THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Legion of the Damned

Go down 
+6
Lord_Alino
Dragontree
barenone
The_Burning_Eye
Tengu
Squidmaster
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Legion of the Damned - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legion of the Damned   Legion of the Damned - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21 2015, 11:06

Ok chaps. This is the end.

The final ten Legionnaires have been completed!

Two Legionnaires and one special weapon:

Legion of the Damned - Page 2 LotD17_zpsukfncxtw

Three more Legionnaires:

Legion of the Damned - Page 2 LotD18_zpshnhpkcqc

Two more:

Legion of the Damned - Page 2 LotD19_zpsc4mnlff1

And the FINAL two!

Legion of the Damned - Page 2 LotD20_zpspamgamnl

And there we have it! The complete 41 model, 1800pts army. The lone Inquisitor and the spectral allies who come to his aid.

I've a game booked for them next week, so I'm going to use that as a chance to get some shots of these guys both in their units and as a whole army.
But beyond that, this build is completely complete. The entire army built to the points level I'm likely to use it for the far foreseeable future.

More poictures to follow at the end of next week after their first game.

In the meantime, a quick assessmenrt of the army list so you can see what the plan was:

Detachment 1:
Ordo Malleus Inquisitor - Daemon Hammer, Terminator Armour, Psycannon, Lv1 Psyker, Tome of Vethric.

Detachment 2:
10 Legion of the Damned - Plasmagun, Heavy Flamer, Sergeant with Power Weapon, Combi-Plasmagun and Animus Malorum
5 Legion of the Damned - Meltagun, Multimelta, Sergeant with Power Fist and Combi-Meltagun
5 Legion of the Damned - Meltagun, Multimelta, Sergeant with Power Fist and Combi-Meltagun
5 Legion of the Damned - Meltagun, Heavy Bolter, Sergeant with Power Weapon and Combi-Plasmagun

Detachment 3:
10 Legion of the Damned - Flamer, Heavy Flamer, Sergeant with Power Weapon, Combi-Plasmagun and Animus Malorum
5 Legion of the Damned - Flamer, Heavy Bolter, Sergeant with Power Weapon and Combi-Plasmagun
5 Legion of the Damned - Flamer, Heavy Bolter, Sergeant with Power Weapon and Combi-Plasmagun

And thats what we have. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Legion of the Damned   Legion of the Damned - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21 2015, 15:12

Legion of the Damned - Page 2 LotD21_zpsxdxvkndv
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Legion of the Damned   Legion of the Damned - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21 2015, 15:53

Beautiful work.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Legion of the Damned   Legion of the Damned - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16 2015, 14:31

So, after two months of an Escelation League, I fairly quickly came to the conclusion that this isn;t the best thought out army in the universe in terms of table-top usefulness.
The Inquisitor tried very hard to survive, but just couldn;t most of the time before the Legion finally made their somewhat unreliable appearance. They had their moments, but not often.

SO.

This Legion are going to get folded into my Last Chancers as one grand and variable force or utter strangeness. And to add to that, I'm adding a new Detachment to be strange, stupid, and powerful, and I think to work a lot better alongside the Legion than the Inquisitor.

And that addition is Cypher, Lord of the Fallen.

I dug into the bits box, and found ONE last pair of Space Marine legs, and s the build began:

Legion of the Damned - Page 2 Cypher1_zps3cjjtyvs

My Cypher is a somehwta trimmed down version, helmed and not hood for a more straight forward battlefield presence and wielding slightly newer versions of his classic pistols.
I went for a Berzwerker helm to more cloesely resemble a classic knight for his origins on Caliban, and a trio of scars through the Imperials Eagle on his front to show both age, battle damage, and a hint of intentiioanl desecration of the Imperial logo?
And on his back, unsheathed (lets say he lost it) is the Lion Sword, exposed and broken. My one quible with the Cypher model is that the Lion Sword always seemed too small for a weapon wielded by a Primarch, so this version only shows a broken end for a sword which could feasibly be a LOT longer.
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: Legion of the Damned   Legion of the Damned - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06 2016, 03:52

I really like the army you've created here. You've brought some truly awesome ideas for the flames and the colours used to life. I do second the idea for darker bases, but that's a very minor detail in the grand scheme of your beautiful Legion models.

I think Cypher is a good choice to replace the Inquisitor with, but I can't see any one, singular model surviving the first turn on their own.

For this dilemma, have you considered playing a detachment of cheap units purely for early game survival? I could see some scouts with camo gear going to ground, or drop pods coming into the safest places on the board on turn 1 working.

Fluff-wise, it could be a behind-enemy-lines sort of mission for the scouts, except that the enemy finds out they're nearby and look set to surround and kill them. Or perhaps there's strange energy readings/relic of the emperor in a location, and head quarters have dispatched a few marines in pods to investigate. They only realise afterwards that they're vastly outnumbered and going to be promptly slaughtered.

Queue the Legion of the Damn, arriving just in time to save their living space marines.

Just food for thought. I'd be interested to see how the single Cypher detachment would work - I'm not actually familiar with his ruleset so he could be all you need to get past turn 1.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Legion of the Damned   Legion of the Damned - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06 2016, 11:15

Well, actually, it turned out completely illegal.

I couldn't use Cypher solo, because no-one of the armies which allow for him allow for only one HQ unit except for Inquisition, but then I discovered that Cypher CAN'T be the compulsary choice. I had to take an Inquisitior too.
But seeing as Inquisitors are quite cheap, I took the cheapest version available alongside Cypher and it worked out. I was able to hide both models in the best terrain spots I could find to avoid as much fire as possible.
In slightly larger points games, I have also been throwing in a Void Shield Generator for extra survivability.
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: Legion of the Damned   Legion of the Damned - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06 2016, 22:03

I'm glad you figured out a way to get it working because your Cypher model is awesome. An Inquisitor and Cypher teaming up for some diabolical scheme, and then getting saved by ghost marines.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Legion of the Damned   Legion of the Damned - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07 2016, 11:21

Yeah, it worked quite nicely. They threw done against a Ravenwing force a while back, and had a real nice, thematic feel to it. Like the Dark Angels were slammning down on an Inquisitors secret meeting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legion of the Damned   Legion of the Damned - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Legion of the Damned
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2