THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000pts semi-competitive list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Scout Dorne
Slave

1000pts semi-competitive list Empty
PostSubject: 1000pts semi-competitive list   1000pts semi-competitive list I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19 2013, 05:40

Hello,

I just recently decided to get back into 40k and I'm looking to build a 1k list that I can start going to local tournaments with. I currently have an Archon, 10 warriors, 10 wyches, 5 incubi, a raider and a venom, and would like to use as many of these models as possible in my list (save maybe the wyches).

After reading through the new rulebook in one go, I came up with this:

Archon - CD, SF, Agoniser, PGL

4 Incubi
Venom - Cannon

10 Warriors - Cannon
Raider - Disintegrator, Racks, NS

10 Warriors - DL
Raider - NS

6 Reavers - 2x Cluster Caltrops

Razorwing

Total: 990

Feel free to tear this list apart, I could use any suggestions. I already think I'm low on anti-tank and scoring units (I feel 3 troops would be good for 1k). Ultimately, the goal is to expand this list to 2k.

Thanks for any help Smile
Back to top Go down
cammy
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts semi-competitive list   1000pts semi-competitive list I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19 2013, 19:45

Can you let us know what size board you are likly to play on as this can make a huge differance to selection, and what terrain you likly see- ie lots not much etc
Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts semi-competitive list   1000pts semi-competitive list I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19 2013, 21:01

It's generally a bad idea to take a DL on Warriors, since the other nine get wasted. Given that you're short on anti-tank, I'd leave the DL on the Raider. (If you can, magnetise the model in case you want dissies in future.)
Back to top Go down
Scout Dorne
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts semi-competitive list   1000pts semi-competitive list I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20 2013, 19:58

When I play with my buddies we use a 8x4 board, a lot of the time we cut it down to 6x4 though. Fairly good amount of terrain, but only a couple pieces big enough to completely hide a raider. I want to start going to tournaments though, and I have no idea what type of tables would be used there.

And I agree about the warriors with the dark lance. Would it be a good idea to have Racks on both raiders and give the squad a cannon instead?

Also, I'm not too sure about the razorwing. I'm thinking a ravanger would give me more anti tank, but then I feel vulnerable to air. I could maybe squeeze out a squad of tank hunting wyches if I took a ravanger instead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts semi-competitive list   1000pts semi-competitive list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1000pts semi-competitive list
Page 1 of 1