THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding.

Go down 
+2
spellcheck2001
infamousme
6 posters
AuthorMessage
infamousme
Hellion
infamousme

The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. Empty
PostSubject: The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding.   The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05 2013, 20:34

Ever since I saw the sneak peek of the kabalite warrior on warseer a few years ago I have wanted to collect a Dark Eldar army.... Well over the last few months I finally got around to getting some models (Whist simultaneously being distracted by Tau and Eldar... but I digress). Here are some work in progress shots of my Kabal so far plus some work in progress shots of a cityfight table my son and I are building in my garage.

So first are the whole reason I started looking at any elder armies to begin with... the harlequins (Sadly I only have 2 models at the moment) Going for a "mardi gras" type harlequin look here. jocolor

The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. DSCN2516

The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. DSCN2511

The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. 7e0e7b3d-39e0-4fd5-abd7-f1311b2e8419

P.S: I'm glad I painted a Bretonnian army like 5 years ago otherwise I would be learning to do patterns from scratch and that wouldn't be fun.

Next some wyches

The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. DSCN2514

The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. DSCN2501

Now the venom for my wyches ( WIP )

The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. DSCN2489

The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. DSCN2488

The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. DSCN2487

Kabalite warriors

The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. DSCN2492

The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. DSCN2493

The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. DSCN2494

The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. DSCN2497

WIP raider

The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. DSCN2486

And finally some shots of my gaming table WIP

The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. DSCN2508

The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. DSCN2507

The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. DSCN2506

The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. DSCN2505

The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. DSCN2504

The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. DSCN2503

The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. DSCN2502

Last edited by infamousme on Wed Jun 05 2013, 21:41; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding.   The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05 2013, 21:13

Loving the look on your army.really nice paint jobs too. Love the harlies Smile. Your cities of death terrain is great. I love playing on a good cityfight board. It somehow makes the gaming experience so much better( but then i am a fan of ww2 films so fighting on a board like that makes me feel like i am in saving private ryan). Look forward to seeing more if your army.

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
infamousme
Hellion
infamousme

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding.   The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05 2013, 21:30

Yeah I'm getting a little bored and am wanting more harle's to paint at the moment and have been watching heroes on Netflix rather than painting everytime I sit down at the desk. I am hoping having a project log will motivate me to paint more haha.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding.   The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06 2013, 02:23

i like the army, and the harlequins are very nice, (wish I could paint lines that perfect!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding.   The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06 2013, 03:24

The Death Jester, Wyches, and Venoms/Raider are gorgeous! The Shadowseer looks a little busy to me for some reason (I know, they're Harlequins dummy Razz ) The dark color palette of the Wyches stand out in a really great way for me. Great use of color using dark colors, which isn't always easy to pull off without looking dull.

That city table that you are working on...WOW. Makes me want to catch a game on it Twisted Evil Ignore those Eldar and Tau and paint more stuff for us to look at!

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
infamousme
Hellion
infamousme

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding.   The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06 2013, 08:25

Yeah I am planning on all of my harlequins to be that "busy", purposely made the death jester a bit more subdued Very Happy

The table so far has seemed to favor my dark elder as people haven't really been able to get clear shots at my raiders or venoms before I am on them and racking up pain tokens...... though, the amount of firepower my son has brought with my Tau army has had me on the run a few times even with the sufficient cover. The "hospital" (the large intact building) has become somewhat of a focal point for most of our battles as it is always an objective and is kind of a pain in the ass to both hold or take if that makes any sense. Still have about 6' of road to finish here plus about 8 more building planned out plus painting (it's pretty much just all base coat at this point aside from a few things). The large foam ice chest in the background is going to be some sort of large administrative building at some point.

Currently working on a 2nd unit of wyches and a venom for them, though my Shredderborn & archon keep starring at me begging to be painted.

Last edited by infamousme on Thu Jun 06 2013, 08:31; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
infamousme
Hellion
infamousme

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding.   The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06 2013, 08:27

Lord_Alino wrote:
i like the army, and the harlequins are very nice, (wish I could paint lines that perfect!!!!!

Like I previously mentioned, painting a bretonnian army really helped with the learning curve for the harlequin designs.
Back to top Go down
the_dukes_scion
Hellion
the_dukes_scion

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding.   The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07 2013, 05:49

how did you get that skin tone on the wyches? It looks fantastic. What colours, washes etc were used?

