THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 point tournament incoming, what do you think about this list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
havik110
Slave
havik110

2000 point tournament incoming, what do you think about this list Empty
PostSubject: 2000 point tournament incoming, what do you think about this list   2000 point tournament incoming, what do you think about this list I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 19:44

So the tournament is 2k, no fortifications, no super heavies, no allies, no formations, no dataslates. Pick 1 book and make a list...

4 * -10 man warrior squad
--1 Blaster
-Raiders
--Dark Lance, Splinter Wracks, Night Shields

-5 Scourges
--4 haywire Blasters

-5 scourges
--4 heat lances

-5 Trueborn
--4 Blasters
-Venom
--Splinter Cannon

-Razorwing
--Dissys, Night Shields

-Void Raven
--Void Lances, Night Shields

-Ravager
--3 Dark Lances, Night Shields (thinking of removing Night shields because if you use them you dont shoot)

-Ravager
--3 Dissys, Night Shields

-Archon
--Shadow Field, Husk Blade, Pistol that gives back 1 wound (only because I had 5 points), Relic that up the power from pain if you wound with S4AP2 no saves (forgot name)

-5 Incubi, 1 upgrade
-Raider, Dissy, Night Shield

Now I am tempted to remove the Void Raven but then I have no anti air. I could also drop the lance ravager for another trueborn squad in a venom...

I dont need the archon or incubi and maybe a hemo is a better idea but I wanted a cc unit.

I have no mandrakes or I might want to take some. I have no grots but I want to convert them but the tourny is 2 weeks away so Ill pass...I have no court models.

I have 9 bikes if you think theyd be good, I have 20 hellions plus a baron Sad
Back to top Go down
WrackYourBrains
Hellion
WrackYourBrains

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point tournament incoming, what do you think about this list   2000 point tournament incoming, what do you think about this list I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 21:49

I usually prefer Splinter Cannons in the Kabalites' Raiders, but looking at your list I don't think you need the extra anti-infantry shots. The Blasters add a bit of versatility which is a good thing for your troop choices.

If I were you I'd go all or nothing with assault units. An Archon with Incubi makes a decent little unit but in a 2k list a solitary CC unit seems a little thin. I'd be tempted to give them some support in the form of Wyches (not a popular choice at the moment) or possibly the Reavers, or drop them in favour of a shooty/support HQ (maybe as a way to give your Heat Lance Scourges a Webway Portal?). Webway Hellions could also work as CC support.

[Side note: Wyches and Hellions don't get a lot of love on the interwebs because it's hard to justify their output/cost ratio. Maybe that is the case, but I've always found that if you NEED a CC unit, it doesn't matter how much of a better bargain your shooty guys are. A square hole needs a square peg, not a cost effective round peg.]

Keep the Lance Ravager. Again, I know they're not as cost effective as before but I really think that a mobile triple lance platform is too good to abandon completely.

Anti-Air is a problem, not just for your list but for all DE lists. Can a Voidraven do the job by itself? Gunna have to test that one out. Maybe Lances on your Razorwing would be a better shout?

Everything else I like, very solid. Nice work.
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point tournament incoming, what do you think about this list   2000 point tournament incoming, what do you think about this list I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 00:41

Bikes are still good for tank hunting. They cant take land raiders but against rear armor for 219 points you can bring 9 with cluster caltrops and heat lances (or blasters).
Back to top Go down
havik110
Slave
havik110

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point tournament incoming, what do you think about this list   2000 point tournament incoming, what do you think about this list I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 13:36

WrackYourBrains wrote:
I usually prefer Splinter Cannons in the Kabalites' Raiders, but looking at your list I don't think you need the extra anti-infantry shots. The Blasters add a bit of versatility which is a good thing for your troop choices.

If I were you I'd go all or nothing with assault units. An Archon with Incubi makes a decent little unit but in a 2k list a solitary CC unit seems a little thin. I'd be tempted to give them some support in the form of Wyches (not a popular choice at the moment) or possibly the Reavers, or drop them in favour of a shooty/support HQ (maybe as a way to give your Heat Lance Scourges a Webway Portal?). Webway Hellions could also work as CC support.

[Side note: Wyches and Hellions don't get a lot of love on the interwebs because it's hard to justify their output/cost ratio. Maybe that is the case, but I've always found that if you NEED a CC unit, it doesn't matter how much of a better bargain your shooty guys are. A square hole needs a square peg, not a cost effective round peg.]

Keep the Lance Ravager. Again, I know they're not as cost effective as before but I really think that a mobile triple lance platform is too good to abandon completely.

Anti-Air is a problem, not just for your list but for all DE lists. Can a Voidraven do the job by itself? Gunna have to test that one out. Maybe Lances on your Razorwing would be a better shout?

Everything else I like, very solid. Nice work.

Thanks for the comments. I like the razorwing for cheap troop annihilation...you drop 4 large blasts and 2 sets of dissies and units die...

as to Bleaksoul, for 140 you get 4 heat lances or 4 haywire blasters on scourges...that is a good set up for land raiders which I wouldnt have a problem with in this list anyways...but for 146 (? cant remember off the top of my head you have 6 reavers with 2 heat lances and and 2 clusters, which now work for light tank hunting...2d6 strength 6 hits plus 4 st 4 hits should take out light armor pretty easily...but then your reavers are close to being assaulted...thats why I prefer the scourged with blasters...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point tournament incoming, what do you think about this list   2000 point tournament incoming, what do you think about this list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 point tournament incoming, what do you think about this list
Page 1 of 1