THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ur-ghul and Medusae

Go down 
+21
Nepenthe
Judgex83
Plague
Liberame
tlronin
speedfreek
Gobsmakked
WeeDawgNYC
Archon Farath Mure
Fletch
CDSzafraniec
Urien Rakarth
abjectus
Apostle Pat
Hydra
Evil Space Elves
Sky Serpent
Thor665
xzandrate
Local_Ork
darkmark
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
darkmark
Kabalite Warrior
darkmark

Ur-ghul and Medusae Empty
PostSubject: Ur-ghul and Medusae   Ur-ghul and Medusae I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23 2011, 13:11

Looks like on the 20th of August we'll see a couple of new models. Cool

http://www.pi.com.sg/Downloads/Store%20Order%20Form%20-%20GW%202011-07.pdf

Source:Close313 from Warseer.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Ur-ghul and Medusae   Ur-ghul and Medusae I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23 2011, 14:31

25.90$? Wow, IMHO nearly as bull* as Khymeraes and Razorflocks.
I will not buy those but still, it's good they release those models.
Back to top Go down
darkmark
Kabalite Warrior
darkmark

PostSubject: Re: Ur-ghul and Medusae   Ur-ghul and Medusae I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23 2011, 14:36

Pinched another link too of actual models:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=114787&d=1311423128

Quite interesting, though tbh I didn't really have any idea what they'd look like.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Ur-ghul and Medusae   Ur-ghul and Medusae I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23 2011, 14:59

Hmm... from what I see Ur-Ghul looks like ape-khymera - multiple eyes, fit posture.

Medusae looks like crossover of "Man in the Iron Mask" and Martians from "Mars Attacks!"

Of course I may be wrong due to medicore pictures.
Back to top Go down
xzandrate
Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

PostSubject: Re: Ur-ghul and Medusae   Ur-ghul and Medusae I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23 2011, 16:23

meh, on the plus side, atleast it's not some completely awesome models for a realy sucky army choice, unlike the beast packs.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Ur-ghul and Medusae   Ur-ghul and Medusae I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23 2011, 18:28

Wow - I'm a bit of a mellow milquetoast when it comes to GW pricing, but their Court figures are absolutely priced for stupidity. Let's presume I absolutely *love* the court and insist on playing it constantly (or, the more likely - I'm a DE psycho, and wouldn't mind a Court just to field once in a blue moon for yuks or in Apoc games)

Minimum squad is 4.
$26 a fig thus far.
Presume that holds for the other two.
That's over $100 to field the bare minimum Court, and you'd probably want more than bare minimum...what the frell is that? For that cost I could do 2 minimum Wyche squads in Raiders or Venoms - it's a dramatically bizarre pricing scheme especially when GW should be able to have the two brain cells to notice that the unit is uber weak and no one is even fielding it.

I'm converting my Court - no questions about it.

@xzandrate - Beast Packs are a good army choice...

Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Ur-ghul and Medusae   Ur-ghul and Medusae I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23 2011, 21:39

I think Thor what xzandrate was trying to say is that the beasts are bad models for a good unit choice, or rather a bad wallet choice.

I really like the Ur-ghul, not sold on the Medusae yet but I think we should be happy that we are getting them. I may make them my first Finecast purchase though the Cockatrice is calling out to me.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Ur-ghul and Medusae   Ur-ghul and Medusae I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23 2011, 22:04

Actually I like the Razorwings - though for Kyhmarae I still use my old War Beasts with googly eyes, certainly superior to the new mangy mutt version.

As an interesting difference, from what I can see of the Blurry McBlurryson pictures, I think I'd be far more likely to buy the Medusae than the ghoul. Chained DE is...dress? I could do some awesome Haemon conversion or something methinks. Price and Finecast might still scare me off though - I've learned to chop up plastic and metal, I'm nervous what the resin will be like.

The Ur-Ghul looks like I'm supposed to pay $26 for a Warhammer ghoul that I could get 10 of them in plastic for about the same price. No thanks, nothing about the model says DE enough for me to be interested in that.

Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Ur-ghul and Medusae   Ur-ghul and Medusae I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23 2011, 22:45

/\
For same reason people buy WFB Chaos "doggies" for Khymeres (10 for 15.50GBP) and call it a day. Or convert Rippers/Scarabs/ASB Ammo into Razorflocks. IMHO paying 26$ for dude that cost 10 points is just as reasonable as "buying" rerolls on Tournaments. Hell, You can assemble Your own guy from bits and it would be A LOT cheaper (but still pricy).

[edited price of Warhounds, they are even cheaper than I thought!]

