THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Pure Dark Eldar in a friendly campaign game

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aschen
Sybarite
Aschen

Pure Dark Eldar in a friendly campaign game Empty
PostSubject: Pure Dark Eldar in a friendly campaign game   Pure Dark Eldar in a friendly campaign game I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02 2014, 02:42

just got done with a fun game with a friend at the FLGS. We were playing the Mymeara campaign. We played the "encounter at Relay Station 849/X. For those who are unfamiliar, it is table quarter setup. Victory condition is 1 pt for each unit you have on the Imperial side of the table. Eldar go first (but Imperials may seize). We changed the points to 1250 Imperial (with 2 Defense lines w/ quad guns, and 2 bastions for free) and 1500 for Eldar.
I dont know the names of some space marine units, so I'll try to guess here
My list:
Archon, WWP, Husk Blade, Shadowfield
6 Grotesque, Abberation, 3 Liquifier Guns
5 Warriors, Venom, Xsp Cannon
5 Warriors, Venom, Xsp Cannon
10 Warriors, Sp Cannon, Raider, NS, Splinter Racks
5 Trueborn, 4 Blasters, Venom, Xsp Cannon
5 Trueborn, 4 Blasters, Venom, Xsp Cannon
10 Mandrakes
1 Razorwing Jet Fighter
1 Razorwing Jet Fighter

His List (roughly)
1 Wolf Priest
1 Wolf Lord
1 something psychiky
5 Long Fang Multimelta, 2 las, missile launcher
10 Grey Hunters? (normal troops) Plasma Gun, Drop Pod w/ big blast template
15 wolf guard? (ws 3, pistol/cc weapon)

I think thats about right. Firstly, I was surprised that I could take so much in 1500 (hopefully I did the math right!)

My first turn. I shot out the quad guns, and took down a couple of the big blob squad. Nothing too big. --His first turn he shot his long fangs at a venom and downed it, and dropped his grey hunters behind another venom, caused it to jink, but his plasma gun overheated twice, and I jinked the glance from the bolter.

My Second turn, My two jets, and my Grotesques came in. Grots dropped behind the big squad. With six missiles, 3 liquifiers, and 2 disintigrator cannons at em, they dropped it to a 5 man unit (much wow, big shooting). --His second turn, he took out another venom with the long fangs, shot his Wolf Guys at my grots, and charged in. Liquifiers killed another 2-3 on the charge, leaving him with his wolf priest, a champ, and another guy. Archon offed one of them (Abberation took the challenge). Wolf Priest got lucky rerolls and ended up wounding the Abberation 3 times, and I failed my FNP 3 times. Grotesques do another two wounds to the unit, taking out the champ, and dropping one wound on the priest.

My third turn, I fly my jets close enough to ignore the Aegis, and drop enough Disintigrator fire to strip the long fangs down to just the Independent Character in the squad. The two venoms left (one having jinked) fires at the squad in my back lines, knocking a few more guys out of it. Assault phase has my Grotesques finishing off his wolf priest. --- His third turn, he hops into a bastion with his two Independent characters left, and proceeds to kill one of them with an irresistable psychic roll trying to take down one of my jets.. After that, we called it.

In conclusion, I think the mission type really favored my army since Vehicles didnt count as scoring units, but I was also very surprised at the pure hate that the dark eldar was able to bring out turn 2. I will probably opt for a less expensive HQ since the Archon really didnt do anything but WWP the unit in. I think the drop in price for the Razorwing has made it a very solid choice to take. Grotesques take punishment and dish it out. The only thing I really missed was useful wytches to fill my venoms. Haywires were almost always useful, even if to just bring down a drop pod that landed in your line.
Back to top Go down

Pure Dark Eldar in a friendly campaign game
Page 1 of 1