THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2k Pure Dark Eldar

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Urien Rakarth
Kabalite Warrior
Urien Rakarth

2k Pure Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: 2k Pure Dark Eldar   2k Pure Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 07:41

Following on from this thread here is my list for advice.

Archon
Power Sword, Combat Drugs, Soul Trap, Shadow field, PGL

2 Haemonculus
Venom Blades, Hexrifles, Casket of Flensing, Shattershard

10 Kabalite Warriors
Splinter Cannon, Raider, Splinter Racks, NS, FF

10 Kabalite Warriors
As above

5 Wyches
Haywire Grenades, Venom, Splinter Cannons

10 Kabalite Warriors
Splinter Cannon, Sybarite

4 Trueborn
Blasters, Venom, Splinter Cannons

9 Incubi
Raider, NS, FF, disintegrators

6 Reavers
2 Blasters

Ravager
FF, Dissies

Razorwing Jet fighter
NS, FF

Razorwing Jet fighter
NS, FF

Incubi obviously go with Archon. Wyches for vehicle hunting. Razorwings provide AA cover and help clear blobs. Everything starts dismounted to allow Haemis to drop tokens then they babysit footdar unit to camp home objective and try to pick off characters. I'll be going up against pure new Eldar by the way.

Any advice appreciated.
Back to top Go down
http://6inchmove.wordpress.com
Finn
Kabalite Warrior
Finn

2k Pure Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Pure Dark Eldar   2k Pure Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 08:33

I don't believe in power weapons on dark eldar. I'm always better off with a venom blade or a huskblade, especially when equipped with a soultrap. You also spend a little bit too much on vehicle upgrades for my taste - our paperplanes cost enough even without them. The incubi unit is also probably too strong - they will eat anything on a charge, leaving you vulnerable to enemy shooting on enemy turn.

And my personal rule of thumb when equipping our skimmers - dissies on raiders, lances on ravagers.

Phiandros
Kabalite Warrior

2k Pure Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Pure Dark Eldar   2k Pure Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 09:31

You are spending A LOT of points on upgrades that are not worth it.

Archon is oddly upgraded. Huskblade or Venom Blade is the way to go´in my experience. Most bang for the buck.

2 Heamys. What is the goal here? these guys are expensive and unless there is a very specific plan they are most likely not worth it. At that cost you get a full troop option with transport. NS, FF and Racks on raiders. Racks = 24'' to be useful, NS = 30+ to be usefull more or less. What do you want to accomplish with these units, trim the fat.

10 warriors without transport and sybarite? Skip sybarite and get these guys a boat somehow.

Incubi. 9... 9! You will charge, kill and die in next turn shooting like Finn mentioned. Trim this to 4-6, and review what transport upgrades u have. NS on a boat that carries assault units. What is the point?

Reavers are fine as are the wyches.

Ravager with dissies... You are currently sitting at 2 T1 DL shots. that is NOT alot. Bump DL count. With the amount of poison shots you have dissies might not be the best option. for me DL > Dissie in this list by far and with this comp i'd take every DL availible.

Flyers: NS is not worth it generally. FF is tho!

Back to top Go down
Urien Rakarth
Kabalite Warrior
Urien Rakarth

2k Pure Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Pure Dark Eldar   2k Pure Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 10:09

OK, amended list given advice above

Archon
Husk Blade, Combat Drugs, Soul Trap, Shadow field, PGL

Succubus
Venom Blade, Haywire Grenades

10 Kabalite Warriors
Splinter Cannon, Raider, Dissy, Splinter Racks, FF

10 Kabalite Warriors
As above

10 Kabalite Warriors
As above

5 Wyches
Haywire Grenades, Venom, Splinter Cannons

9 Wyches
Haywire Grenades, Raider, Dissie, FF

4 Trueborn
Blasters, Venom, Splinter Cannons

4 Incubi
Venom, Splinter Cannons

6 Reavers
2 Blasters

Ravager
FF

Razorwing Jet fighter
FF

Razorwing Jet fighter
FF

Updated again with extra HQ and another unit because I like Wyches.
Back to top Go down
http://6inchmove.wordpress.com
El_Jairo
Kabalite Warrior
El_Jairo

2k Pure Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Pure Dark Eldar   2k Pure Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 11:54

I would advice to keep DL on all Raiders. With the amount of Poison shots you don't need to fear much 2+ AS. Force enough wounds and they will die.

Now you only have the Ravager for Long Range AT.

I don't know about the FF on all Raiders. It depends on your meta but I can understand them since many races can ignore cover now.
Personally I prefer Enh Sails because it allows you to rush more. Sure it is random but still effective.

I would try to trim some points to give the Succubus an Agonizer, so she can ignore some armour if needed.

To me this list looks fine but I'm no expert. Though I would like to see 6 troops at 2000 points. You don't have any wracks as troops so you lack any survivability in troop units. And troops do tend to win games more than often.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2k Pure Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Pure Dark Eldar   2k Pure Dark Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k Pure Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 1