THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Conversion ideas, HELP

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Harlock
Slave
Harlock

Conversion ideas, HELP Empty
PostSubject: Conversion ideas, HELP   Conversion ideas, HELP I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16 2014, 19:56

Ok first off i have not had a chance to pick up the new 7th edition rule book or D. eldar codex. so im still stuck with the 5th edition one which is why im lookin for help in a conversion idea.

ok tryin to keep up withe rules and such best i can apperently tyranids (my primary army) can now ally with other factions/ itslef even if its "come the apocolypse" ruleing. and for the sake of backround noise i discoverd "HARLOCK: THE SPACE PIRATE" on netflix. you can probaly guess were this is going.

bottom line i want to make my attatchment/ally army to look and act like the animes. i did some research and apperently their is already a rumord 40k counterpart already," rouge trader HAARLOCK", who shares many of the traits including the eye-patch scars and pirate ship. the biggest difference is Haarlock is a woman while Harlock is a male. and being space pirates already i look to my Dark Eldar for a more natural converson.

heres what i have so far.

i need a captain that can look like Harlock and have some of his epic-ness. somthin along the lines of asdrubeal Vect. he has an awsome 2+ invuln and some pretty good melle skills and tactical abilities.

a ship like his signature Dias for the base (a basic ravager/raider for functional purposes)

and probaly a unit of wyches with hexbride upgrade for the crew and a unit kabalite warriors spliced with SM gear to make the boarding crew.

concept is the captain and crew will fly around disrupting units and drawing fire until and enemy can board the arcadia (emergency disembarking) while the boarding crew destroys enemy units along the way (kabalite warriors via webway gate)

as said this is all 5th ed codex and i can realy use an update on viable options to keep the idea and function properly. cause i think i heard Vect was removed altogether from the codex
Back to top Go down
daxxglax
Slave
daxxglax

PostSubject: Re: Conversion ideas, HELP   Conversion ideas, HELP I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 05:45

Vect is out of the new codex, I'm afraid (as are Malys, Sliscus, and the Decapitator). Hopefully some of the new relics will allow you to tailor an Archon to your theming. Also, jsyk, the way the Webway Portal works now is that it gives its carrier and their transport/unit Deep Strike with no scatter.

I'm afraid I'm not at all familiar with Harlock, but I'd probably expand outside of just Wyches and Kabalites. A unit of Reavers or Scourges (both having dropped in points and the latter now able to take 4 special weapons, rather than two) might bolster you well. What are you taking Tyranid-wise?
Back to top Go down
jbwms713
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Conversion ideas, HELP   Conversion ideas, HELP I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 07:10

Actually just watched that not too long ago.

You could certainly build up an Archon as Harlock... and a Succubus as his Lieutenant (or whatever she was) would be another good conversion.

Incubi would be great for the heavy-armor ax wielders. Kabalites for the basic dudes would be dandy as well, I should think... although their armor (the anime) was a bit heavier-looking than what we typically tote around.

The biggest issue I foresee is that there really isn't a good allegory for things like Reavers, Mandrakes, Scourges... a lot of solid units these days. Of course, you can always just expand on what the anime shows, and keep whatever style you have going.

In the end, pirates be good pirates... so yeah, the army choice is solid.
Back to top Go down
HokutoAndy
Kabalite Warrior
HokutoAndy

PostSubject: Re: Conversion ideas, HELP   Conversion ideas, HELP I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 09:14

Witch Hunters have a lot of trench coats, look at them for the Harlock body.

You might be better off with Craftworld Eldar to represent Harlock and his crew. Pirate Prince Yriel is stat wise a neat fit, and he already has a long coat. If you're using Dark Eldar rules then an Archon works.

For Harlock's heavy armored boarding crew, model wise something like plastic Chaos Warriors would be a good base as they wear heavy plate armor. Rules wise Incubi and Scorpions are a good fit as they're heavy armor assault units. Doing their heads right will be very difficult though.

This is going to be a difficult conversion job to get them EXACTLY like the movie characters. An 'homage' would be easier (such as taking Yriel and painting him in Harlock colors with Harlock hair).

Back to top Go down
Harlock
Slave
Harlock

PostSubject: Re: Conversion ideas, HELP   Conversion ideas, HELP I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 14:51

thank you all that more or less the exact info i needed.

incase somone else is intersted i was thinking of the reaver jet bike helmets, spacemarine torsos&legs, and crafting some extra bits on to it for the added bulk.and i only figured kabalite and wyches cause i just wanted a small crew, just harlock and his ship nothin more. its all justs fun list i havnt even considerd what tyranids casue i dont have the 7th BRB to realy play.just seemed like itd be fun watching my bugs clash against chaos/grey-knights/IG/tau/ect and then a random crew of space pirate just come charging outa no were with intent on robbing ships while they are more distraced with the bugs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conversion ideas, HELP   Conversion ideas, HELP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Conversion ideas, HELP
Page 1 of 1