Hellion
infamousme

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding.   The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07 2013, 11:51

the_dukes_scion wrote:
how did you get that skin tone on the wyches? It looks fantastic. What colours, washes etc were used?

Flesh:
Base: Craft smart "golden brown"
1st highlight: Delta ceramcote "wild rice"
2nd highlight: delta ceramcote "fleshtone base"
Shade: very watered down ogryn flesh
final highlight: ceramcote "fleshtone base"

Black:
base: Chaos black mixed with a bit of codex grey just enough to slightly lighten it up (I actually use apple barrel "black" and "pewter grey", but they are identical to those Citadel colors)
Wash: I mix apple barrel "black" with water and americana matte varnish to a 2:1:1 ratio
1st highlight: same as base
2nd highlight: a 3:1 ratio of the black and pewter grey
final highlight: straight adeptus battlegrey

Purple:
Base: black
1st highlight: kinda sloppily go around the edges with "naggaroth night" leaving quite a bit of black in the middle of the area I am painting
2nd highlight: hardline of "xereus purple" on all edges and points
3rd highlight: pick out the extreme edges with "genestealer purple
Wash: wash the entire purple area with either "leviathan purple" or "druchii violet", whatever Is closest at hand

Teal:
Base: delta ceramcote "Salem green"
1st highlight: delta ceramcote "rainforest green"
final highlight: delta ceramcote "cactus green"

Red:
Base: delta ceramcote "rookridge red" (this may be another craft brand, possibly Americana)
1st highlight: mephiston red
2nd highlight: evil suns scarlet
final highlight: wild rider red (more of an orange really lol! )

Grey:
Base: 3:1 ratio of apple barrel "black" and "pewter grey"
1st highlight: "adeptus battlegrey", leaving the black only in the crevasses
2nd highlight: hard edge of apple barrel "pewter grey"

Light grey:
base: apple barrel 'pewter grey "
1st highlight: "astrinomicon grey"
final highlight: I want to say the color is called "snowflake white" by apple barrel, but i'm not entirely certain.
I use a lot of "craft" paint as I get it for free. You just really have to water it down and paint many layers for it to work right. and painting it over white instead of black helps a lot.

Here's a wych I finished today.

The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. DSCN2517

The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. DSCN2518
Back to top Go down
infamousme
Hellion
infamousme

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding.   The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13 2013, 15:55

Painted up an archon this morning when I got off of work.

The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. DSCN2526
Back to top Go down
infamousme
Hellion
infamousme

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding.   The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13 2013, 16:01

Just made a deal for some Harlequins..... they will be up and painted within a week hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Herbert West
Kabalite Warrior
Herbert West

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding.   The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13 2013, 16:30

Cool looking army, the use of contrast between the grey, purple and dark red, is just great !

I like your archon, the gold is really nice. But i think there's some basing that goes out of the base near the right foot...

i'm impatient to see your Harlequins, the firsts ones were cool !

The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. 000311
Back to top Go down
infamousme
Hellion
infamousme

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding.   The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13 2013, 22:52

that basing is the rock that the archon is modeled to stand on haha. Also, I have fixed that bit of gold that got onto the purple armor around the neck.
Back to top Go down
Herbert West
Kabalite Warrior
Herbert West

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding.   The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13 2013, 23:52

Ok, my bad ! I'm sorry about that Rolling Eyes

About the gold, you busted yourself. Haven't seen that mistake 'till you spoted it... 

The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. 000311
Back to top Go down
infamousme
Hellion
infamousme

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding.   The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14 2013, 02:20

Honestly on the actual model the gold spot was so insignificant that I didn't see it until I posted the enlarged picture here... Then I thought to myself "man, I really have to fix that"
Back to top Go down
infamousme
Hellion
infamousme

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding.   The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20 2013, 16:41

Small update, I have pretty much finished my harlequin squad. Problem being I let my mom take my camera to mount rushmore and haven't seen it since..... So no pics until I get that back from her which will most likely involve me having to go over and ransack her house haha. I am still 2 Harlequins short though so if anyone has 2 bare finecast harlequins with harlequin kiss that they want to unload I will buy them off of you or trade you two bare metal ones with fusion pistol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding.   The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Kabal of bloodshed infamous +WIP shots of the imperial city they are raiding.
Page 1 of 1