THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

400 points Combat Patrol Dark Eldar Debut

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
InnerGG
Slave
InnerGG

400 points Combat Patrol Dark Eldar Debut Empty
PostSubject: 400 points Combat Patrol Dark Eldar Debut   400 points Combat Patrol Dark Eldar Debut I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03 2013, 01:17

After reading through tactica and playing one game of 6 ed Dark Eldar I've formulated a list for an upcoming Combat Patrol tournament. I am the only DE player in the area and I'm just starting out with the army and want to make a good showing of my return to 40k. C&C would be ever so great.

400 pts Combat Patrol:

Troops:

x5 Warriors (110)
-Venom w/ SC

Elite:

x4 Blasterborn (173)
-Venom w/ SC

Heavy:
x1 Ravager (105)
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 400 points Combat Patrol Dark Eldar Debut   400 points Combat Patrol Dark Eldar Debut I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03 2013, 16:52

looks great. The only thing I might change is maybe switching the blasterborn to lanceborn. While its less AT, its also AT threat every turn of the game, something that shouldnt be scoffed at. Basically you would sit that venom still because it already has flickerfields, and just shoot it every turn. This also gives you 22 points, 15 of which can go to a blaster in the other warrior squad, giving them some AT threat as well.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 400 points Combat Patrol Dark Eldar Debut   400 points Combat Patrol Dark Eldar Debut I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03 2013, 17:13

It would actually save him more like 32 points, since then he could drop a Trueborn body as well - those points could go towards some Night Shields/FFs on the Ravager, which would help it out also.

I definitely agree that you should try to place a Blaster into that Warrior squad, because currently all they're doing is serving as a way to buy a Venom, and for 15 more points you turn them into a legit threat themselves.

If you don't like Lances (or lack the models) another option is to drop one Trueborn w. Blaster, stick the Blaster on the Warriors, still have three blasters with the Trueborn, and use the extra points, again, to upgrade the Ravager - multiple paths to a similar goal.

Also, if you want to use the Trueborn as a lance based sniper unit, I'd probably start them outside the Venom. Leave them sniping from a tall ruin or something and let the Venom run around blazing away at troops, and free to move without hurting the lance output.

Back to top Go down
InnerGG
Slave
InnerGG

PostSubject: Re: 400 points Combat Patrol Dark Eldar Debut   400 points Combat Patrol Dark Eldar Debut I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05 2013, 21:40

The Lanceborn sounds wonderful, I only have my 12 blasterborn (which I can use for the blaster Warriors as well). I'll try to get the Lances but if i don't I think going for the 3 Blasters starting in Venom with 1 blaster on the warriors and NightSheild/FlickerFeild on the Ravager

PostSubject: Re: 400 points Combat Patrol Dark Eldar Debut   400 points Combat Patrol Dark Eldar Debut I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

400 points Combat Patrol Dark Eldar Debut
Page 1 of 1