THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

does a crashing or exploding flier create a crater?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

does a crashing or exploding flier create a crater? Empty
PostSubject: does a crashing or exploding flier create a crater?   does a crashing or exploding flier create a crater? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06 2013, 13:02

the vehicle rules when you explode say that you create a crater of difficult area terrain.

Under the flier rules, it talks about placing a large blast template when the flier wrecks to see who is hit by the wreckage, but doesn't say anything about there being area terrain there after.

I believe that RAW the answer is no. But an argument could be made that RAI there should be.

Case in point would be that if you had troops inside said flier, you deploy them within 3" from the template (similar to emergency deployment from wrecked vehicles). But that would be different than exploded vehicles where you deploy inside the area terrain.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

does a crashing or exploding flier create a crater? Empty
PostSubject: Re: does a crashing or exploding flier create a crater?   does a crashing or exploding flier create a crater? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06 2013, 13:05

The flyer rules do not mention a crater or difficult terrain and simply say to remove the flyer from the board after resolving the crash & burn result.

I agree that there should be one but the rules don't support this.

does a crashing or exploding flier create a crater?
Page 1 of 1