Last edited by Local_Ork on Sun Jul 24 2011, 03:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Ur-ghul and Medusae   Ur-ghul and Medusae I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24 2011, 02:29

Before we blow our stacks on the prices it seems that the order form might not be in US dollars. The photo is shitty(ok, blurry), but it looks like the UK listed price is 5.5 or 9.50. Hard to tell, but those models either look crazy silly, or crazy awesome. Too blurry(shitty) to tell.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Ur-ghul and Medusae   Ur-ghul and Medusae I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24 2011, 03:13

Crap. You have 100% right about price. 9.50 GBP is still a bit crazy (why not release plastic 4 pack in price of FortuneCast?) but not "the usual GW crazy".

[edit]
Just realised something. Do You remember those many eyed skulls on some trophy racks? I'm 100% sure those are Ur-Ghul's.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Ur-ghul and Medusae   Ur-ghul and Medusae I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24 2011, 06:48

I think you're right. I always assumed that those were Ur-Ghils based on the description, but wtf do I know! I really dig the Mars Attacks vibe of the Madusae. Just have to fight the urge to chatter "ACK ACK" when I roll to hit with them...

Back to top Go down
darkmark
Kabalite Warrior
darkmark

PostSubject: Re: Ur-ghul and Medusae   Ur-ghul and Medusae I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24 2011, 10:06

The OP i based in Singapore, so prices will be local to that market. Hence, I guess we're looking at standard FC blister prices. I've got a bunch of other stuff on my 'to buy' list before I pick up these I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Hydra
Kabalite Warrior
Hydra

PostSubject: Re: Ur-ghul and Medusae   Ur-ghul and Medusae I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24 2011, 11:40

I am really looking forward to these models. I wouldn't have expected to see models for these, the bigger the surpise Very Happy

And if you are buying them or not, is your personal choice.
I will definatly get some! They look just to ccol from what i see on the pix.

Hive Fleet Hydra

Kabal of the Poisoned Fang
Back to top Go down
http://h-archive.blogspot.de/
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Ur-ghul and Medusae   Ur-ghul and Medusae I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24 2011, 16:01

I'm not touching the UrGhul, at $16 though there's a good chance for me and the Medusae to make sweet music together.

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Ur-ghul and Medusae   Ur-ghul and Medusae I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24 2011, 16:53

I can say I won't now, but when the blister is in front of me...can't...resist new cool models...I'll probably buy them just to paint at least. I've been looking to pick up the newer archon model(don't use them much in games) to paint. These models might be the excuse I've been looking for.

Back to top Go down
Apostle Pat
Slave
Apostle Pat

PostSubject: Re: Ur-ghul and Medusae   Ur-ghul and Medusae I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25 2011, 05:59

I'm glad they're actually making models for them though, lets hope GW keeps this up with other codexs haha.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Ur-ghul and Medusae   Ur-ghul and Medusae I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25 2011, 06:14

they make other armies? Ha ha.

Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Ur-ghul and Medusae   Ur-ghul and Medusae I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25 2011, 07:22

I didn't see any quantities, so I have fingers crossed price is for 2 pack. If not I'll convert ur-ghuls like I had planned before originally.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Ur-ghul and Medusae   Ur-ghul and Medusae I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25 2011, 07:34

$16 is pretty standard for single figs from GW though. Two packs would be awesome, but I won't hold my breath.

Back to top Go down
Urien Rakarth
Kabalite Warrior
Urien Rakarth

PostSubject: Re: Ur-ghul and Medusae   Ur-ghul and Medusae I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25 2011, 13:19

£9.50 is GW's standard price for single blisters, that or £10.50 and I read those prices as the English ones. I believe that GW charge higher for stuff you want less of. So, you're unlikely to have more than one Court, so they might as well gouge as much cash out of you as possible when you pay for it.

However, some people still need to learn that just because GW makes the models doesn't mean you have to buy them.
Back to top Go down
http://6inchmove.wordpress.com
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Ur-ghul and Medusae   Ur-ghul and Medusae I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25 2011, 14:04

Isn't that in the rules? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Ur-ghul and Medusae   Ur-ghul and Medusae I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25 2011, 14:59

Don't worry, GW took care for that too. Only 100% GW models (You can't even have resin bases lol) or conversions (GW bits) scratchbuilds (again only GW bits) in GW stores.

I wonder if selfmade resins count?

[not like I would care, we have only FLGS in Poland]
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Ur-ghul and Medusae   Ur-ghul and Medusae I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25 2011, 16:15

I've been in GW stores with non-GW stuff mixed into my army. Not a glaring amount, but various pieces including full minis. I don't fully endorse their rule, but I don't think it's a bad idea, and I think most GW stores enforce it in a casual manner.

Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Ur-ghul and Medusae   Ur-ghul and Medusae I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25 2011, 16:23

It's apparently not "official" policy, but from what I've read/heard it goes from "Nah, f*** that s***, play what You want" to "You can't even paint with non-GW paint in store"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ur-ghul and Medusae   Ur-ghul and Medusae I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ur-ghul and Medusae
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next