THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wings of Ebony Sign Up Thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Noctus Cornix
Kabalite Warrior
Noctus Cornix

Wings of Ebony Sign Up Thread Empty
PostSubject: Wings of Ebony Sign Up Thread   Wings of Ebony Sign Up Thread I_icon_minitimeMon May 20 2013, 13:38

-Rules
1. You must post in 3rd person paragraph form. No chat speak, no ‘**’ please.
2. Each post has a two paragraph minimum. Please note that a paragraph can be as little as 3 sentences if need be. I just want to see strong, thought out posts.
3. No Godmodding. I cannot express this enough. By no means should you ever kill enemies on your own, dodge an attack that I have said you have, give yourself free stuff or complete conversations with NPCs that I have not approved. Not only is it against the rules, but is also rude to me and your fellow players. Please keep that in mind.
4. You do not control the battlefield. Meaning no starship will come to save you, no allies coming out of the walls or your luck managing to give you a dark lance just lying on the ground. I will control the world but you are free to move about and control your character at your leisure.
5. I am the GM and Narrator of this story. Please understand and respect that. You may logically object to my decisions and I may change it if you prove correct, but do not make an argument about it. I make the Final Say.
6. I am your enemy.(Meaning I play as your enemy, and I will act just as your enemy would) I aim to hurt you and I will not hold back. My RPs are brutal and realistic. If you are fast on your feet and creative, you will come out on top. If you are slow, you will find yourself in an early grave.
7. I HAVE NO PROBLEM KILLING CHARACTERS. Although it is rare, and I do not intentionally just because I want to, you can die. Souls are lost in the grim 41st Millennium, and your characters are no different. This RP is all about the narrative and you need to understand that
8. You are Dark Eldar. You live a society based around hedonistic violence, sex, drugs, and betrayal left and right. You should not feel morally restricted by any human set of ethics and embrace the dark path, so long as you keep within the boundaries of the site rules. A.K.A. Don’t break the site rules, guys.

Note. ) I know my rules may seem harsh and I agree it’s not for everyone, but I believe that strict rules help to organize a better more in depth RP for everyone, and if you are willing to look past that, I hope you will find a very fun and fulfilling story waiting for you all.

*** I am accepting anywhere between three and six members for this first RP.

RP Synopsis-
So, today folks, I think we're going to try a little thought experiment of mine. The intention of mine to create RPs on this forum has always been with the intent to explore the dark yet fascinating workings of Commoragh and its inhabitants. While that is still the goal, we're going to try doing things from a different perspective this time. Rather than focusing on a Kabal or a band of merecenaries for a much longer RP that can run on for several campaigns, I've decided to instead create a series of much smaller, compartmentalized RPs, each one based around a sellective group of individuals that form essential cogs in the machine of the Dark City. This can run from Incubi and Wracks to the more obscure Harlequins. But first, we're going to start with one of my absolute favorite sect, Scourges. In this RP, you will play as a small cell of freshly blooded Scourges (either only gone on a few missions or only just earned your wings. Your choice) for the 'Carrion Host' an information broker sect like most Scourge hosts that specializes in the safe passage of information across Commoragh.... But nothing's ever that easy in the Dark City and no one has ever taught the Dark Eldar the age old saying of 'Dont Shoot the Messenger'. Wink

Character Sheet Skeleton-

This is the specific Skeleton you must use for your Character Profile. Please use it.

Username: (Self Explanatory)
Character Name: (Self Explanatory)
Age: (Debatable but I’d say keep it to a few hundred years but nothing really past a thousand)
Origins: (Where does your character come from and what did they do before they joined the Host)
Service History: (What has your character done in service to the Host )
Specialty: (What is your character best at? Keep in mind the role of your squad and that it should complement that of your squad mate’s)
Personality: (What’s your character like?)
Appearance: (What does your character look like?)
Equipment: (See Character Skeleton notes for details keep in mind that a majority of the enemies you'll be fighting will be Dark Eldar)
Other: (Anything Else you would like to let us know?)
Example Post: (Show me what you can do with your character. Standard posting rules apply )

Notes-)
Equipment- All members automatically start off with Ghostplate Armour, a Shard Carbine, a Splinter Pistol, three haywire grenades, and a standard close combat weapon of their choice (ranging from a rifle bayonet, a serrated knife, monofilament wire, to a sword. It’s up to you).
-Any member may replace their share carbine with a splinter rifle
-Any member may replace their haywire grenades with plasma grenades
-Only one member may replace their shard carbine with a Dark Lance, heat lance, Heexrifle, or a Splinter Cannon*
-Up to two members may replace their shard carbine with a shredder, haywire blaster or a blaster*
-Only one member may replace their close combat weapon with a power weapon or an agoniser
-Any member who does not take any of the previous upgrades can take a second standard close combat weapon of their choice for free
* = First come, first served

I havent decided if I'm completely satisfied with the upgrade options so do note that it is subject to change and I'm sorry if I have to change them on you in the future. I’m sure I probably missed something, so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. 

