THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Duke is dead?

Go down 
+15
thesaltedwound
RikuXIII
Spiney Norman
The Red King
Barking Agatha
Evil Space Elves
wanderingblade
Mushkilla
Count Adhemar
Thor665
Lord Azrael
Deamon
average joe
Sizzly
Braden Campbell
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Braden Campbell
Kabalite Warrior
Braden Campbell

The Duke is dead? Empty
PostSubject: The Duke is dead?   The Duke is dead? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 15:19

Duke Slisscus... I hear that he did not show up for the newest version of our codex.

Is this true? Because, if so, I'm petitioning BL to let me write the story of what happened to him.
Back to top Go down
Sizzly
Hellion

The Duke is dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Duke is dead?   The Duke is dead? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 15:26

'tis true. No Duke, no Baron, no Lady, no Supreme Overlord... Any HQ that didn't have a model has left.
Back to top Go down
http://itoysoldiers.com
average joe
Kabalite Warrior
average joe

The Duke is dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Duke is dead?   The Duke is dead? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 15:32

Never fear. They'll all appear in the next supplement. GW is smart they know they can squeeze out another 50 bucks from us so that we get our favorite characters back.
Back to top Go down
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

The Duke is dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Duke is dead?   The Duke is dead? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 15:46

Well at least Malys and Vect are in the fluff. I haven't seen any mention of the Baron or the Duke.
Back to top Go down
Lord Azrael
Hellion
Lord Azrael

The Duke is dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Duke is dead?   The Duke is dead? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 15:47

I guess Kheradruakh got some new heads for his collection. One of them seems to be the one he was waiting for. I guess it was the one vect used to carry for a time on his neck. So his portal seem to work again and Kheradruakh finally walked back home as he also did not show up.

But seriously, they all show up in the stories of the new codex. So writing a new story s as hard as in the previous codex. They just not available for play.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

The Duke is dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Duke is dead?   The Duke is dead? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 16:03

Deamon wrote:
Well at least Malys and Vect are in the fluff.  I haven't seen any mention of the Baron or the Duke.
This is correct as far as I recall also.

Decapitator, Vect, and Malys all received fluff mentions.
I saw nothing about The Duke or The Baron even as far as fluff goes, so they seem pretty up for grabs as far as where they're at and what happened to them.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

The Duke is dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Duke is dead?   The Duke is dead? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 16:22

Thor665 wrote:
Deamon wrote:
Well at least Malys and Vect are in the fluff.  I haven't seen any mention of the Baron or the Duke.
This is correct as far as I recall also.

Decapitator, Vect, and Malys all received fluff mentions.
I saw nothing about The Duke or The Baron even as far as fluff goes, so they seem pretty up for grabs as far as where they're at and what happened to them.

Clutching at straws here (we need an emoticon for that!) but Sliscus is mentioned in the SW codex so maybe he's still around.
Back to top Go down
Braden Campbell
Kabalite Warrior
Braden Campbell

The Duke is dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Duke is dead?   The Duke is dead? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 16:54

Maybe those three Archons from whom he stole his core ships finally got their revenge on him... and without Slisscus, the drug trade in Commorragh dried up... and that's why Archons can't take combat drugs anymore.

Or... Vect got tired of seeing the Dark City's elite all strung out, declared Prohibition, and the Duke's narcotic supply empire collapsed, leaving him with nothing.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

The Duke is dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Duke is dead?   The Duke is dead? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 17:38

Hmmm, maybe he was on a cultural exchange with the Tau, after all Aun'Shi visited the Dark City recently. Wink
Back to top Go down
wanderingblade
Kabalite Warrior
wanderingblade

The Duke is dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Duke is dead?   The Duke is dead? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 17:48

Heh. The Untouchables, with Ness played by Vect, and Al Capone by The Duke...
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

The Duke is dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Duke is dead?   The Duke is dead? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 18:16

Braden Campbell wrote:
Duke Slisscus... I hear that he did not show up for the newest version of our codex.

Is this true? Because, if so, I'm petitioning BL to let me write the story of what happened to him.

