THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Whos better at AI? Kabalite warrior raider splinter rack spam or Splinterborn Dual Splinter Cannon spam?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eldritchwarmaster84
Kabalite Warrior
Eldritchwarmaster84

Whos better at AI? Kabalite warrior raider splinter rack spam or Splinterborn Dual Splinter Cannon spam? Empty
PostSubject: Whos better at AI? Kabalite warrior raider splinter rack spam or Splinterborn Dual Splinter Cannon spam?   Whos better at AI? Kabalite warrior raider splinter rack spam or Splinterborn Dual Splinter Cannon spam? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23 2013, 21:29

Im trying to exploit best combinations and it seems twin linked makes a huge difference. A Farseer using prescience on a ravager is awesome now would rack warriors kill faster or splinterborn?
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Whos better at AI? Kabalite warrior raider splinter rack spam or Splinterborn Dual Splinter Cannon spam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whos better at AI? Kabalite warrior raider splinter rack spam or Splinterborn Dual Splinter Cannon spam?   Whos better at AI? Kabalite warrior raider splinter rack spam or Splinterborn Dual Splinter Cannon spam? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23 2013, 22:56

trying to compare the two are like apples and oranges to be honest. Trueborn are elite slots and cost way more per model (so you normally end up running smaller squads) while warriors are cheaper and end up running a full squad. Add in that their vehicle is different (3x Trueborn w/ 2 SC are most likely in a venom, while the warriors need to be in a raider for the racks). The only thing they do that is the same is they are both sources of AI...

So basically your answer comes down to what do you need more of. Most lists I would say troops, so the warriors would be better. But then you must factor in that them being in the raider at all times is a liability. So do you feel that the splinter racks are worth the risk of having the raider blow up with them in it???

There is just too many variables and I cant just come out and say which one is strictly better overall.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
fuhrmaaj
Kabalite Warrior
fuhrmaaj

PostSubject: Re: Whos better at AI? Kabalite warrior raider splinter rack spam or Splinterborn Dual Splinter Cannon spam?   Whos better at AI? Kabalite warrior raider splinter rack spam or Splinterborn Dual Splinter Cannon spam? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24 2013, 02:08

In addition to what Shadows Revenge has already said, there are other factors to consider like range and mobility.

Splinter Cannons shoot 36" and Splinterborn in Venoms will typically be placed near the back of the board and not move so that you get the most shooting.

Warriors shoot 24" once or 12" twice and moving around means you will shoot the Splinter Cannon 4 times instead of 6 (if you get one). At 12" you may find your Raider threatened in the opponent's turn by minimum range shooting and by assault.

I just did a bunch of math in the other thread for you, but based off of what I saw I'm quite sure that Splinterborn in Venom are most cost-effective at killing infantry than 10 Warriors in a Raider with Splinter Racks. The issue is not what is better at AI, but what fits better into your list as Shadows Revenge said. You're going to want to get lots of scoring first, then make sure you meet your minimum AT before you go adding luxury AI units like Splinterborn.
Back to top Go down
Glamhadril
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Whos better at AI? Kabalite warrior raider splinter rack spam or Splinterborn Dual Splinter Cannon spam?   Whos better at AI? Kabalite warrior raider splinter rack spam or Splinterborn Dual Splinter Cannon spam? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30 2013, 06:57

as the people before me have already said it depends on a lot of things, however should you want it here is the maths for the respective squads.

squad 1: 3 trueborn 2 splinter cannons in venom with extra SC (121 pts)

squads within 12: 26 shots, 17.33 hits, 8.66 wounds
squads within 24: 25 shots, 16.66 hits, 8.33 wounds
squads within 36: 24 shots, 16 hits, 8 wounds
squads within 42: 20 shots, 13.33 hits, 6.66 wounds
squads within 48: 24 shots, 10 hits, 5 wounds

squad 2: 10 kabalites with SC in raider with SR (170 pts):

squads within 12: 24 shots, 20 hits, 10 wounds
squads within 20 inches (2" pivot): 22 shots, 18.33 hits, 9.16 wounds
squads within 32 inches (2" pivot): 13 shots, 10.66 hits, 5.33 wounds
squads within 38 inches (2" pivot): 15 shots, 3.75 hits, 1.875 wounds

then if you take into account that kabalite raider squad is more expensive it's prettyclearly that in terms of raw fire power the spinterborn are better. however in the kabalites favour they are troops, their tank and themselves are way more surviveable. they're more likely to pick up a pain token as their fire power is more concentrated and that their build also includes a DL to add onto other AT.

as such i generally go with the kabalites but both builds have their merit

Back to top Go down
ravenizer
Hellion
ravenizer

PostSubject: Re: Whos better at AI? Kabalite warrior raider splinter rack spam or Splinterborn Dual Splinter Cannon spam?   Whos better at AI? Kabalite warrior raider splinter rack spam or Splinterborn Dual Splinter Cannon spam? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31 2013, 18:18

As previous posters said, those are totaly two different units. But if you want to compare them by their pure Anti-Infantry capabilities, than splinterborn venom will do better than raider warriors.

I'm realy amazed, you want to trade Bikes for AI unit... may I ask what's the reason?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whos better at AI? Kabalite warrior raider splinter rack spam or Splinterborn Dual Splinter Cannon spam?   Whos better at AI? Kabalite warrior raider splinter rack spam or Splinterborn Dual Splinter Cannon spam? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whos better at AI? Kabalite warrior raider splinter rack spam or Splinterborn Dual Splinter Cannon spam?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: