THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000pt kabal/coven army list needs advice (beginner)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Exquisite Dawn
Slave

2000pt kabal/coven army list needs advice (beginner) Empty
PostSubject: 2000pt kabal/coven army list needs advice (beginner)   2000pt kabal/coven army list needs advice (beginner) I_icon_minitimeWed May 15 2013, 17:32

Archon w/ 5incubi
Haemonculus w/ wracks 5 in raider
Haemonculus w/ 3grotesques in wwp

5scourges
3reavers

10kw in raider
10kw in raider
10wyches

Talos
Ravager

I need advice please Smile
Back to top Go down
Megatron
Hellion
Megatron

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt kabal/coven army list needs advice (beginner)   2000pt kabal/coven army list needs advice (beginner) I_icon_minitimeThu May 16 2013, 02:02

Exquisite Dawn wrote:
Archon w/ 5incubi
Haemonculus w/ wracks 5 in raider
Haemonculus w/ 3grotesques in wwp

5scourges
3reavers

10kw in raider
10kw in raider
10wyches

Talos
Ravager

I need advice please Smile

5 wracks in a raider with a haemonculus are not going to do a single thing. Bump the squad up to 9 with a liquifier gun and upgrade one wrack to an acothyst for the leadership bonus.

3 grotesques and a haemonculus coming out of a wwp is not menacing at all. I do not like wwp's in 6th edition because you cannot assault out of them, but if you are going for wwp bump your grotesque squad to a higher number like 6, also upgrade one to an aberration with a flesh gauntlet. Take a liquifier gun as well, the alternative to the build I just explained would be 4 grotesques with a haemonculus stuffed into a raider. Keep the aberration build the same.

5 scourges and 3 reavers won't do anything. Equip the scourges with haywire blasters, and the reavers with heat lances.

I would run my Kalabite warriors in 5 man squads packed into a venom with a blaster and extra splinter cannon on your venoms. This build only runs you 125 points.

Wyches I have no clue on how to run them, but I'm sure they need haywire grenades.

I run my Talos with a twin linked liquifier only 5 points, and will be a boon for you.

Ravager is fine

If you are going to play wwp I suggest taking 2 because a seasoned opponent will try to nuke your haemonculus squad. Revamp your list, then we will continue, also what kind of list do you want fun, semi-competitive, competitive.
Back to top Go down
bklooste
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt kabal/coven army list needs advice (beginner)   2000pt kabal/coven army list needs advice (beginner) I_icon_minitimeThu May 16 2013, 03:40

In a 2000 poiint list i would start with 6 Ravangers , thats 18 very cost effective Dark lances , which means you dont need anything else vs vehicles .

Agree 5 wracks are a waste of space. Unless your low on points .. I also dont like the 5 squad warriors - they are ok but they are ok but if your using it for the venom then 3 Wracks can do it more cost effective eg 95 for the 2 scatter cannons and your not really going to get closer than 36" .

If your getting the Haywire why not just run 5 wyches in a venom . If they take it out its not a huge loss and you can use it to go after the AV 13 vehicles. At 2000 points your opponent will have a lot of firepower so i dont see there tranport getting close to combat being your only assault unit.

So either get none or 3 assault units eg incubi and Wracks are really good and MUCH more likely to survive their tranport getting taken out. Incubi are so good that you only want 6 or 7 since you dont want your opponent dead in 1 turn. Hence i like to take 6 or 7 incubi + Hemi , 5 Wyches ( which can assault weakened units later in the game but is maninly vs heavy vehicles) , 10 Wracks with 2 liquifier guns.

I personally like 3 true borns with Nightshields sure they are an attractive target but they can only be targetted by their heavy weapons . If youre running 6 Ravengers you dont need the blasters so 3 true borns in a venom with night shield with 4 splinter cannons , this costs 141 vs 125 for 5 warriors but has twice the firepower at 36" and is more survivable with the night shield. 24 shots from 1 unit at 36" is nice..

