THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Where to buy Grotesques

Go down 
+7
LSK
spellcheck2001
Anterzhul
DingK
Leninade
Evil Space Elves
merse24
11 posters
AuthorMessage
merse24
Kabalite Warrior
merse24

Where to buy Grotesques Empty
PostSubject: Where to buy Grotesques   Where to buy Grotesques I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24 2014, 16:00

I'm more than a little disappointed at the moment. GW has released what I consider to be a great supplement and assuming that their motive was to increase sales of models that were not previously selling well.... they still do not have Grotesques available on their website to the US.

I've been scouring Ebay, bartertown and the dakka trade forum with no luck.

Any other ideas where I can pick up some of these models? I would prefer to not convert anything.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Grotesques   Where to buy Grotesques I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24 2014, 16:15

Ummmm.....
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Dark-Eldar-Grotesque

There you go. Items that are not currently available are restocked as GW gets them. The Direct Only items usually take them 2 weeks or so to get out even when they are in stock. Ask you LFGS if they can order them for you. I know that my LFGS (Mythic Games in Santa Cruz) orders "Direct Only" items all the time for me.
Back to top Go down
Leninade
Kabalite Warrior
Leninade

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Grotesques   Where to buy Grotesques I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29 2014, 17:25

A cheaper and frankly better looking option would be to convert a pack of blight Kings with spare talos bits. I can't stand that mono pose
Back to top Go down
DingK
Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Grotesques   Where to buy Grotesques I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29 2014, 18:32

There's plenty of topics going around now with conversion ideas for different/cheaper Grotesques. Vargheists or Rat Ogres from WFB do the trick, or the Warspears that have doing the rounds, with Talos bits anywhere you can fit them.
Back to top Go down
merse24
Kabalite Warrior
merse24

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Grotesques   Where to buy Grotesques I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29 2014, 19:45

Ok cool. I'll try those. Thanks for the replies
Back to top Go down
Anterzhul
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Grotesques   Where to buy Grotesques I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29 2014, 22:05

Damn I'd never thought of blight kings, but those are SO perfect for it, cheers mate
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Grotesques   Where to buy Grotesques I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2014, 15:24

There is a fella (or lady) in the barter port looking to sell 4 grots at the monent Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
LSK
Kabalite Warrior
LSK

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Grotesques   Where to buy Grotesques I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2014, 15:55

if you're able to convert them I guess the cheaper thing is to get some Island of Blood (WFB starter set) Rat Ogres.
You can easily find them on ebay by set of 2 for around 10€ / 10£ / 10$ more or less.

some Hell Dorado miniatures can also do the trick.
Some other fleshy ones
Back to top Go down
dmateja
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Grotesques   Where to buy Grotesques I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06 2014, 19:34

I used Chaos Spawn when they had the Tide of Spawn boxed set available. 10 spawn and some chaos marines. I sold off the marines and converted the Spawn into Beasts of Nurgle for my Demons and Grots for my Dark Eldar.
Back to top Go down
Jehoel
Kabalite Warrior
Jehoel

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Grotesques   Where to buy Grotesques I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06 2014, 19:58

I Used the fantasy Vargheist models with bits from the Talos box. I never made any conversions before, but they came out great which speaks to the usefullness of the original models
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Grotesques   Where to buy Grotesques I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07 2014, 03:23

I quite like the design of the monopose finecast model, enough that I don't want to go with one of the traditional conversion routes. I'm considering buying several official Grotesques, hacking them up, and reposing them. The thing is, I don't really want to do that, because finecast, and because lots of work, and because I'm afraid that shortly after I commit to that plan, GW will release plastic Grotesques.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Grotesques   Where to buy Grotesques I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07 2014, 10:08

My GW grots and talos just arrived. Lets see how to convert them )) Luckily we have ESE who already paved the way with Talos bits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Grotesques   Where to buy Grotesques I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where to buy Grotesques
Page 1 of 1