Hope you like it.

Scraps of red flesh that is splayed all around....
These are a few of my favorite things....
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Wings of Ebony Sign Up Thread   Wings of Ebony Sign Up Thread I_icon_minitimeMon May 20 2013, 16:03

Excellent!

Username: facelessabsalom
Character Name: Sarele Illhiryx
Origins: Sarele started off his tale of survival in the streets of low Commorragh, where he lived most of his life alone. Already at a very early age he had to struggle to survive and often starved, facing death almost everyday. On one day, he lay on the cold hard stairs to the entrance of one of the many spires of the Dark City. He was so weak he could not even move or speak, he had been laying there for days crippled after being tortured by Hellion gangs. On that day, he would die he knew. Slaanesh was waiting, after 20 years of survival in the streets, his life would end today. But his sheer will for survival forced him to attempt one last time to fight. Sarele opened his mouth and stick out his tounge slowly. In desperation he reached with his tounge for something, anything for a long moment. Then suddenly a drop of blood hit his tounge. Then another one, and another one. Soon Sarele was drinking drops of blood, having been able to move from his previous position. His strength was returning, he would live! And he opened his eyes, staring up towards the tip of the spires. There he saw it, a Scourge. Looking straight back at him. The Scourge rested on an impaled body at the edge of the spire, the corpse was still bleeding. Now the Scourge extended its wings and swooped down towards Sarele. After that day, Sarele was accepted into the "Carrion Host".

Service History: (Nothing, first day at job.)
Specialty: Survival. Sarele have lived and survived the some of the toughest streets even for DE standards. This means he knows alot about different illness, first aid, scavenging, edible things, environmental hazards and how to sustain his need for agony and pain.
He is also good at pick-pocketting, this was his primary income source.

Personality: Lonewolf and patient.
Appearance: Blue and black feathers instead of hair, razor sharp teeth , total black eyes, pale skin, taller than most DE, sleek and thin, talons as feet and long slender fingers with sharp nails. The feather hair is raised upwards.

Equipment: Blaster, talons and razor sharp teeth (count as close combat weapon if it is ok)
Other: Not yet
Example Post: Will return later for this!

Cult of Bladed Violet & Kabal of Violet Storm - DE army

The Ovatan Dynasty - Necron army
Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: Wings of Ebony Sign Up Thread   Wings of Ebony Sign Up Thread I_icon_minitimeMon May 20 2013, 18:56

If I had more time, I would certainly sign up! But unfortunately I haven't and I can't in all conscience commit to time I can't be sure of having ... which is er, annoying, PG version. But you can be sure I will be reading avidly Very Happy

Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Wings of Ebony Sign Up Thread   Wings of Ebony Sign Up Thread I_icon_minitimeThu May 23 2013, 12:11

Noctus Cornix wrote:

Example Post: (Show me what you can do with your character. Standard posting rules apply )

Was wondering if it would suffice for you to check in Vengeance Resplendant as an example of my post?

Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Wings of Ebony Sign Up Thread   Wings of Ebony Sign Up Thread I_icon_minitimeMon May 27 2013, 14:57

Any luck with this going to roll? I need more RPs because I'm constantly waiting for updates :p

Back to top Go down
Noctus Cornix
Kabalite Warrior
Noctus Cornix

PostSubject: Re: Wings of Ebony Sign Up Thread   Wings of Ebony Sign Up Thread I_icon_minitimeMon May 27 2013, 17:28

Given that you're the only person who's signed up so far, not likely.

Back to top Go down
Noctus Cornix
Kabalite Warrior
Noctus Cornix

PostSubject: Re: Wings of Ebony Sign Up Thread   Wings of Ebony Sign Up Thread I_icon_minitimeWed May 29 2013, 14:54

Due to lack of interest, RP signup will be closed for now. There's always the option to try close in at a later date.

Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: Wings of Ebony Sign Up Thread   Wings of Ebony Sign Up Thread I_icon_minitimeWed May 29 2013, 15:14

That's a shame but maybe by then I will have more time to play and can join in Smile

Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Wings of Ebony Sign Up Thread   Wings of Ebony Sign Up Thread I_icon_minitimeWed May 29 2013, 16:04

Too bad. Sign me up though Razz

Back to top Go down
Zarathustra
Slave
Zarathustra

PostSubject: Re: Wings of Ebony Sign Up Thread   Wings of Ebony Sign Up Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25 2013, 07:21

I wish I had come to this site earlier! I'd love to be part of this RP if it ever gets going.

PostSubject: Re: Wings of Ebony Sign Up Thread   Wings of Ebony Sign Up Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1