THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Apocalypse - Dark Eldar

Go down 
+14
ravenizer
Skyboard surfer
Sky Serpent
Count Adhemar
Mushkilla
Thor665
spellcheck2001
Jack Frost
facelessabsalom
Grub
Dogmar
DominicJ
Gobsmakked
Evil Space Elves
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Apocalypse - Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Apocalypse - Dark Eldar   Apocalypse - Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29 2013, 01:59

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCatsLarge.jsp?catId=cat1090022a&rootCatGameStyle=

Haven't done the math to see if these are LAME "one-click bundle priced", but I do like the Carnival of Pain (I already have all the stuff that I need!)

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse - Dark Eldar   Apocalypse - Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29 2013, 03:28

The Apoc terrain set Siege of Angel's Redoubt, comprising 2 RoBB sets, a Fortress of Redemption and some of the new Wall of Martyrs strongpoints is $2,167.00 in Oz!

Good times.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse - Dark Eldar   Apocalypse - Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29 2013, 09:32

Another price rise?
Ravagers werent £31 were they?

Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse - Dark Eldar   Apocalypse - Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29 2013, 11:48

The German prices haven't changed, GW stuff is just as expensive as ever. However the new Apoc releases (meaning new models) are incredibly expensive. I think the baneblade just got 15 EUR more expensive. I remember times it was 95EUR not 110. All in all not too excited. A huge overpriced book to go with huge overpriced models. I've never been a fan of Apoc, just put everything you have on a table and play 2 turns max. per day because it takes forever.
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse - Dark Eldar   Apocalypse - Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29 2013, 12:06

Yeah the Baneblade went up £20 in the UK. If the prices keep rising, at this rate in 2023 it will be cheaper to buy a real Baneblade

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse - Dark Eldar   Apocalypse - Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29 2013, 18:25

Evil Space Elves wrote:
..... Haven't done the math to see if these are LAME "one-click bundle priced", but I .....

Someone else has done the math ......

http://pinsofwar.com/sneaky-apocalypse-pricing/

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse - Dark Eldar   Apocalypse - Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29 2013, 20:39

Grub wrote:
Yeah the Baneblade went up £20 in the UK. If the prices keep rising, at this rate in 2023 it will be cheaper to buy a real Baneblade

+1

Cult of Bladed Violet & Kabal of Violet Storm - DE army

The Ovatan Dynasty - Necron army
Back to top Go down
Jack Frost
Kabalite Warrior
Jack Frost

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse - Dark Eldar   Apocalypse - Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29 2013, 22:09

Are there any Economics majors out there?
I've always have been fine with GW's price hikes. For they do produce some great kits and models.
But I do wonder if they ever feel in their heart of hearts that some business ethics have been put to the wayside. If they are knowingly making it hard for kids these days to play this hobby.
When those thoughts come I usually realize that I know what I need to do to pay the bills, eat, and basically lead a happy life. And if I really want something, no matter what it is in life, I will find a way to obtain it and if I don't... Oh well.
I love this hobby and the universe they have created. Just understand that business is business and be smart about it.
BBQ.

-Jack-

spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse - Dark Eldar   Apocalypse - Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29 2013, 22:26

agree wholeheartedly.+1 to this. Also Yes they are expensive but so is playing golf Smile

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse - Dark Eldar   Apocalypse - Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30 2013, 00:49

Disc Golf is the cheapest hobby I have - and it's still a little pricey when a course has a lot of water hazards Wink

Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse - Dark Eldar   Apocalypse - Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30 2013, 07:34

Jack
Theres a GW price thread around somewhere

GW inflation is well below that of electricity, petrol and house prices.

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse - Dark Eldar   Apocalypse - Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30 2013, 14:40

So no voidraven. Sounds like they are saving it for the next DE release! Judging by the small number of new models every release in 6th so far, that seems somewhat plausible.

Also since when was the ravager more expensive than the razorwing? Has that always been the case?

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse - Dark Eldar   Apocalypse - Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01 2013, 10:13

yep, Mush, it has. In Germany at least. Can't be sure about the British prices, but I'd assume it's the same.
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse - Dark Eldar   Apocalypse - Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01 2013, 13:01

Wow, no wonder I converted my Raiders!

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse - Dark Eldar   Apocalypse - Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01 2013, 15:37

DominicJ wrote:
Wow, no wonder I converted my Raiders!

I just added two warriors with dark lances hanging off the side (the models that come with the raider). A good way to save some money and use all those dark lances from the warrior boxes I had lying around!

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse - Dark Eldar   Apocalypse - Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01 2013, 15:42

Mushkilla wrote:
Also since when was the ravager more expensive than the razorwing? Has that always been the case?

The Ravager was hit hard in last year's price rises. I remember ordering 3 before the rises came in.

Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse - Dark Eldar   Apocalypse - Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03 2013, 00:33

Don't make me put my Warseer hat on guys, pricing to the pricing discussion thread pretty please.

I'm actually really looking forward to getting the book.

My pre order will be the book, templates, cards and three of the vortex templates coughwebwayportals.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse - Dark Eldar   Apocalypse - Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04 2013, 12:34

GW seem to have come up with a solution to the one click bundles being more expensive than buying the models seperatly. Sadly just when we thought GW was doing bulk buy deals...

Faeit 212 wrote:
Apocalypse is now up for pre-orders, and with it came one click bundles where you could buy the formations that you wanted for your army with a single click of a button. This was reported last week, and it followed that some of the bundles could be purchased cheaper on the Games Workshop site than what the one click bundles offered.

Examples were the Eldar Windrider Host, which included vipers. Now before Apocalypse, vipers could be purchased individually, or in a box of 3. These actually saved you a little money, and hence created a price discrepancy between the Apoc bundles and what you could buy the same models for.

Well, Games Workshop had a solution or answer to this problem. They simply removed the boxes of 3, and the ones that saved you a little bit, so that the price bundles added up properly. Now I am not going to say this is the best way of doing this, after all I myself bought an old apocalypse 3 basilisks box years ago (it was cheaper than buying three). It is however, an answer.

So these kits that did save you a few bucks are now gone. Its quite unclear if they are gone for good or not, but we must assume that they are. Don't fret, you can still call around and see if any of these kits are your local independents.

Just for clarity, 3 pack bundles of War-Walkers and Artillery are gone as well.

Nor more triple warwalker/Support Platform bundles is a shame. Sad

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse - Dark Eldar   Apocalypse - Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04 2013, 12:52

Just when you think they have someone with some commercial sense at the company they go and pull a stunt like this.

Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse - Dark Eldar   Apocalypse - Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04 2013, 22:53

Wow, that's poor... really really poor of them. Nothing more to say here.
Back to top Go down
Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior
Skyboard surfer

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse - Dark Eldar   Apocalypse - Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04 2013, 23:21

I still can't work out how a 20 figure box of Warhammer infantry might cost £20 and a 10 figure box of 40k costs £18...

Doesn't stop me paying it though Neutral 

Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse - Dark Eldar   Apocalypse - Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11 2013, 22:46

I'm quite surprised at the lack of interest in Apocalypse on here. Anyway I have some information for you all regarding stratagems. Here are a few:

Place three webway markers down, any unit entering from reserve, the weird apoc reserve which names escapes me, can enter from any portal.

Make it nightfighting in one enemy shooting phase.

At the start of a turn, every friendly DE unit gains a pain token, at the end of the turn every unit loses one.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse - Dark Eldar   Apocalypse - Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2013, 01:15

I'm waiting to see the rules for the Kabalite Webstrike formation. Hopefully it will provide the motivation for me to get off my duff and paint up my Incubi and Splinterborn.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse - Dark Eldar   Apocalypse - Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2013, 02:03

Sky Serpent wrote:
I'm quite surprised at the lack of interest in Apocalypse on here.
I play Apoc on a regular basis with my DE - but there haven't been enough clear things to comment on.

Sky Serpent wrote:
Place three webway markers down, any unit entering from reserve, the weird apoc reserve which names escapes me, can enter from any portal.
'Strategic Reserves'
We had this already - Webway Assault. They actually lowered the number of WWPs that open...y'know, because it was *so powerful* before. Thank gawd they keep weakening the concept of WWP, now all the other armies can breath a sigh of releif and DE are forced to go back to the drawing board and come up with a different auto-win button.

That said, if they no longer scatter it could be a fair trade-off.

Sky Serpent wrote:
Make it nightfighting in one enemy shooting phase.
Already had that too.
Functionally I still think we have a more overall powerful one - that said, it focusing on just their turn is pretty nice.

Sky Serpent wrote:
At the start of a turn, every friendly DE unit gains a pain token, at the end of the turn every unit loses one.
This is a new one and it's nice to see some thought given to how the army works now.
I'm not sure if it's all that good as far as a stratagem goes though - when you look at what other stratagems are I think you'll see my point. Still, it has its uses. I'd consider it probably a high quality mid-level stratagem benefit depending on build.

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse - Dark Eldar   Apocalypse - Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2013, 08:54

Sky Serpent wrote:
I'm quite surprised at the lack of interest in Apocalypse on here.

I'm all up for big games but I'm perfectly happy using the normal rules for them. As for spending another £45 on the rules, £15 for templates and god knows how much on the latest massive models that everyone except DE are getting. Well...I'd rather not, thanks!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse - Dark Eldar   Apocalypse - Dark Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apocalypse - Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next