THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ideas for a Tormentor Titan

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

Ideas for a Tormentor Titan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a Tormentor Titan   Ideas for a Tormentor Titan I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 12:33

The shadow was cool. never could justify cutting apart that many vehicles back then, and now the old raiders are discontinued.
that predator ship is awesome, like the movie I take it?

The tormentor is about 1/2 way between warhound and reave(16")r in size, so much smaller then eldar phantom, about height of revenant(12") but bulkier from shoulder mounting guns and extra legs, I was going for about 14" tall, with extra 2" from longer legs with large blades.

found pictures of epic conversion with google image search
Ideas for a Tormentor Titan IMG_3748
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a Tormentor Titan   Ideas for a Tormentor Titan I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 12:36

Large-scaled to 14", the model lacks detailing. Trying to visualize it, it would need some massive changes.
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a Tormentor Titan   Ideas for a Tormentor Titan I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 12:50

Yea, it would need alot more detail, and joints in the legs, lol. That model is resting on four blades, noway to walk. I was planning to use two 12'' dolls or artists dummies (cut apart to reverse direction of some joints) for armatures and sculpt over with putty. height added with about a 4" extension of jointed blades on the legs so they would be three jointed, and bowed out. The general shape would be the same, minus the blades on the shoulder guns(how can anyone use a bayonet on there shoulder anyway) and I may put the hail of splinters on a talos style tail instead of the incubi tormentor helm way, see what looks better once legs and torso are bulked out.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a Tormentor Titan   Ideas for a Tormentor Titan I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 16:17

Better would be skeleton from bend PVC pipes

Here are some cool "tentacle" pictures

Ideas for a Tormentor Titan Ut2007darkwalker1bh2

Ideas for a Tormentor Titan Ut2007fury1dw7

Ideas for a Tormentor Titan Unreal-tournament-iii-20071114025857147_640w

just in case You would like to use those instead of "spider" legs.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Ideas for a Tormentor Titan   Ideas for a Tormentor Titan I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 16:34

Ork, those tentacles are killer. Those would look really good.
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a Tormentor Titan   Ideas for a Tormentor Titan I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 19:25

not sure about pvc pipe, thinest i have seen around here is 1/4" id, so the outside would be to thick, and very thick if using couplers. Unless you were talking about the thin tubes they sell like plasticard, Local_Ork, never worked with that stuff before, not sure what its made off. I'll order some of the thin tubing to make the external hydraulic cylinders.

Bent soft copper, or steel brake line could work.

I'll try to pick up some 3/16 steel tube for armature for hail of splinters tail, and phantom lance barrel (just to sculpt tover, won't be visible when done) I'll also pick up second doll to cut apart for main body and legs armature, they already curve in the rough shape, so it will save some putty, and help make sure I don't sculpt lopsided.

The joints on both eldar and imperial titans legs (especially hip joints)seem to be large ball and socket joints. Would it look right if I sculpted exposed muscle in the joints. Almost like the haemonculi grew giant muscles in vat to assist the hydraulics. Not sure it would seem plausible at that scale, and tormentor is more kabilite then haemonculi so maybe save that look for bigger pain engines?
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a Tormentor Titan   Ideas for a Tormentor Titan I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 19:26

Keeping with tentacles, why not make it a sort of hovering titan, a scaled up Talos/Chronos which of course also have tentacles?

I'm thinking I may go this route for mine when I get around to it - but lots of other stuff to do first.
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a Tormentor Titan   Ideas for a Tormentor Titan I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 19:28

Also, you don't have to keep it looking the Epic model. There were no official models for the Dark Eldar in Epic so everything had to be scratch-built. I'd follow something along the lines of what Ork posted and Dark Eldar-ize it further.
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a Tormentor Titan   Ideas for a Tormentor Titan I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 20:01

hovering would work, it does have jetpack, I was going to make mine walk(jets for short bursts) on 4 6" blades( 4" extending past legs) may put some tentacles on it, i'll get basic frame roughed in before deciding. Only loosely basing on epic model, just scale, number of arms and weapons. shape of limbs and body will be very different.
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a Tormentor Titan   Ideas for a Tormentor Titan I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 23:38

I think it should be partially organic like the Talos. I don't see anyone other than the Haemunculi building a giant robot to harvest pain. I was considering making a Scout Pain Titan, based off the Defiler with extensive conversions.

I rather like the idea of having tentacles. Bony ones, like the Cronos.

Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a Tormentor Titan   Ideas for a Tormentor Titan I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2011, 00:13

I've found PVC pipes that are a lot thiner than 1/4" in garden market.

Also, I think that even 10mm (about 0,4") is too thin for Titan legs.

But you may use metal.

And IMHO few muscles are way to go.
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a Tormentor Titan   Ideas for a Tormentor Titan I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2011, 09:32

The legs will be thicker then 10mm for the most part, but a armature that thick would limit how much I could include concave detail segments, or thin parts at joints, or oval cross-section. It will have four legs instead of two, so they legs will be thinner then bipeds legs. Will have to remember the pvc if I ever build imperial titan or stomps for my orks, would work great for that. I'm thinking of doing spindly organic muscle legs with armour, and external braces with hydraulics attached to them, I saw some hydraulics on a few coven models so it should fit.

in the epic background it seemed they were constructed for the kabels(piloted by dracon maybe?), with construction probably done by covens, since they would be only ones with skills to do so.

Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a Tormentor Titan   Ideas for a Tormentor Titan I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2011, 10:26

Something like this?
Ideas for a Tormentor Titan LashFinal123107Web
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a Tormentor Titan   Ideas for a Tormentor Titan I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2011, 12:04

wow, may attempt something like that for tail, probably won't look as good as that pic. legs were going to be 3 segmented, kinda insect like. I made a quick sketch in gimp (GNU image manipulation program) of what I ment, red is muscle, green armour plates.Ideas for a Tormentor Titan Tormentorlegsketch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a Tormentor Titan   Ideas for a Tormentor Titan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideas for a Tormentor Titan
Page 1 of 1