Scourges and reavers dont do much ..

Agrea wwp is bad you got 4 guys comming out and standing there for a turn. They are not threating but an easy kill for short and medium range ( get 1 guys and they they need a Ld check)
Back to top Go down
Megatron
Hellion
Megatron

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt kabal/coven army list needs advice (beginner)   2000pt kabal/coven army list needs advice (beginner) I_icon_minitimeThu May 16 2013, 03:51

bklooste wrote:
In a 2000 poiint list i would start with 6 Ravangers , thats 18 very cost effective Dark lances , which means you dont need anything else vs vehicles .

Agree 5 wracks are a waste of space. Unless your low on points .. I also dont like the 5 squad warriors - they are ok but they are ok but if your using it for the venom then 3 Wracks can do it more cost effective eg 95 for the 2 scatter cannons and your not really going to get closer than 36" .

If your getting the Haywire why not just run 5 wyches in a venom . If they take it out its not a huge loss and you can use it to go after the AV 13 vehicles. At 2000 points your opponent will have a lot of firepower so i dont see there tranport getting close to combat being your only assault unit.

So either get none or 3 assault units eg incubi and Wracks are really good and MUCH more likely to survive their tranport getting taken out. Incubi are so good that you only want 6 or 7 since you dont want your opponent dead in 1 turn. Hence i like to take 6 or 7 incubi + Hemi , 5 Wyches ( which can assault weakened units later in the game but is maninly vs heavy vehicles) , 10 Wracks with 2 liquifier guns.

I personally like 3 true borns with Nightshields sure they are an attractive target but they can only be targetted by their heavy weapons . If youre running 6 Ravengers you dont need the blasters so 3 true borns in a venom with night shield with 4 splinter cannons , this costs 141 vs 125 for 5 warriors but has twice the firepower at 36" and is more survivable with the night shield. 24 shots from 1 unit at 36" is nice..

Scourges and reavers dont do much ..

Agrea wwp is bad you got 4 guys comming out and standing there for a turn. They are not threating but an easy kill for short and medium range ( get 1 guys and they they need a Ld check)

Good cover on the wyches and incubi considering I have no experience whatsoever with them. The double foc is a good option, however many hobby clubs and tournaments I have been in do not allow them. Remember to take 2 HQ choices to unlock, and with the new elder codex coming out do not shy away from looking into allies. I would also say that your meta will depend of how you utilize your heavy support slots, I would definitely try to go at.eat 4 ravagers, and leave the last two slots for void raven bombers with flicker fields, coupled with an aegis defense line with quad gun you will have ample anti air firepower.
Back to top Go down
bklooste
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt kabal/coven army list needs advice (beginner)   2000pt kabal/coven army list needs advice (beginner) I_icon_minitimeThu May 16 2013, 07:16

In version 5 wyches were good value , i now think Incubi and Wracks are better value when 'mounted' since your more likely to survive with a useable unit after it explodes. Wyches are still ok but in my list there roll is to tarpit big guys , hold terminators , assault weakend units and tank hunting but Incubi are my big assaulters and Wracks are my objective assaulters.

Is it worth getting the void ravens ?

6 Ravengers can take care of any air - thats 3 hits .. if you can be bothered , your going to be pretty mobile so its worth learning to move to where his air will not be..i admit im learning it but my mate does it well even vs all the Necos in our Meta. Ignore the air and take everything else out first.

Also Turn 1 , 6 Ravengers move 12" thats 18 shots and a lot of enemy APC/ Tanks dead.

Agree on the new eldar Codex...even now 3/6 Ravengers and 3 war walkers with the psych protection is 'nice'... we rely on flimsy vehicles so the more LR firepower we have the better our survival and the more chance of getting the assaults in.
Back to top Go down
Exquisite Dawn
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt kabal/coven army list needs advice (beginner)   2000pt kabal/coven army list needs advice (beginner) I_icon_minitimeThu May 16 2013, 16:26

My friends have increased the max points to 2500, so that gives me more room.
Before I put together another list I have a few questions:

Should I move incubi as my main assualt and have two more units of 5?
Can some kind archon tell me what vehicles to get and how many?
What should I completely throw out of my list?

