THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

When can we expect 2nd waves of recent army releases?

Go down 
+2
KnightSeerValkia
Gobsmakked
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

When can we expect 2nd waves of recent army releases? Empty
PostSubject: When can we expect 2nd waves of recent army releases?   When can we expect 2nd waves of recent army releases? I_icon_minitimeWed May 22 2013, 07:19

Given the pace that GW has now set itself to release new codexes, alternating 40K and WFB each month - if they can keep it up, when do you think we will see any 2nd-wave releases?

There are two questions here - given the pace of their new releases, can GW turn out enough material for multiple waves for each army? And, if they can, when will they fit them into their schedule? We have all seen the projections for the rest of this year, and it looks fully booked up with Apoc and more new 40K codexes.

DE, of course, are still missing quite few characters, including our fearless leader. And the Void Raven bomber. But we did at least get two waves of new models after our new codex arrived, which was not unusual. However, recently-released armies including Tau, Dark Angels, Chaos Daemons and Chaos Space Marines have not yet had a hint of a follow-up release. CSM was done in October 2012. I think Necrons, released November 2011, were the last to have multiple waves, weren't they?
Back to top Go down
KnightSeerValkia
Kabalite Warrior
KnightSeerValkia

PostSubject: Re: When can we expect 2nd waves of recent army releases?   When can we expect 2nd waves of recent army releases? I_icon_minitimeWed May 22 2013, 07:59

Necrons was the last 40k army to have had multiple waves soon after an updated book, though if I recall correctly, sometime during 2012 both Space Wolves and Tyranids did get a 'wave' of sorts with Thunder Wolves and Ferersian Wolves for the puppies; Tervigon/Tryannofex, re-redone Hive Tyrant/Swarmlord and the Warriors upgrade pack iirc.

Honestly, no clue when we'll get anything else we are missing, because 'Technically' currently what's missing includes:
* Trueborn
* Bloodbrides
* Ancient Haemonculus
* Voidraven Bomber
***** Special Characters

I say the Trueborn, Bloodbrides and Ancient Haemonculus due to discussions about our Forge World stuff and their policy of not doing missing units from a Codex anymore. Most likely, we won't see anything else til mid 2014 earliest...and that's if GW don't continue the Codex/Armybook every month plan they have.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: When can we expect 2nd waves of recent army releases?   When can we expect 2nd waves of recent army releases? I_icon_minitimeWed May 22 2013, 09:01

I doubt we will get second waves anymore. After the whole debacle with Chapterhouse and the Thunderwolves/Tervigon kits, it seems GW is rushing to release everything with every army book. Add in their stop gap of finecast and slowly pulling options from that into plastic, your see each book slowing weed out finecast with a few plastics with each edition.
Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: When can we expect 2nd waves of recent army releases?   When can we expect 2nd waves of recent army releases? I_icon_minitimeWed May 22 2013, 10:14

Yeah, my understanding was that everything is pretty much one wave now, with just occasional splash releases to fill the gaps. Hopefully we'll get our bomber one day (probably after enough people have tried converting the new Eldar one!) but I wouldn't be surprised if we never got official Trueborn etc.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: When can we expect 2nd waves of recent army releases?   When can we expect 2nd waves of recent army releases? I_icon_minitimeWed May 22 2013, 12:46

I've just taken a look through all the codexes and it seems it's really only us, IG and Tyranids that are still waiting for more than 1 model from the army list.I wouldn't think it would be too hard for GW to fill those holes and be able to say they have a full range of all models available. Bet they don't though!
Back to top Go down
Venerate
Slave
Venerate

PostSubject: Re: When can we expect 2nd waves of recent army releases?   When can we expect 2nd waves of recent army releases? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01 2013, 12:46

As far as I know the bomber will be coming as part of the Apocalypse re-vamp (Julyish I think!) along with lots of imperial extras (because there aren't enough imperial vehicles, y'see!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When can we expect 2nd waves of recent army releases?   When can we expect 2nd waves of recent army releases? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When can we expect 2nd waves of recent army releases?
Page 1 of 1