This would pretty much make my year. Do it! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

The Duke is dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Duke is dead?   The Duke is dead? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 18:24

You... seem a bit keen to write dark eldar people's obituaries, Mr. Campbell! Surprised

Duke Sliscus isn't dead. He pulled a big score, retired from piracy, and bought a beachfront house in the Commorragh equivalent of California. He manages bands and started his own record label. Naturally he still deals a little on the side, just for old time's sake. Smile
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

The Duke is dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Duke is dead?   The Duke is dead? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 18:33

Naturally
Back to top Go down
Braden Campbell
Kabalite Warrior
Braden Campbell

The Duke is dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Duke is dead?   The Duke is dead? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 18:39

Heh. I too think the Duke is on some kind of hiatus, rather than dead and gone.

But what happened to him, and why is he no longer pulling his drug and pillage-laiden vessels into Port Carmine? And is it a coincidence that Vect has suddenly taken to no longer being seen out and about?

There's a story in here somewhere...
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

The Duke is dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Duke is dead?   The Duke is dead? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 18:44

Ha! You rock! Smile
Back to top Go down
Spiney Norman
Hellion
Spiney Norman

The Duke is dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Duke is dead?   The Duke is dead? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 19:00

Isn't it obvious, Malys and Vect both blew each other's heads off and will be spending the next four years regrowing their bodies in a haemonculus lab, the baron quit after they managed to make Hellions even worse than in the last book and the Duke's drug trade has gone out of business after demand for Wyches to accompany real space raids dropped off a cliff.
Back to top Go down
RikuXIII
Slave
RikuXIII

The Duke is dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Duke is dead?   The Duke is dead? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 20:36

I'm still running the Duke as my archon and painting my army to match. With Sslyth as a full court it feels even more fluffy.

Going to be using the head of the dark elf black ark fleetmaster kit. Seems very Sliscussy
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

The Duke is dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Duke is dead?   The Duke is dead? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 00:42

I think the codex fluff is pretty clear about what Vect is busy with, but I too nearly shed one for the Duke.

...until this thread! Do it, you excellent man.
Back to top Go down
http://Www.bakeframes.bigcartel.com
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

The Duke is dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Duke is dead?   The Duke is dead? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 05:51

I would say, if you're intent to write the death of Sliscus - make it the death of Sliscus, not 'things Vect is doing and how they affected Sliscus'.

A death story of a fluff character is something I think deserves celebrating (or vilifying, natch Wink ) the character. Not co-stars.
Back to top Go down
Kepisaun
Slave
Kepisaun

The Duke is dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Duke is dead?   The Duke is dead? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 06:09

As far as I am concerned the Duke will live on forever, much like the dread pirate Roberts! (Yes I am referring to the Princess Bride)
Back to top Go down
Aroban
Kabalite Warrior
Aroban

The Duke is dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Duke is dead?   The Duke is dead? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 16:03

When I read my DE Data Cards today I found an interesting note - In contrast to our codex these cards contain descriptions of the respective drug.

The description on the +1 Toughness drug says that this drug is fairly rare for the DE and Duke Sliscus is the only one that has a plentyful stock of it - emphasizing on "has" meaning he is not dead by the authors Very Happy

I bet on him coming back somehow granting the army the +1 toughness drug without the need for a roll Wink
Back to top Go down
Braden Campbell
Kabalite Warrior
Braden Campbell

The Duke is dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Duke is dead?   The Duke is dead? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 15:29

I've made some inquiries...
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

The Duke is dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Duke is dead?   The Duke is dead? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 18:09

As one of Duke's biggest fans and supporters since the 2010 release I have to say that I was gutted to see him reduced to one mention on a combat drug card.

However I will continue running the Sky Serpents and now have a Duke who's twin blades have the flexibility of counting as a husk blade or agoniser.

Do you think with Duke 'being' Phil Kelly's has had anything to do with this? #malalflashbacks

And Braden, you'd make me a very happy Kabalite if you did a short story about Duke...
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

The Duke is dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Duke is dead?   The Duke is dead? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12 2014, 14:37

There's a mention of the Duke in the Haemonculus coven supplement. Not much but still better than being erased.
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

The Duke is dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Duke is dead?   The Duke is dead? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12 2014, 20:49

There's no reason to think that just because a character doesn't have rules or isn't mentioned in a certain codex that he's gone/dead/whatever. He just doesn't have rules and doesn't have any more stories in the current codex.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Duke is dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Duke is dead?   The Duke is dead? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Duke is dead?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next