines with plasma

Mission:
Primary: the relic
Secondary: objectives
plus 1 pt for slay the warlord, linebreaker and first blood

Deployment:
Diagonal

Orks won first turn, I did not seize. no night fight.

Both traits were useless.

Combat Drug = Pain tokens all around! Whoot!

Setup:

The orks deployed with the lootas in the back corner, and everything else up on the line. His plan was simple... drown the Dark Eldar in a tide of green smelly death. His av 14 tank and demon prince was on my left, both deff dreads on my right, and the middle was crowded with boyz.

Fearing the lootas, I deployed almost everything out of los or range of those damnable things. My aegis was in the back, with the farseer in contact with the laser (BS 5). The duke was in contact also (BS6), with the warriors strung out alongside. This way, if either unit was shot at they could go to ground for a 2+, while still shooting the gun at a very high BS. I kept the ravager back a bit, but aimed at the battlewagon. I know that the deffrolla is murder to other vehicles and units, so that was a target priority. Everything else was clumped in my backfield, away from the lootas.

So, after deployment, I took stock of what had to die first. The main threats were the demon prince, the battlewagon and the lootas. He was going to get the relic, there was no stopping that. My plan was to whittle down the relic unit in later turns of the game.

Turn 1- Orks
He moved as expected. His prince jumped to flying, his battlewagon roared 13" (red paint job) at the thick of my army, the ork boyz moved forward, as did the dreads. the chaos marines hit up some cover in his deployment zone and set up camp.
Shooting saw only 2 warriors wounded by the lootas, and they both made the aegis save.

Dark Eldar turn 1:
Preciense was cast on a venom.
Moved most of the venoms up to threaten the flyer and wagon. ignored the other half of the table completely.
Jetbikes moved out to prepare to turbo. Ravager lined up to be able to shoot either the prince or the hq if the battleqwagon was destroyed.
2 units of wyches moved up 6, deployed 6 and were close to his battlewagon.

Shooting started with the icarus on his prince. Hit, saved, did not fall.
Preciensed venom on his prince. 4 hits, 1 wound, did not fall. It took ALL 5 VENOMS including the wyches (in 3 of them) to kill the stupid thing, and it never fell! It is dead but still floating around up there somewhere. Rolling Eyes FIRST BLOOD

Wyches by the battlewagon both threw grenades, taking 2 hull points.

Jetbikes turboed over the lootas, doing 21 wounds, killing them all. Pain token #2

HTh-
Wyches charged and destroyed the wagon. Passengers not pinned.

ORKS turn 2-
no plane
He grabbed the relic with a 30 man squad, moved the other 30 man squad to handle the bikes, and pretty much kept moving forward. His dreads were a threat now.. next turn they could flamer and charge.

Shooting saw an ungodly number of shots at the jetbikes. Due to poor "to Hit" rolling, the 3+ 5+ and decent rolling on my part, not a bike was lost.

He went to combat, and assaulted 1 wych unit with his nobs, and assaulted the bikes with his 30 man squad.
Stand and shoot saw the nobs take 1 wound.
the 30 man squad needed a "7" to reach me. He rolled a "7".
My stand and shoot saw an ork take a heat lance to the face, killing him and keeping him out of charge range! cheers

HTH saw the venom blade take a wound off a nob, but all 5 wyches were wiped. They consolidated 1", and were all in a small, tight circle!

Dark Eldar turn 2:
Both jets in.
Preciense on the ravager

the wyches by the nobs moved off to claim an objective on his side of the table. With the wagon gone, and the prince, and what was about to happen to his squad, the threat was gone.
Everything else shuffled for better position and shots. the Jetbikes jumped out ready to turbo again.

Voidraven #1 flew over the nobs, dropping the bomb and left only the lord standing.
Voidraven #2 flew over the closest dred, and took it out of the game with its bomb.

Missles from #2 saw the 30 man squad that harrassed my bikes cut in half. Missles from #1 saw the chaos marine squad down to 3 models.

Shooting from the warriors and venoms, as well as the turbo by the jetbikes saw the relic holding 30 man squad down to 3 Orks. they passed LD.

The farseer took a shot with the cannon at the other dred, taking a hull point and imobolising it.

then the ravager took out the warlord. Didn't even need prescience! SLAY THE WARLORD

Orks turn 3:
Plane in.

He knew he was in trouble. His kill tally so far is 5 wyches.
He lost the battlewagon, the nob squad, his warlord, the demon prince, 10 lootas, 1 deff dread, 1 30 man squad was down to 3, the chaos marines were down to 3, and the other 30 man squad was at half.

He called a waagh, but not much he could do. The plane was shot at by the farseer (intercept) and he dodged, but still took a hullpoint.

His dred was repaired by a grot rigger.

His squads moved at each other to pass off the relic, but could not do it this round.

His marines shot a plasma at a venom, destroying it.

Dark Eldar turn 3:
Movement was me going in for the kill. Everything lined up on what needed to die, and got ready. Both voidravens dropped into hover mode.

After the shooting was done, he had a single plane left on the board. He just shook my hand at that point.

Max Points Dark Eldar

I lost 1 venom and 1 squad of wyches. king

So, next week I am playing to stay in first place against a chaos marine/ demon list with a hellturkey, LOC, demon prince, nurgle oblits, typhus w/30 cultists, etc etc.
I think i will lose more models than this time! Very Happy

Squierboy
Kabalite Warrior
Squierboy

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Wych Cult . 5 games. Game 2: Vs. Orks   2000 point Wych Cult . 5 games. Game 2: Vs. Orks I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2013, 18:04

Nice report, some fun moments!

Note that our flyers don't have the option to enter hover mode, we can only zoom around.

Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Wych Cult . 5 games. Game 2: Vs. Orks   2000 point Wych Cult . 5 games. Game 2: Vs. Orks I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2013, 20:15

Ah crap. i did not know that. I thought all flyers could go to skimmer mode.

Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Wych Cult . 5 games. Game 2: Vs. Orks   2000 point Wych Cult . 5 games. Game 2: Vs. Orks I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2013, 02:57

I still love wyches with haywires. If you can get them into combat in tact they can still tarpit, but a pain token first is almost a necessity.

Nice report.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Wych Cult . 5 games. Game 2: Vs. Orks   2000 point Wych Cult . 5 games. Game 2: Vs. Orks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 point Wych Cult . 5 games. Game 2: Vs. Orks
Page 1 of 1