THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Dead City (500pts)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Painbiro
Kabalite Warrior

The Dead City (500pts) Empty
PostSubject: The Dead City (500pts)   The Dead City (500pts) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06 2011, 02:35

This is my first DE battle report, Guard vs my Kabal of the poisoned tongue. We rolled dawn of war and annihilation. Opponent got first turn.

He deployed in all the buildings, while I went all-in reserve to come on first turn.

He skipped his first turn, doing nothing. I moved my raider flat out and put Malys and my other kabalite squad in cover.

In shooting, I shot my splinter cannon on the foot-based kabalite squad, killing one from the command squad after some depressing rolls.

Turn two, my opponent didn't move and shot at my foot kabalites and Malys with both his veteran squads, killing two evil space elves.

My raider moved 6'' and the passengers rapid fired on the nearest veteran squad (the one with the heavy bolter), killing four after the blaster and raider shot too. They passed their leadership test due to the nearby Commissar. The splinter cannon killed one.

Turn three, the heavy bolter veteran shot at the raider with heavy bolter and plasma gun, stopped from rapid fire by night shields (Is that what they do? or is it just melta?). He blew off the dark lance with plasma but the heavy bolter failed miserably, rolling badly to penetrate.

My turn now, and I moved Malys and her squad up some more, shooting with the splinter cannon but rolling binary code - 1122. My raider stayed still, letting me reduce his heavy bolter veteran squad to the big gun and plasma gun.

Turn four now - both veteran squads moved and ran towards me, the autocannon not having line of sight to anything now.

All I needed to do was wipe out his heavy bolter squad, and he conceded on the grounds that he would not be able to kill anything before the game finished.

So, the final kill points: DE, 1, guard, 0.

Far from a decent tactical game for me - the dark lance warrior in the raider did nothing, just like Lady Malys. If I had removed the lance warrior and replaced her with Malys maybe my HQ would have done something.

Still, it was a fun battle.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

The Dead City (500pts) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead City (500pts)   The Dead City (500pts) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06 2011, 05:08

As a bit of advice - I always like to see the army list(s) posted up - helps make it easier to follow the action.

Sounds like you ran the night shields fine.
Back to top Go down

The Dead City (500pts)
Page 1 of 1