THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000pt Tourney List w/ Eldar Allies

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Guile22
Hellion

2000pt Tourney List w/ Eldar Allies Empty
PostSubject: 2000pt Tourney List w/ Eldar Allies   2000pt Tourney List w/ Eldar Allies I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09 2013, 19:11

Hey all,

Looking for some feedback to this list, it's a modification on a Splinterbourne list that has been hugely successful for me. This time i'm swapping out my allied Farseer for a Spiritseer to make the Beast Pack shrouded and Stealth + give additional buffs:

2000 pts

HQ
Baron Sathonyx 105 pts

Troops
5x Warriors, 1x Venom Extra SC 110 pts

5x Warriors, 1x Venom Extra SC 110 pts

Elites

3x Trueborn, 2x SC, 1x Venom Extra SC 121 pts

3x Trueborn, 2x SC, 1x Venom Extra SC 121 pts

5x Trueborn, 2x SC 80 pts

Fast Attack

4x Beast Masters, 8x Razorwing Flock 168 pts

9x Reavers, 3x HL, 1x Area Champion w/ Venom Blade 249 pts

Heavy

1x Ravager, 3x DL 105 pts

Fortification

1x ADL, Icarus Lascannon 85 pts

ALLIES

HQ
1x Spiritseer, Shard of Anaris 110 pts

Troops
5x Wraithguard, 1x Wave Serpent w/SL and HF 295 pts

Fast Attack
4x Warp Spiders, 1x Exarch w/Fast shot and Spinneret Rifle 130 pts

Ideas/uses:

Spiritseer rolls with Beast pack, makes them fearless with Shard of Anaris, gives them shrouded buff (combined with Baron's steath is 4+ cover in open, 2+ in any cover) plus whatever other Runes of Battle power I get to buff them. Almost all powers are awesome with the Razorwing Flocks.

Warp Spiders man the Icarus behind ADL, Fast Shot gives me 2x Lascannon shots a turn + 2 shots for Interceptor when enemy flyers come in. Warp Spiders are fast enough to still be useful late game after flyers are dealt with or the gun is destroyed. Scoring in one scenario in tournament also.

While Beast deathstar and Wave Serpent with Wraithguard are advancing this army should still have plenty of firepower with 14 spintercannons firing each turn and 9 dark lances from the Ravagers (plus 2 Lascannon shots from ADL). Wraithguard give me a tough troop choice for taking objective in enemy half.

Reaver jet bikes are the wild card, they have heat lances so they can tank hunt to support the heavy weapons or harass units ahead of the beast pack/wraithguard arriving close in.

Overall I think this list has the firepower to deal with most armies and the Razorwing are murder, especially with the buffs. Tau could be a problem with their ability to ignore cover (and negate stealth/shrouded) but thats why I take the wave serpent with Wraithguard and the Reaver Jet Bikes, they will help with Target Saturation so if the markerlights are targeting the beasts the other elements will aggressively advance at the same time.

Obviously huge weakness of this army is only 3 scoring choices, although in the three tourney scenarios one has Fast Attack as scoring and another Heavies as scoring so there is only one scenario i'll really be without a lot of scoring, i've been able to work around this before by starting the warriors out of the venoms and hidden in my half to move out late game to grab objectives in my deployment zone, Wraithguard will go after opponent's objective.

SPECIFIC FEEDBACK REQUEST: I could drop the Shard of Annaris and the 5x Trueborn squad to 3x Trueborn and stick them in a 5th Venom for 2 more Splintercannon, but I thought given the list build sacrificing one venom for Fearless on the beast pack was worth it (plus makes the Spiritseer a better contribution in CC, a lot of the runes of battle powers should sync well with the +2 S, rending that the Shard offers).

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Tourney List w/ Eldar Allies   2000pt Tourney List w/ Eldar Allies I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10 2013, 08:21

Very interesting list. I will follow this topic to see, what other guys think about it.

As for the Shard of Annaris, I suggest not to drop it, because the birds need to be fearless. When I played with the daemons, the Keeper of Secrets assaulted my beastpack and instakilled 3 birds (15 wounds). Of course he won the fight and the whole beastpack with the Baron ran away and was destroyed by the sweeping advance (terribly hight initiative of the Keeper).
Similar situation could also happen with orks, because their Klaws and Big Choppas are serious threat to the birds. Thanks God it easy to run away from orks, but anyway running beastpack is always a big problem.

Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Tourney List w/ Eldar Allies   2000pt Tourney List w/ Eldar Allies I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10 2013, 09:23

You are very light on troops. How do you intend to wind objective based games. Or kill points for that matter?

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
autopilot
Hellion
autopilot

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Tourney List w/ Eldar Allies   2000pt Tourney List w/ Eldar Allies I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10 2013, 10:19

This list is very similar to my own.

Since you know the missions ahead of time, it looks like you have plenty of scoring options outside of troops. Just keep in mind that these FA and Heavy scorers are going to have huge targets on them.

I would normally comment about how running all Razorwings will cause you to lose combat all the time, but you have a shard of anaris, so no worries there. Make sure those beast masters die first!

As far as fire-power goes, though, you've certainly brought it.
Back to top Go down
Guile22
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Tourney List w/ Eldar Allies   2000pt Tourney List w/ Eldar Allies I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10 2013, 19:12

Thanks for the feedback guys! Yeah, I was thinking the Shard of Annaris was really worth it to the bests, i've been locked in combat with Termies with 3++ and the beasts always come out on top, but they do eventually start taking wounds at 5 a pop thanks to ID from thunderhammers so they will potentially "lose" some rounds before coming out on top, which Fearless solves.

Yes, definitely light on troops Vesara. This list has so much offense in it that in my experience opponents have a very difficult time focusing on the troop choices when they are getting blown off the board from the others. If 2/3 scenarios didn't make heavy or fast scoring I would look at adding a warrior blob in place of one of the Trueblood possibly....

I could always drop the Wave Serpent/Wraithguard and swap out for 3x windrider bikes, an extra venom for the trueborn on foot and a 20 man warrior blob with 2x SC to sit behind the ADL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Tourney List w/ Eldar Allies   2000pt Tourney List w/ Eldar Allies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000pt Tourney List w/ Eldar Allies
Page 1 of 1