THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Vehicles exploding on 7+

Go down 
+21
The Shredder
Creeping Darkness
1++
Azdrubael
orestes85
Deamon
Skulnbonz
Vasara
Panic_Puppet
Sky Serpent
Elzadar
Dethdispenser
Barking Agatha
ligolski
Zenotaph
Expletive Deleted
Count Adhemar
Jehoel
oddworx
Devilogical
Kaiser
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaiser
Slave

Vehicles exploding on 7+ Empty
PostSubject: Vehicles exploding on 7+   Vehicles exploding on 7+ I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 06:11

This rule is very strongly rumoured to be coming in.

This would greatly benefit us, as our transports so often explode on a 4+. Now it will be mostly 5 and 6's.

Does anyone else feel quite excited about this new rule and how it will affect us?
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles exploding on 7+   Vehicles exploding on 7+ I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 06:54

If it`s true, it will benefit all  Smile  wich can create some problems for us as well

Where did u read that?

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Kaiser
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles exploding on 7+   Vehicles exploding on 7+ I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 07:18

From a scanned page from the latest WD.

While this rule would benefit all armies, I feel it would benefit us the most due to our penchant for sending fragile, lightly armoured troops in fragile vehicles.
Back to top Go down
oddworx
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles exploding on 7+   Vehicles exploding on 7+ I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 08:03

Indeed it would benefit us probably more than any other army besides Orks. I really hope this comes to pass. Along with the chages to jink and assault looks like raiders full of Wyches could be a thing.
Back to top Go down
Jehoel
Kabalite Warrior
Jehoel

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles exploding on 7+   Vehicles exploding on 7+ I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 08:46

I would love this. Transport passengers drop like flies from explosions

The readiness is all: since no man has aught of what he leaves, what is't to leave betimes?

- Hamlet, Prince of Denmark

Kabal of Eternal Torment/Cult of Last Caress/Coven of Wasted Tears
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles exploding on 7+   Vehicles exploding on 7+ I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 09:13

Our vehicles will still explode at the drop of a hat due to being AV10 and open-topped. Would be far more excited to learn that explosions for open-topped vehicles are back to S3 but no word on that as yet.

Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles exploding on 7+   Vehicles exploding on 7+ I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 09:25

Count Adhemar wrote:
Our vehicles will still explode at the drop of a hat due to being AV10 and open-topped. Would be far more excited to learn that explosions for open-topped vehicles are back to S3 but no word on that as yet.

Yeah, that would be a thing

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles exploding on 7+   Vehicles exploding on 7+ I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 12:39

Count Adhemar wrote:

This. This is exactly what I thought when I heard the rumor. It's definitely better than it was, but it isn't actually the vehicle exploding that makes me sad. It's losing half the unit aboard when it does. And that's still gonna happen on a 4+ with melta and a 5+ with ap2. This rule more benefits a land raider which now can't explode unless it's hit with an ap2 weapon and a 6 is rolled. Or even better daemon engines. Only explodes on a 7 and it has It Will Not Die. I'm looking at you heldrake.

Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles exploding on 7+   Vehicles exploding on 7+ I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 12:52

Expletive Deleted wrote:
This rule more benefits a land raider which now can't explode unless it's hit with an ap2 weapon and a 6 is rolled.

Too bad, we don't have heatlances with ap1...
Jokes aside, they could be very useful for that kind of situation.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles exploding on 7+   Vehicles exploding on 7+ I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 12:55

Zenotaph wrote:
Expletive Deleted wrote:
This rule more benefits a land raider which now can't explode unless it's hit with an ap2 weapon and a 6 is rolled.

Too bad, we don't have heatlances with ap1...
Jokes aside, they could be very useful for that kind of situation.

Heat lances still struggle to penetrate AV14 in the first place though.

Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles exploding on 7+   Vehicles exploding on 7+ I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 12:59

Ah, I dunno, 2d6 +6 for a total of 13 isn't that bad.
On the other side, a bunch of blasterborns could handle a landraider, too.
But I don't think on their first shot. Maybe the second. When they get one, that is.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles exploding on 7+   Vehicles exploding on 7+ I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 13:02

Actually, I forgot that Heat Lances are erm...lances! So AV14 is irrelevant and it's treated as AV12, which does make them slightly more efficient than I was remembering!

Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles exploding on 7+   Vehicles exploding on 7+ I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 13:11

Plus they're cheaper, than blasters. Scourges could deep strike, say 5 /w 2 heatlances.
They're not even half worth the points of a landraider, so, even when they get killed,
if they could do the job, it's worth it. Although it's a pain to sacrifice such a cool looking unit...

Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles exploding on 7+   Vehicles exploding on 7+ I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 14:19

Rumor also has it though, when you jink, you must fire snap shots in the following phase...this really hurts us.