Back to top Go down
Exquisite Dawn
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt kabal/coven army list needs advice (beginner)   2000pt kabal/coven army list needs advice (beginner) I_icon_minitimeThu May 16 2013, 16:31

Are there anything scourges and reavers can be used for?
Back to top Go down
Exquisite Dawn
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt kabal/coven army list needs advice (beginner)   2000pt kabal/coven army list needs advice (beginner) I_icon_minitimeThu May 16 2013, 18:12

how's this? we are semi competitive, and the pts are at 2000

Archon w/ 7 incubi in raider
haemonculus w/ 9 wracks in raider
haemonculus w/ 4 grotesques in raider
10 warriors
10 warriors
10 wyches
6 incubi
6 incubi
Talos w/ twin linked liquifier + chainflails
ravager
ravager
razorwing
razorwing

=1950

Last edited by Exquisite Dawn on Thu May 16 2013, 18:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
craigyy
Hellion
craigyy

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt kabal/coven army list needs advice (beginner)   2000pt kabal/coven army list needs advice (beginner) I_icon_minitimeThu May 16 2013, 18:38

Do be careful with double posting, the mods will tell you off for this!

Try to use the edit button which is at the header of your posts Smile

In regards to the list you just posted, is everything stock or have you just not mentioned the upgrades?

wracks and haemonculus for example really benefit from a good liquifier and ravagers could be a lot more survivable with nightshields.

I'm no expert as I'm just really starting out myself, but one thing you may want to consider is you do only have 4 scoring units which isn't really a lot for a game of this size
Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt kabal/coven army list needs advice (beginner)   2000pt kabal/coven army list needs advice (beginner) I_icon_minitimeThu May 16 2013, 18:59

I've only played a few small games myself, so I'll leave comment on your list to those better qualified. But the one general piece of advice I'd give to a beginner (as you say you are, though I don't know whether you're new to 40k entirely or only to DE) is to start out with some small games, rather than 2000-2500 points (which is pretty big). This way you get a sense of what works for you. There are units that some players swear by while others won't touch.
Back to top Go down
Exquisite Dawn
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt kabal/coven army list needs advice (beginner)   2000pt kabal/coven army list needs advice (beginner) I_icon_minitimeThu May 16 2013, 19:09

i haven't thought out the upgrades much at the moment, but i will post when i do. and thanks for the help, im new here Very Happy as for the units, thanks again, i will raise it to 2500 and run more kabalites and wracks with some space for upgrades and maybe some venoms.. also, how do you delete posts? i cant seem to find it Neutral
Back to top Go down
Exquisite Dawn
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt kabal/coven army list needs advice (beginner)   2000pt kabal/coven army list needs advice (beginner) I_icon_minitimeThu May 16 2013, 19:17

Ben_S wrote:
I've only played a few small games myself, so I'll leave comment on your list to those better qualified. But the one general piece of advice I'd give to a beginner (as you say you are, though I don't know whether you're new to 40k entirely or only to DE) is to start out with some small games, rather than 2000-2500 points (which is pretty big). This way you get a sense of what works for you. There are units that some players swear by while others won't touch.

i am quite new to 40k, and i understand what you are saying. i am playing small games at the moment with a battleforce and haemy with wracks and scourges, and sometimes bigger (1000-1500), but me and my friends are looking for our current army to be our main army for years and are going to play competitively, however, i might discuss lowering the points with them..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt kabal/coven army list needs advice (beginner)   2000pt kabal/coven army list needs advice (beginner) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000pt kabal/coven army list needs advice (beginner)
Page 1 of 1