THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Rough starting list 1500pts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Homer Badman
Slave
Homer Badman

Rough starting list 1500pts Empty
PostSubject: Rough starting list 1500pts   Rough starting list 1500pts I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 14:22

Hi all,

I've just bought my first box of Dark Eldar. I'd like to run the following past everybody to see if it's a viable list to build towards. I don't really want to have a load of models which I'm never going to use! Very Happy. It's a realspace raiders list and I am happy with the fast attack and troops (unless people can see improvements) but I'm unsure about the HQ and how to spend my remaining points. The core of the force is as follows:-

Warriors x10, 1 SC on raider with NS and SR 180
Warriors x10, 1 SC on raider with NS and SR 180
Warriors x5, on venom with extra SC 105
Warriors x5, on venom with extra SC 105
Scourges x5, 4xHB 120
Scourges x5, 4xHB 120
Reavers x6, x2 Caltrops 126
Reavers x6, x2 Caltrops 126

Which comes to 1062. I definitely want an Archon to start off with, I'll buy a Succubus and Haemoculus as I go down the road. Reading up it seems the melee Archon is dead so a blaster Archon with a WWP probably seems the best bet. I'm unsure to give him a blasterborn or small court as a bodyguard though. I'm thinking 3 sslyth and 2 medusae on a venom probably. Thoughts?

Finally I should have enough points for either a ravager or a razorwing left over. Which is recommended?

Thanks for reading! Any and all advice appreciated. Once I get my list together its just the simple matter of draining my bank account to buy it all!

Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

Rough starting list 1500pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough starting list 1500pts   Rough starting list 1500pts I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 14:36

Melee archon isn't as dead as many doomsayers are preaching. He's not as good as he was, but he is still viable with a suitable bodyguard.

Archon with an agoniser, shadowfield and animus vitae with say 4 Incubi, grotesques, Sslyth etc is good and will be a work horse in combat, so don't worry too much!

Core of the list looks very solid. I think this is going to be the core for most people, myself included. I would consider a unit of blasterborn in a raider or venom as a good elite choice though. Bomber is way way way to fragile for its points cost. If you want a flier go Razorwing I would say.

However with all that stuff, your looking at about 1750 points anyway Razz
Back to top Go down

Rough starting list 1500pts
Page 1 of 1