Archon Atersol of the Kabal of the Ebbing Sun
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles exploding on 7+   Vehicles exploding on 7+ I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 14:20

Haywire wyches are still my tool of choice for vehicles, and so long as they don't make any changes to hull points they'll still be better at cracking that landraider open than anything else we have. That being said, even with a heat lance you have to roll a 5+ to blow the stupid thing up. That's a one in  three chance down from a fifty percent chance. Whereas our two in three chance goes down to the aforementioned fifty percent chance.

I'm not complaining, that's good! But it doesn't really fix the problem of our vehicles being death traps, it just makes it happen a little less often. But hey with all these new rules maybe they will do something to the explosion rules, or the open topped rules.

ligolski wrote:
Rumor also has it though, when you jink, you must fire snap shots in the following phase...this really hurts us.

Hadn't heard this rumor. Yes and no. For bikes maybe, but I stopped jinking and started using flickerfields ever since markerlights and wave serpent spam.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles exploding on 7+   Vehicles exploding on 7+ I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 14:34

ligolski wrote:

As I give all my vehicles Flickerfields and rarely use Reavers for shooting I'm fine thanks  Smile 

Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles exploding on 7+   Vehicles exploding on 7+ I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 15:04

Count Adhemar wrote:
As I give all my vehicles Flickerfields and rarely use Reavers for shooting I'm fine thanks  Smile 

I use flickerfields as well, but I shoot more often with the reavers.
But that is only a minor problem, since they can move 2d6" after shooting...

Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles exploding on 7+   Vehicles exploding on 7+ I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 16:55

Expletive Deleted wrote:

Not really, because if you roll 5+ (+1 for AP2) you wreck the Land Raider anyway, and it doesn't really matter whether it goes boom or not. It's dead either way, and it isn't as if you were going to kill half the herbies inside with the boom.

It really would benefit us more. Our vehicles go from going boom on a 5+ (a 1 in 3 chance) to going boom on a 6+ (a 1 in 6 chance). That is a fifty per cent reduction in booms, and we do lose half or more of the passengers in the boom, so it is much more important to us than it is to the herbies.

Besides, who knows? Maybe booms aren't a S4 hit any more. Maybe they are 'test Initiative and, for each failed test, suffer a wound', in which case we'll be laughing. That's not a rumour, by the way, I just made it up. Smile
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles exploding on 7+   Vehicles exploding on 7+ I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 17:24

Sixth is my first edition so I'm not really sure how wrecks work. I was assuming the Land Raider could still fire off it's crazy monkey laser cannons even if wrecked.

I repeat, I'll take whatever help I can get, but in my mind this will help chaos space marines and iron hands armies more than anyone.

Kabalite Warrior
Dethdispenser

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles exploding on 7+   Vehicles exploding on 7+ I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 17:58

Do you think the chart is bringing back elements of 5th ed?

Where a roll of 6 (5th ed was 5) is a wreck and if ap 2 (+1 to make it a result of 7) it explodes?
Back to top Go down
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles exploding on 7+   Vehicles exploding on 7+ I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 18:25

Dethdispenser wrote:
Do you think the chart is bringing back elements of 5th ed?

Where a roll of 6 (5th ed was 5) is a wreck and if ap 2 (+1 to make it a result of 7) it explodes?

no they said they want to make vehicles more survivable = harder to destroy

Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles exploding on 7+   Vehicles exploding on 7+ I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 18:59

Expletive Deleted wrote:
Sixth is my first edition so I'm not really sure how wrecks work. I was assuming the Land Raider could still fire off it's crazy monkey laser cannons even if wrecked.

'Wrecked' means destroyed, but no boom, the same as when you kill it from hull points. Other armies tend to go, 'Oh, no! You wrecked my vehicle!' We go, 'Yay! You only wrecked my vehicle!' That is why I think this would help us more than the Ironing Hands.

Dethdispenser wrote:

So they say, but who knows?
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles exploding on 7+   Vehicles exploding on 7+ I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 19:18

Expletive Deleted wrote:

Nope. Wrecked means tilt, out of order, not available, well, you get the picture.
There is the option of , I dunno the english term, a vehicle, being not able to move anymore,
but to shoot, whatever weapons are left.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles exploding on 7+   Vehicles exploding on 7+ I_icon_minitimeFri May 16 2014, 05:09

ligolski wrote:

Maybe, maybe not.
Our vehicles are either sitting back shooting, or going flat out trying to drop troops in face. For the latter, it really makes little difference, as the vehicle will likely be wrecked anyway (less chance of explosion cheers ), if it is the former, it may just be worthwhile taking the flickerfields for Ravagers and splinterboats, which is not a huge outlay.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles exploding on 7+   Vehicles exploding on 7+ I_icon_minitimeFri May 16 2014, 09:49

Kaiser wrote:
For the latter, it really makes little difference, as the vehicle will likely be wrecked anyway

Au contraire, it makes a big difference. If they don't explode, more of the troops inside will get away.

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles exploding on 7+   Vehicles exploding on 7+ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vehicles exploding on 7+
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next