THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Tormentor Grenades

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

Tormentor Grenades Empty
PostSubject: Tormentor Grenades   Tormentor Grenades I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04 2014, 08:37

I have skimmed though the codex and both tormentor variants grenades cought my eyes.

Especially smaller one, PGL. Its really cheap on a sybarite and have a good 18 range.

Rule is - at the end of phase make LD check and if failed by amount - cause this amount of wounds with no armour or cover.

Yes, it doesnt work against marines, but still is good, against certain things like Broad and Crisis suits. Tau as a general very suceptable to this weapon.

One thing to notice - those wounds cant be allocated on models with Fearless rule, but if a unit gain Fearless via this model you can still allocate to the unit. Thats important vs Astra Militarum, sometimes i see big platton of infantry joined by Space Marine character.

Its not worth getting crazy with those grenades, but if you're planning to take Armour of Misery anyway you can take 2 or 3 PGL on warriors.

How do you think - what targets this weapon have? Will you take it?
Back to top Go down
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

Tormentor Grenades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tormentor Grenades   Tormentor Grenades I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04 2014, 10:17

Im up in the air about it, i really like it butthe marine immunity really bugs me maybe enough to just not take it, but yes it combos amazingly well with the armor of spite. Not sure on if something gains the fearless rule through a character doesnt still have the fearless rule
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

Tormentor Grenades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tormentor Grenades   Tormentor Grenades I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04 2014, 10:51

Read the Fearless rule. Its quite specific in its wording.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

Tormentor Grenades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tormentor Grenades   Tormentor Grenades I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04 2014, 12:08

It's wonderful against Tau (as none of their suits have fearless, and all have relatively mediocre leadership. Can sybarites take them? It would make a nice addition on deepstriking gunboats.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

Tormentor Grenades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tormentor Grenades   Tormentor Grenades I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04 2014, 12:46

Yes, they can. For a measily cost of 2 old venom blades.
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

Tormentor Grenades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tormentor Grenades   Tormentor Grenades I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04 2014, 12:55

Plus I think it is our only non-template weapon that ignores cover.

Just a pity it only works on a few opponents. All good if you don't mind tailoring
Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

Tormentor Grenades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tormentor Grenades   Tormentor Grenades I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04 2014, 13:00

With all the Aliance stuff going on it is common to meet armies from different codexes. And units that do not have Fearless or ATSKNF, even if there are marines. Fearless on all models in the unit, come to think of it - isnt that particulary common.

There are more combos like Farseer with Shard of Anaris, Space Marine character in a unit etc.
Lots of Chaos Marines units also dont have Fearless, bar Cult troops and those who have daemon special rule. Cultist will enjoy dying from crazy ilusions particulary, since they have abysmal leadership value.

Our Eldar cousins will be glad also, besides Wraith units and Phoenix lord there are no Fearless in profiles. By the look of it invul saves can be taken against Tormentor Grenades effect, so Seer Council will be protected.

Inquisition types also dont have fearless. Dont remember if assassins have.

Necrons have zero Fearless across the board - particulary funny to kill robot with fear. Hope i catch someones attention at this point. )) Well, come to think of it - wraiths have fearless. They also have invul so it doesnt matter. Not a target.

We've mentioned Tau before - they are suceptible. Low LD value and no fearless.

With Tyranids ofc there is a need to remove synapse creatures first. Then they'le eat each other and then die from fear.

Imperial guard doesnt have much fearless also - but still tanks and apc doesnt have the need.

Orks lost their Fearless and gained new special rule - so they to can be affected.

I dont remember what do sister have with fearless.

That leaves loyal marines of all sorts to be unaffected. And they sometimes take Allies from the list above.

So really, taking tormentor grenades isnt tailoring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tormentor Grenades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tormentor Grenades   Tormentor Grenades I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tormentor Grenades
Page 1 of 1