THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Assaulting a dead enemy

Go down 
+7
Massaen
Seshiru
Count Adhemar
Shadows Revenge
Enfernux
Darkgreen Pirate
Scorpion
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Scorpion
Master of Mandrakes

Assaulting a dead enemy Empty
PostSubject: Assaulting a dead enemy   Assaulting a dead enemy I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28 2012, 23:00

If you kill a unit in shooting phase, can you then assault another? The book says that I can ONLY assault the unit I shot at...But if the unit dies by shooting then what?
Back to top Go down
Darkgreen Pirate
Sybarite
Darkgreen Pirate

PostSubject: Re: Assaulting a dead enemy   Assaulting a dead enemy I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28 2012, 23:35

afaik, you are boned. At least thats how its played around here.
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Assaulting a dead enemy   Assaulting a dead enemy I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29 2012, 00:32

if the unit dies to shooting, then you dont assault. Its that simple, and its in the book. You cant assault a unite that isnt there - like you can declare you want to assault the drop pod that isnt in play, but in reserve and will come on.
Q: is it on the field?
a)Yes. - Shoot it
b)No. - do nothing
a)Q: did you kill the unite?
a)Yes. - tough luck
b)No. - assault!
b)Q? are you kiddin' me?!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Assaulting a dead enemy   Assaulting a dead enemy I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29 2012, 03:54

you can only assault the unit you shot, so if you think you will whipe them out, dont shoot.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Assaulting a dead enemy   Assaulting a dead enemy I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29 2012, 09:43

There was a big argument about this on Bolter & Chainsword forums a year or so ago because someone decided that the way the 5e rules were formatted (not even written - formatted) meant that the restriction on only assaulting the unit that you shot didn't apply. He was in a minority of one though.

Short answer, if you shoot at a unit in the shooting phase and kill it you cannot assault anything. Only exception is that if you destroy a transport by shooting you can asault the unit that was embarked in it.
Back to top Go down
Seshiru
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Assaulting a dead enemy   Assaulting a dead enemy I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29 2012, 16:38

Where can you find said exception?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Assaulting a dead enemy   Assaulting a dead enemy I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29 2012, 16:52

Don't have rulebook with me I'm afraid but it will probably be in the assault section, or possibly in the transport section.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Assaulting a dead enemy   Assaulting a dead enemy I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29 2012, 17:52

you can indeed charge a unit that has had its transport destroyed - page 80, right hand column, 3rd paragraph
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Assaulting a dead enemy   Assaulting a dead enemy I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29 2012, 17:59

Massaen wrote:
you can indeed charge a unit that has had its transport destroyed - page 80, right hand column, 3rd paragraph

How had I not noticed this before?! affraid Useful, useful stuff, though I tend to try to blow up transports from a distance. Awesome.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Assaulting a dead enemy   Assaulting a dead enemy I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29 2012, 18:56

Evil Space Elves wrote:
Massaen wrote:

How had I not noticed this before?! affraid Useful, useful stuff, though I tend to try to blow up transports from a distance. Awesome.

This was also the case in 5th edition by the way. Not to rub salt in the wounds or anything. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Assaulting a dead enemy   Assaulting a dead enemy I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29 2012, 19:08

Wow, I didn't actually know that... I'm glad I know now, though! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Crimson Dom
Slave
Crimson Dom

PostSubject: Re: Assaulting a dead enemy   Assaulting a dead enemy I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29 2012, 19:17

Yes, that rule is brilliant; especially combined with the ability to throw grenades at vehicles. I threw HWG at a rhino, knocked the last hull point off then charged the marines as they fell out.
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Assaulting a dead enemy   Assaulting a dead enemy I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30 2012, 13:16

Every time I throw a bloody grenade it scatters on my own head! Stupid scatter...
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Assaulting a dead enemy   Assaulting a dead enemy I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30 2012, 13:35

@tlronin: "what is love?" well what your scatter feals for you isnt ^^
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Assaulting a dead enemy   Assaulting a dead enemy I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30 2012, 13:41

Exactly. No love from my scatter dice man.
Back to top Go down
Seshiru
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Assaulting a dead enemy   Assaulting a dead enemy I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30 2012, 15:45

thank you, and yes i knew it was that way in 5th, but for some reason I was under the impression it wasn't that way in 6th
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assaulting a dead enemy   Assaulting a dead enemy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Assaulting a dead enemy
Page 1 of 1