THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1250pts Beginner Warrior Kabal/Trueborn List

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Serpent Lord
Slave
The Serpent Lord

1250pts Beginner Warrior Kabal/Trueborn  List Empty
PostSubject: 1250pts Beginner Warrior Kabal/Trueborn List   1250pts Beginner Warrior Kabal/Trueborn  List I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06 2014, 00:03

Hello fellow denizens of the dark city,

Here is the list I'm thinking of running, I'm very new to the game and want a list that can incorporate Eldar (maybe even chaos) allies in the future.  Let us know what you think (I'm slightly worried about anti vehicle).  Also is it worth magnetising troops or the different kind of missile set ups on the Ravenwing?  Or buying Ravages instead of Raiders and magnetizing them?

Kabal of the Creators of Fun 1234pts

-HQ-

Duke Sliscus the Serpent
150pts

Haemonculus
Splinter pistol, Close Combat Weapon, Liquifier gun
60pts

-Elite-

Kabalite Trueborn-

5 x trueborn (4 Splinter Rifle, 1 splinter canon), Venom (flickerfield, splinter cannon)
135pts

Kabalite Trueborn-
5 x trueborn (4 Blaster, 1 splinter canon), Venom (flickerfield, splinter cannon) 195pts

Kabalite Trueborn- The Duke to ride with these guys
10 x trueborn (9 splinter Rifle, 1 splinter canon), Raider (flickerfield, Dark Lance, Splinter Racks) 188pts

-Troops-

Kabalite Warriors-
10 x warriors (9 splinter Rifle, 1 splinter canon), Raider (flickerfield, Dark Lance, Splinter Racks) 180pts

Kabalite Warriors- The Haemy to ride with these guys
10 x warriors (10 splinter Rifle), Raider (flickerfield, Dark Lance, Splinter Racks) 161pts

-Heavy Support-

Razorwing Fighter
(4 x MonoScythe Missiles, flickerfield, 2 x DarkLance, Splinter Cannon) 165pts

Possible future additions to this list include Pain Engines, Eldar Farseer etc. Also any recomendations for other nice units would be nice too.

Thanks,

Serpent Lord
Back to top Go down
sephiroth081184
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1250pts Beginner Warrior Kabal/Trueborn List   1250pts Beginner Warrior Kabal/Trueborn  List I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2014, 17:48

The first thing that popped to mind is that you are running 10 trueborn+duke in a raider. The raider has room for only 10 models. I would also run that same squad as Kabalite warriors instead of trueborns as the Splinter cannon doesnt benefit from Splinter racks and the Warriors are cheaper pr. model.

I would also run the 5 x trueborn (4 Splinter Rifle, 1 splinter canon) as a squad of 3x Trueborn with 2 Splinter cannons.

I would see if i could get another 3x trueborns with 2x Cannons to the list since the above would free up an elite spot.

I am having a hard time seeing what role the Haemy fits in this ranged army. His liquifier works up close and the kabalites dont want to get too close as they can get charged/Rapidfired upon. Nightshields works nice for raiders with kabalite Warriors btw.

A flyer is nice, but i would perhaps take a Ravager instead and see what the extra points can buy. Perhaps an extra Splinterborn squad in a Venom, as mentioned above or some Haywire wyches in a venom as you are quite low on Anti Tank. With the changes i suggested above and the removal of the Razorwing and Haemy, perhaps you can get 2 Ravagers. Im too lazy to add up the points here atm, forgive me:)

Those are the small tweaks i would address and change up a bit before going into battle
Back to top Go down
The Serpent Lord
Slave
The Serpent Lord

PostSubject: Re: 1250pts Beginner Warrior Kabal/Trueborn List   1250pts Beginner Warrior Kabal/Trueborn  List I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12 2014, 06:10

Ok mate, thanks for the advice. I did not know that you could run 5 trueborn with 2 splinter cannons! I was mainly just bringing the haemy for the pain token. I'm thinking of actually creating a wych cult which will use a haemy... List to come soon.
Back to top Go down
sephiroth081184
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1250pts Beginner Warrior Kabal/Trueborn List   1250pts Beginner Warrior Kabal/Trueborn  List I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12 2014, 09:48

You can run a unit of 3! trueborns with 2 splinter cannons Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1250pts Beginner Warrior Kabal/Trueborn List   1250pts Beginner Warrior Kabal/Trueborn  List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1250pts Beginner Warrior Kabal/Trueborn List
Page 1 of 1